Just prevented a blunder, now please suggest (Bose Alternatives) !

Thanks dude ! Have saved your number, you can delete/edit the post now if you wish to. :)

thats ok buddy.
I am Sid and He is Suri and we both are not terrorists!

Eh Suri bhai? ;) ...that one from you was a killer ! heheh

Last edited:
Suri saab,
Only issue i feel could be in the output when our friend lends his ears to 11L2 at my place as i am driving 11L2 out of a pre-power. But i feel it shall still be a better bet than at an audition room still and give a near 'his room' experience.

The Quad 11L2 at Denny's was being powered by a 40W amp, while the Sr 4003 is ~80W, so maybe the speakers probably won't sound much different at your place ? Even if they do, I am pretty sure I won't be able to tell the difference. :eek:

UPDATE:

Last night when I returned home, my dad said he doesn't want any HT or Bose or whatever. It was an impulsive action that he wanted one, but now he doesn't.

So, I was a bit distraught mainly because, I was so eager get those beauties at home. Anyway, today morning I tried to talk to him, I explained him he needs sources of entertainment in this age, and it should be okay to invest in a system.

He agreed ! :eek:hyeah:

But he's thinking of some more cost cutting and has asked me if our old LG DVD player will be fine for use ? What do you folks think ?

Update: Just checked Kamal ji's review of the Pionner DVD player, and it doesn't have support for DVD-A ? Well, my old LG player does have DVD-A support (however there's no HDMI port, do I need it ?), so...at least that's one thing favoring my current player.

It might help if you give the DVD player's details. Does it have a digital coax/optical out for audio and component out for video? If yes, then to a large extent you can live without HDMI. You might have to invest in a DAC at a later point of time.

Sorry for not being specific, but yes, it does have coaxial, digital out & component as well. Thanks for the assurance that I won't be needing HDMI. ;)

Yes, should be nearly the same.

The Quad 11L2 at Denny's was being powered by a 40W amp, while the Sr 4003 is ~80W, so maybe the speakers probably won't sound much different at your place ? Even if they do, I am pretty sure I won't be able to tell the difference. :eek:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back