jerky movements in USB play

jayantadak

Hi,

I had a few movies in the 8 GB Transcend pen-drive. I thought of playing via the USB port in the Philips DVD player, on a Panasonic LCD. I was lucky that the player read the files, and also started playing after a few hiccups. But after a couple of minutes the video stopped for a 7-8 seconds or so, but the audio continued without interruption. After a 10 second play or so, both the audio & video again synchronized. This continued after every 15 minutes. Forget about the audio/video quality.

2) The second problem was that the picture was jittery. A scene was playing that of a train chugging its way over a bridge. I noted that the movement of the train was very irregular. It was a long shot showing the entire train in a single capture. The speed of the train seemed a bit fast sometimes and a slow sometimes. Is it poor streaming.

I hope the quality of media players such as WDTV and Xtreamer is not such. Of course, I have never experienced a media player in action. Pl. let me know if the audio/video experience is similar to what I experienced on my pen-drive.

Thanx

JAYANT ADAK.

Is it a usb 1.1 port? The data transfer seems to be slow. Are you able to play the same videos on another player flawlessly? please check.

PS: If you watch Michael Jackson, the videos will always be jerky. its not your player ... :eek:hyeah:

Cheers

How have you connected the DVD Player to the TV? There could be multiple reasons for this -

One - the software in the player is old and cannot read media files properly
Two - the USB in the player could be less than 2.0 standard
Three - the connection between the DVDP and the TV is not fast enough in terms of transfer speed.

I would suggest you connect the DVDP and the TV through an HDMI cable and see what happens.

Most media players have USB 2.0 and HDMI, so this will not be an issue.

Cheers

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back