JioCinema - Pathetic Streaming of Fifa World Cup 2022

I switched between Sports18 HD and JioCinema App while watching yesterday's match. The video quality was inferior in JioCinema and it was getting stuck.
I think for uninterrupted viewing Sports18 is the way to go.

Some improvement in stuttering and audio on day 2, still unwatchable...
Apple tv 4k with 100mbps connection via Jio cinema app.

Any Workarounds for Apple TV? There's no camera feed option available I believe. Changed the resolution to 1080p; but the streaming issues persist!

There's no néed for this pathetic free service from Jio, we would have paid for good streaming services.

First thing they did yesterday was to drop the resolution to 720p@25fps and bitrate of 1700.

Today they have upgraded it to 1080p@50fps and bitrate of 5000+.

This is on my 1080p TV on Fire Stick 4k.

Gradually they are going back to what they want to provide. 4k+Dolby Vision+Dolby Atmos 👌👍

IMG-20221122-WA0020.jpg

Is there no paid service
That's offering fifa
Without these buffering and disconnection issues ??

This frwuent disconnection
And refresh
Is getting irritating now

There were issues only on the first day. I have not seen any issues after that.

MaSh

Issue was there on the 1st day. Now it is fine without any buffering. I use app and browser both with auto settings.

I see the ball stuttering very badly and the picture being unclear. If you compare to the satellite telecast you will realise what you are missing.

i downloaded Jio Cinema to my Fire Stick. I find that even while watching movies, buffering issues start after every 15 to 30 mts and I need to restart the app itself for the issue to go...then again it happens after round 15 to 30 mts of watching

Launched the JioCinema app to catch the end of Wales vs Iran. Ad starts playing with a message at the right bottom reading that I could skip the ad after 30 seconds. The ad length? 8 seconds.

Streaming via jiocinema app in Samsung Tizen OS. Except that you have to view an ad on launch of the app, the streaming has been pretty good (no stuttering, no frozen frames) on a 40mbps connection. Issues were faced only on the inaugural day.
My tv (Samsung Serif) does not have a way to view quality of stream.

i downloaded Jio Cinema to my Fire Stick. I find that even while watching movies, buffering issues start after every 15 to 30 mts and I need to restart the app itself for the issue to go...then again it happens after round 15 to 30 mts of watching
This is what's happening to me as well

It's working fine now, ocassional slight stuttering but nothing problematic...
All is well, gladly the issues have been sorted out

Hopefully this serves as a lesson for Reliance. All these issues should not have been there in the first place. Maybe because this was their first major sports coverage, something went wrong. They should avoid the hiccups in advance from next time!

Hopefully this serves as a lesson for Reliance. All these issues should not have been there in the first place. Maybe because this was their first major sports coverage, something went wrong. They should avoid the hiccups in advance from next time!
You need talented people to pull off something at this scale and they amount $$$ the pay, I'm afraid they will attract any talent soon.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back