Kef Q300 or Klipsch R28F

debanjanhazra

I have 2yr old entry level avreceiver Pioneer 323. Currently I use JBL SCS 200. I am satisfied with the sub and the center(center- i would replace later)Planning buy FS not more than 55k. I am from Kolkata. So I dont have much option for audition. Any help and reviews on these apeakers? Suggestion will also help me. I will use this for both movies and music. Not much classical music listener.

If bookshelf speakers sounds better than FS at this range than that is also ok.

Last edited:
If your use is for movies, my suggestion is to decide on the center right away since its best if you can match the "timbre" of the center and the main speakers.

If your use is for audio, then the timbre matching is not important

A bang for the buck FLRS would be the Polk RTi A7 at Rs 60k or a pair of Tannoy Eclipse 3 for Rs 40k or ELAC F5 for about the same money.

I have 2yr old entry level avreceiver Pioneer 323. Currently I use JBL SCS 200. I am satisfied with the sub and the center(center- i would replace later)Planning buy FS not more than 55k. I am from Kolkata. So I dont have much option for audition. Any help and reviews on these apeakers? Suggestion will also help me. I will use this for both movies and music. Not much classical music listener.

If bookshelf speakers sounds better than FS at this range than that is also ok.

Considering the feedback from different members i would go for Kef. I have not heard much about the klipsch, I could be wrong though.

If possible try auditioning both using your own amp and music collection.

Mash

Klipsch is 6-10 dB more efficient as compared to KEF or other speakers.
So they would be more forgiving on amp power requirements.

Cheers,
Raghu

I also have JBL SCS 200 with Denon AVR2113, looking for speakers upto Rs. 50,000/- Options like this. 1. Polk RTi a3, RTi a1 and Polk Tsx150c with existing Subwoofer.
2. Onkyo SKF 4800 with Polk OWM5 and Tsx150c with existing Subwoofer.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back