KEF iQ5 vs Monitor-Audio BR5 vs Wharfedale 9.5

Congrats luchian those are lovely speakers and receiver. Could you let us know how much you paid for each

Thank you all for the comments. It is very reassuring for me.
So the prices:
Speakers: RS6+LCR= 75k / AVR: RX V663=40k / Cables: 5k

Cheers, I would write some more but I'm busy listening my system :p

Congrats !! Luchianull for a great speaker and receiver. Just curious to know whether you auditioned the wharfedale diamond 9.5/9.6 ? Any reasons why you dropped it ?

Hi Hari, thanks.
No. I didn't audition the Diamonds, although they were one of the firsts on my list when I begun my search..
What I did listen:
Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i, 906i and Mezzo 6 / KEF IQ5, IQ3 / Polk RTi A5 / / AE Neo3 / ELAC FS127 / JAMO 605 / and the MAs.
To be honest, one regret is that I didn't had the chance to listen to B&W. But I'll just get back to my RS6's ;)

Thank you all for the comments. It is very reassuring for me.
So the prices:
Speakers: RS6+LCR= 75k / AVR: RX V663=40k / Cables: 5k

Cheers, I would write some more but I'm busy listening my system :p

Thats an awesome deal luchian in this forum guys where talking about RS6 on its own selling for around 70k.

Sharad thanks for tht info I did not check your signature hence I asked nice setup you got there.

Hi friends,

I want to let you know that my search is over. So in the battle BR5 vs IQ5, the winner is... RS6. :). I've finally decided for RS6. And I don't regret it at all. They are all that I wanted. Maybe a "problem" is that I don't have the complete system "by book"; thanks to thevortex's comment, I took the decision to go in steps. After a few days of testing here are my thoughts:
AVR: Yamaha V663
Speakers: RS6 fronts / RSCLR center / No Sub / surrounds no names.
The Yamaha is a great receiver for both movies and music, it is perfect for what I needed.
Since my only worry was music, I think I would've been happy also without buying a matching center (I'm sure that another center could match - until this moment, after a few movies I can't say that the center made a big difference - at least not that much to justify paying the same price as for 1 pcs of RS6).
The fronts (and thank you Venkat for insisting that I should stay with floorstanders), are great. For movies, it is possible to reroute the bass through fronts, and the kick they deliver is awsome. (In "The Fountain", close to the end, there is a scene where everything "implodes"- the sound literally hit me in the chest). I don't think I will go for separate Sub very soon.
My weak link are the surrounds, for which in any case I will not buy the RS1, but some nice and not expensive surround speakers (from Q1010 package), since the aren't that much solicited (in my case).
Thank you all for your comments.

Hey Luchianull,

Congratulations man !
My story was exactly the same, I auditioned Diamond 9.5, BR5 and IQ5 and ended up buying RS6. Well, I happened to start this thread, so my statement here is redundant.

And you are right in not taking a sub. My WH Diamond SW150 is gathering dust, literally. I am too lazy to even switch it on, as RS6 does everything from 40 Hz to 17 kHz. I cannot claim anything beyond this range, as my ears are not able to perceive below 40 Hz and beyond 17kHz, ageing you know !!!
I actually did a test on my ears and this is my finding.

Enjoy music !

@Vue, this is sick: you really "checked" your ears ? :clapping: I don't really know what to hope: if you had to, from medical reasons or to "see" your limits :)
Btw, this was a very useful thread for me. Thank you all for your inputs.

If I can not hear them on my laptop, what should I replace? Laptop or ears :)

Edit:
I tried on laptop, no sound/ sensation for even 50htz file.
Then I tried on my headphones - I could feel my headphone vibrating even on 10-19htz file, slightly more obvious at 40+ sec in that file.
Not sure what is the spl level, but I could feel it for sure.

Last edited:
For those who ended up buying RS6, did you compare with Dali Ikon 6 as well?

regards
No bud, we were already getting confused by too many auditions: BR5, iQ5, Diamond 9.5, Mordaunt Short 906i ... My wife and I were leaning towards BR5, when the senior forum members here asked me to audition RS6. And we were hooked .... Dali Ikon was never on my list.

Hi Vue and the other MA RS6 owners...

I know this link is pretty old now...but was interested in what you think of the RS6. Is it still impressing everyone as it did during your auditions?

Vue: I read elsewhere in the thread (think your post #17) that that you were still waiting for the RS6 to catch up with the BR5's performance...and after that there wasn't any mention of the performance. I was especially drawn to your comment that the treble was still muddled?

Any updates on how the speakers are performing now pl?

thanks

G

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back