Kali Monitors LP-8

They are studio monitors.

So studio monitors are a no-no? I am having trouble getting this clear...why they are not good for home listening.....but good for producing music.

And what's different between critical home listening....and critical studio listening?

And aren't studio speakers with better resolution?

If your source material is high rez, then studio monitors could be a good option. But if you are going to use streaming services like Spotify, avoid. Pl refer to what I said earlier. Buy, basis quality of your software.

Studio monitors are more linear in the bandwidth they play. They are not necessarily more resolving.

But if the source material is stuff like Spotify, the linear behaviour of the speaker will not go down well. With such material, forgiving speakers are required.

But if you are convinced, you want to buy basis measurements, pl go ahead.

Entry level studio monitors from different brands don’t sound very different. They all have pretty much same specs. Minor differences will exist because of magnets, cone material, etc

Last edited:
If your source material is high rez, then studio monitors could be a good option. But if you are going to use streaming services like Spotify, avoid. Pl refer to what I said earlier. Buy, basis quality of your software.

Studio monitors are more linear in the bandwidth they play. They are not necessarily more resolving.

But if the source material is stuff like Spotify, the linear behaviour of the speaker will not go down well. With such material, forgiving speakers are required.

Ok. Got it.

Enkay78, I too use JBL studio monitors at home. The 4343. These are the ones on which Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, etc have been mastered on

AR Rahman uses JBL studio monitors at his recording and mastering studio

Yes. They were bought from Japan. But mine are not modded by Kenrick.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back