Just an audio streamer

Thanks guys this clears my head about streamer transports.

Now if anybody has a Google chrome pls PM me as I am looking for a couple. Can’t post in the classifieds as I haven’t qualified as yet. It please so keep me in mind.

I mean Google chrome cast audio.

Hi, This is more expensive than Mercury, in what way you find magna better then mercury
The Mercury isn't available yet. The Magna sells for Euro 800 excluding VAT (if you are exporting to India). That is pretty close to $799 of the Mercury V2 when it comes.

Hi guys. Reviving this thread.

Has the pro version of the Wiim been launched yet ? They said early Q4 !!!

As per their FB page update, it would be ready for sale by the end of November

As per their FB page update, it would be ready for sale by the end of November

@SiR thanks for the revert. Do you think the pro version has better streaming facility or DAC or just better connectivity options ?

How does this compare with the Yamaha WXC-50?

How does this compare with the Yamaha WXC-50?

With the Price of WiiM PRO expected to be around $149 ( 12,000/- ) comparing with Yamaha WXC-50 may not be fair

With the Price of WiiM PRO expected to be around $149 ( 12,000/- ) comparing with Yamaha WXC-50 may not be fair
I have been asked to recommend a streamer (budget around Rs. 50k but no need for analogue outputs) with BT, Wifi and LAN inputs and SPDIF (Coax), AES or I2S output. I found these options assuming an exchange rate of Rs. 90 per $. I don't know where these would be available in India.

$220 (Rs. 20,000?)

$400 (Rs. 35,000?)

$450-550? (Rs. 40,000-50,000??)

$500 (Rs. 45,000?)

$600 (Rs. 55,000?)

Any ideas? What do we get as we go up the cost ladder? Only the Bremen B2 has AES/I2S.

Last edited:
I have been asked to recommend a streamer (budget around Rs. 50k but no need for analogue outputs) with BT, Wifi and LAN inputs and SPDIF (Coax), AES or I2S output. I found these options assuming an exchange rate of Rs. 90 per $. I don't know where these would be available in India.

$220 (Rs. 20,000?)

$400 (Rs. 35,000?)

$450-550? (Rs. 40,000-50,000??)

$500 (Rs. 45,000?)

$600 (Rs. 55,000?)

Any ideas? What do we get as we go up the cost ladder? Only the Bremen B2 has AES/I2S.
The Yamaha streamer

And then
There is always the lumin

Yamaha first retailed at 25k INR. But now it cost around 41k. That is what is really unfair. Squeezing money out of us once they know there is a demand.

Yamaha first retailed at 25k INR. But now it cost around 41k. That is what is really unfair. Squeezing money out of us once they know there is a demand.
Even if Yamaha is retailed for the same 25k, still it is not fair to compare it with WiiM PRO ( 12k ) :p

Jokes apart....,

considering the build quality, DAC inside (ESS), better connectivity, Yamaha seems to be better when compared to WiiM PRO

Of course, most of the AV manufacturers are here for squeezing money based on the demand for their product and Yamaha cannot be different from them

Even if Yamaha is retailed for the same 25k, still it is not fair to compare it with WiiM PRO ( 12k ) :p

Jokes apart....,

considering the build quality, DAC inside (ESS), better connectivity, Yamaha seems to be better when compared to WiiM PRO

Of course, most of the AV manufacturers are here for squeezing money based on the demand for their product and Yamaha cannot be different from them
Yeah, but doubling the amount within a short period is totally unacceptable.

Hi Guys

I am seeking some help and advice.

I want an good audiophile grade audio streamer. Not a media streamer. I only want to stream music from the Tidal and Spotify app on my phone to my DAC.

I have a DAC, pre amp and power amp.

So far, I find when I look for a streamer, it come bundled with a DAC. I guess that makes me pay for a DAC that I do not need or want.

I’m not a DIY person so not looking at assembling a raspberry pi based DAC/streamer , or anything on those lines. Just want to buy something off the shelf.

Any recommendations or advice will be welcome.
I have a friend using the Wiim mini and seems very happy with it. Not sure about the nitty gritty involved.

Back