JIO FIBER / BROADBAND

JioTv app on Android shows a host of channels which r not available on Jio Fiber JioTv+ app.

Example. history tv in hindi , cartoonnetwork, Epic channel are available on JioTv android app but these channels are not available in JioTv+ app on jiofiber settop box. (History Tv Hd English is though availble)

Lot of such channels which r listed in Android JioTv app ( i gues 829 channels) are Not available on JioFiber s Settopbox s JioTv+ app which is used to watch the channels.

Same subrcsiption same login but lot of channels missing on the settop box JioTv+ app.

Any1 facing this or just me . Btw y we can login with our registered mobile no on the Android JioTv app.
Y Jio Fiber is limiting the channels on its SetopTopBox appp.

Both consumer and Jio benefits from bundling services, voip, TV etc. when compared to local providers like Act and others. Airtel, JIO, Tata has better infra including ownership of backbones and local exchanges. If you look at JIO their last mile connectivity is well maintained. Everything is underground and can only share 16 connections per pole which can be increased on demand. I see many people talking about Giga internet, you would never need that type of speeds for home with max 20 devices communicating to internet. Reliable 100 or 200 Mbps should be enough even if 4 people are online with HD calls and kids watching Netflix children. Only condition is well planned LAN within your house. I don’t watch TV anymore and not a Sports fan. And now almost all infotainment channels started broadcasting local, not much to enjoy the quality or content. Left with voip, we know it is of no use as everyone has personal devices. But if you are Jio user, all your calls can be routed over WiFi, even works for Airtel. Only left is Internet. I don’t know if Jio has an option to use customer own router, if yes better to use our own router for maintaining rules in the LAN. So devices can speak to each other freely. Other things that sets apart is service and support, Uptime of service, No over commitment of bandwidth, off course privacy( topic for another separate thread) Jio tie up with Facebook and Google concerns me. Both of these companies don’t have any respect to privacy in practical. We don’t want Jio to become a data harvester.

Used jio fibre for a month,their free trial offer. Although the speed test always showed great speeds however when it came to real life applications, jio did Not fare that well.

After the free trial, reverted back to our previous supplier which does not have the same issues as jio, even though it's at a slightly slower speed rating. Both use respective company provided routers.

MaSh

I am facing any problems with Broadlink smart home devices being used with Jio broadband. Earlier I was on another broadband, and devices worked flawlessly. Anyone else facing similar issue with their smart home devices?

I am facing any problems with Broadlink smart home devices being used with Jio broadband. Earlier I was on another broadband, and devices worked flawlessly. Anyone else facing similar issue with their smart home devices?
Try connecting the devices to the 2.4 ghz wifi instead of the 5ghz

started using a jio 100 mbps plan...will it be wiser to upgrade and use affiliated OTT channels through jio or lets say go for DTH service..which will be economical?(Videocon D2H is on my mind)

started using a jio 100 mbps plan...will it be wiser to upgrade and use affiliated OTT channels through jio or lets say go for DTH service..which will be economical?(Videocon D2H is on my mind)
Amazon prime is 1 year depending on the package , rest keeps renewing every payment cycle. Take a check on the channels that Jio / Airtel etc provide on their wireless DTH and then decide. For my usage the affiliated OTT channels was sufficient.

JioTv app on Android shows a host of channels which r not available on Jio Fiber JioTv+ app.

Example. history tv in hindi , cartoonnetwork, Epic channel are available on JioTv android app but these channels are not available in JioTv+ app on jiofiber settop box. (History Tv Hd English is though availble)

Lot of such channels which r listed in Android JioTv app ( i gues 829 channels) are Not available on JioFiber s Settopbox s JioTv+ app which is used to watch the channels.

Same subrcsiption same login but lot of channels missing on the settop box JioTv+ app.

Any1 facing this or just me . Btw y we can login with our registered mobile no on the Android JioTv app.
Y Jio Fiber is limiting the channels on its SetopTopBox appp.
It is true. My set top box is being used by my parents. Initially they had complaints of many channels not coming but now they watch other things instead like OTT bundled with the plan. I have a basic 30MBPS plan and works fine even when lot of devices are connected. Parents watch TV through the STB and I watch Netflix etc in HD along with usage of 3-4 mobiles to watch Youtube or instagram reels. It works fine. No complaints. I do restart the modem after few days.

Using Jio fiber since last year, since installation I faced video buffering on TV …. Internet working is fine on pc, technician used to tell me to switch plan from 30 MB to 100 MB.. even after changing to 100 MB I m getting same buffering issue… TV using 5GHz …now technician says to use LAN….. Is anyone faced this issue?

Oh.. Never thought it could be a jio problem. My devices also used to run great earlier. But now sometimes they don't work. Is that because of jio?

Based on what I read and saw reviews, JIO stb offers OTT apps for TV. Does it come with Live TV like Tata setup box ? Im planning on getting this with internet or Airtel black. I'll be using internet for online gaming, work, streaming. My concern would be getting the speed right, no unnecessary site blocks, and setup box would be used by parents so should cover most of the channels. I was looking at 1500 plan on Jio and equivalent on Airtel black. Sorry to hijack this thread, if it's not allowed will make a new thread.

One question on the OTT offerings. Does the subscription is for premium (i.e 4k) or the base one for all?
If base one is, has any one tried upgrading to premium from the one which Jio offers?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back