Just an audio streamer

Ash

Hi Guys

I am seeking some help and advice.

I want an good audiophile grade audio streamer. Not a media streamer. I only want to stream music from the Tidal and Spotify app on my phone to my DAC.

I have a DAC, pre amp and power amp.

So far, I find when I look for a streamer, it come bundled with a DAC. I guess that makes me pay for a DAC that I do not need or want.

I’m not a DIY person so not looking at assembling a raspberry pi based DAC/streamer , or anything on those lines. Just want to buy something off the shelf.

Any recommendations or advice will be welcome.

Not wanting to play around with products based on raspberry pi I think your best bet is the bluesound node.

It does have inbuilt dac but I would say the emphasis is more on the streaming side of things

You could buy a streamer from Denon / Marantz and choose not to use the inbuilt DAC.

I just bought the Denon DNP-800NE and very happy with it.

I use the optical out to connect to the DAC in my amp.

You could buy a streamer from Denon / Marantz and choose not to use the inbuilt DAC.

I just bought the Denon DNP-800NE and very happy with it.

I use the optical out to connect to the DAC in my amp.

Hi, Does this have a Tidal Connect? Or all streaming is via Heos. Which DAC have you connected this to. Thanks

Hi, Does this have a Tidal Connect? Or all streaming is via Heos. Which DAC have you connected this to. Thanks

@Ash

For your requirement the 'iFi Zen stream' would be the perfect solution. It has h/w and features unfound in other competing products irrespective of the price. Eg active noise cancelling in usb for cleanest usb signal, high-end crystal oscillators for usb timing etc..

@Ash what you are looking for is a streamer transport, LUMIN U2 is one that has garnered great reviews. Silent angle makes a few transports too. In the world of streamer transports you will have to chose from the very few that exist.

Linderman limetree bridge or primare NP5 are some really good sub 100k options which are pure streamer transport.

ifi Zen Stream. Although I haven’t heard it , but @DB1989 is extremely happy with it. And he has quite a few expensive streamers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back