*JRIVER's CLOUDPLAY*

IndianEars

I have, for many, many years been a fan of JRiver (yes, over Roon) for several reasons.

JRiver has "Cloudplay" (located prominently Below The "Audio" tag on the Left Hand Pane of JRiver.

*Cloudplay* wants users to upload their Lossless Playlists ( All Formats Except .wav .... LOL ! ) .... But then that applies to Tidal & Qobuz too :rolleyes:.

Your Uploaded Playlist is shared with ALL other users (Not sure how they work around the Copyright implications)

I have uploaded 2 of my Playlists... Look for
*User Name:* Dinyar (arranged alphabetically)

Would appreciate your comments on the Quality of the streamed content.

The purpose of this post is also to initiate a discussion on JRiver's Cloudplay.... :)

.... if there is anyone who still uses JRiver .....

Good to see you after a long time Dinyar ! curious of your profile picture..are you into reel tapes now ?
Not into Jriver so not able to check your playlist :)

Superb Dinyar! Have been listening to your playlists.
I had known about Cloudplay but did not really delve into it too much.

I have some reservations still in that the playlists don't offer much in terms of playback control.
I was trying to do a back and forth with songs in your playlist and from the same in my library.
But this was not possible as the playlists don't really allow for song selection etc.

But the sound quality is pretty amazing. Great stuff!

Hi Nikhil,

I too seem to have problems playing the song I want from my own Playlist!

JRiver's Playlist have a mind of their own ! Maybe I am missing something, cause I cant imagine that they would not have thought of enabling Track Selection......

Hi Arj,

Super to interact once again with you.

Nope, :) I have not got into Reel-To-Reel Playback.... Very Romantic But just too expensive ( $ 500 per album) for good quality content, and ofcourse the variety available is limited. (Not that I could afford too many....

I just loved the animation so adopted it as my Profile Picture

Hi Nikhil,

I too seem to have problems playing the song I want from my own Playlist!

JRiver's Playlist have a mind of their own ! Maybe I am missing something, cause I cant imagine that they would not have thought of enabling Track Selection......

Dinyar,

The playlist can be controlled in the "Playing Now" after the playlist loads.
Playback control is pretty seamless from whatever I can see at the moment.

Listening to your "Good to Bad for Cloudplay" Playlist right now!

Regards

I created the "Good to Bad for Cloudplay" Playlist as a dig at JRiver ;)... since they do not permit upload of .wav files ... They permit .flac files.

I believe that wav files sound better, and JRiver insists that Flac and wav sound the same .... :)

I believe JRiver prefers .flac more because of the support for metadata tagging.
JRiver allows tagging of wav files inside JRMC but I think this tends to flake out across platforms.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back