KEF Q350 vs Polk R200 vs Dali Oberon 3 vs QA Concept 20 vs any other?

rksingh1

Hello masters,

I have been using Polk S55 as my LR for last 3-4 years in my 5.1.2 setup driven by Yamaha V6A. Others are S30, OWM3 and custom up firing atmos.

I am changing this setup from living room to dedicated HT room with a projector. I can not use tower speakers anymore - they are blocking the screen. Need to change towers with Bookshelves. I barely use the setup for music, may be like 10-15%.

I am fairly happy with Polk S55. I can spend like 60-70k on a good pair of bookshelves and I am torn between VFM buy between those 4. I feel like I can't go wrong with any of those 4 but I wanted to to hear what community thinks about them?

Last edited:
Hello masters,

I have been using Polk S55 as my LR for last 3-4 years in my 5.1.2 setup driven by Yamaha V6A. Others are S30, OWM3 and custom up firing atmos.

I am changing this setup from living room to dedicated HT room with a projector. I can not use tower speakers anymore - they are blocking the screen. Need to change towers with Bookshelves. I barely use the setup for music, may be like 10-15%.

I am fairly happy with Polk S55. I can spend like 60-70k on a good pair of bookshelves and I am torn between VFM buy between those 4. I feel like I can't go wrong with any of those 4 but I wanted to to hear what community thinks about them?
Ideally, the centre should match with the front L/R to not detract from the immersion.

Depending on whether you have a Polk centre channel, you may not want to switch to any of the above and stick to Polk S series for the front bookshelf as well because the last thing you want is the tone to change when the sound pans from the centre channel to the front L/R.

I have heard the Q350 and Concept 20. I found the Concept 20 to have a spicier exciting presentation while the Q350 has a more easy going sound but bigger scale and extension. Build wise, the concept 20 is far superior to the Kef but also a much smaller speaker.

Did you move your Dali to surround? Is the change really that noticeable with XTZ?

stick to Polk S series

Thank you for your review words.

S20 or ES20 is not that interesting. I know it'll work in the setup, but I am looking for something more exciting. If I need to change LCR may be I'll do so, but for now, I'll change the LR and see if the combination goes well with me, if not, I'll bring the matching centre channel.

I am more inclined towards R200 (hoping to have somewhat a matching tonality being a Polk) but Concept 20 are on the radar too.

Did you move your Dali to surround? Is the change really that noticeable with XTZ?
I sold the z3 and vokal. The 95 series is way better than dali for LCR. Also the 95 series comes with port and tweeter tuning options. They also support Bi-amp. Have a demo and decide. I have z1 for surrounds

Picked up QA Concept 20. Beautiful looking shiny black speakers. Plugged them in, and played normal TV - was just ok. Need to finish the setup and test with some music track - some calib needed. Hopefully shouldn't disappoint me.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back