JRiver Play/Pause button flickering. Any solution?

rajafan

I have a Windows 10 laptop exclusively for music. It is an I5 10th Gen-8GB-250 GB SSD. Everything was smooth until few days ago. Suddenly it started misbehaving and I am unable to play music. Jriver Play/Pause button behaves as if I am pressing it non-stop. Every millisecond, it alternates between Play/Pause automatically. Not only Jriver, all the audio/video players including youtube/amazon behave similarly. Mysteriously, laptop is working fine otherwise.

I have installed only the following. Laptop has nothing else.

Jriver MC24

Music files

Avast

Mouse without border – A tool to use single mouse/keyboard to control two laptops simultaneously

BT Remote PC – A wonderful free android app to control music players in PC from mobile via bluetooth. (I have no enough words to appreciate this app. It controls every music player, be it JRiver, WMP, Winyl, Amazon, Youtube etc. It also controls Windows power button)

I have done the following:

Reinstalled JRiver - Uninstalled all other applications - Clean installed Windows 10 - Clean installed Windows 8 - Clean installed Windows 10 again – Followed every solution suggested in Google including BIOS checking. NOTHING WORKS. Any other solution?

I am no expert - but having experienced something similar the other week, it seems like some "automatic" update has occurred and the new files seems to develop "conflict" with Avast - could roll back to a previous days setup when all was working good ?

I did rollback to previous version of Windows as well uninstalled Avast. I clean installed Win 10 & 8 few times but no success. There seems to no solution.

Oh real bummer!

I suppose the possibility of any command button in the laptop keyboard being constantly pressed and down is remote.

could you try installing Jriver on another laptop and try ?

Oh real bummer!

I suppose the possibility of any command button in the laptop keyboard being constantly pressed and down is remote.

could you try installing Jriver on another laptop and try ?
Jriver is working fine in three other laptops.
I can do all other work in this music laptop except playing music. What an irony?

I had a mouse pointer problem on my daughter's HP laptop.

I disabled the touchpad driver, effectively disabling the internal mouse.

For a while i used an external USB mouse.

Worked fine.

Later installed an external Synaptic (not sure of name) mouse program.

Now all working well with the external mouse driver.

(Just disable yr touchpad / internal mouse in settings & use an external mouse, as the 1st solution)

Hope this helps

I had a mouse pointer problem on my daughter's HP laptop.

I disabled the touchpad driver, effectively disabling the internal mouse.

For a while i used an external USB mouse.

Worked fine.

Later installed an external Synaptic (not sure of name) mouse program.

Now all working well with the external mouse driver.

(Just disable yr touchpad / internal mouse in settings & use an external mouse, as the 1st solution)

Hope this helps
I disabled the internal touchpad and used external usb mouse as suggested by you. But no success. Everything else works fine except the play button.

I disabled the internal touchpad and used external usb mouse as suggested by you. But no success. Everything else works fine except the play button.
It may be due to updated Graphic driver or flash player. I had similar issue. I don't remember exactly how I got rid of it, but that time restarting PC would work. It used come back though.

Solved !

Thanks for the help. Keyboard of the laptop is the culprit. I didn't suspect it because everything else worked fine. I have connected this laptop to an external monitor and kept it always closed. One of the multimedia keys was in a permanently pressed state. Gave few strokes and works fine now.

Solved !

Thanks for the help. Keyboard of the laptop is the culprit. I didn't suspect it because everything else worked fine. I have connected this laptop to an external monitor and kept it always closed. One of the multimedia keys was in a permanently pressed state. Gave few strokes and works fine now.
Samilar can happen if one of the remote buttuns is constantly pressed and we see malfunction on respective device. My Airtel stb used to switch channels automatically. I checked remote ,all fine. I bought new stb when technician said its due to buttons on set top box itselfed were culprit. :)

Samilar can happen if one of the remote buttuns is constantly pressed and we see malfunction on respective device. My Airtel stb used to switch channels automatically. I checked remote ,all fine. I bought new stb when technician said its due to buttons on set top box itselfed were culprit. :)
I spent 4 days cracking my head. Did everything except burning the laptop.:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back