kindly help me to choose cd player with dac

manolinaik

dear friends greetings
my one set up of wharfdale 159, with yamaha 1020 with marantz 8004 cd player is now controlled and used exclusively by my senior family members
now i am left with yamaha 1020,wth wharf 159 set
kindly help me to choose cd player with dac
the set should have multiple inputs [ just like marantz sacd 8004]
i mainly listen to classical vocal, instrumental, old songs
budget inr 1 lakh
my first choice was marantz sacd 8004 then i thought i already have one why not have different set up
[1]thought of musical fidelity m1 dac with mi cdt as transport
[2]musical fidelity m6 cd player with built in dac [ almost double the price of marantz 8004]
[3] any other recommendation [ only those available in india ]
[4] do marantz 6004/ 5004 cdp and musical fidelity m1dac pair well
[5] is in built dac of yamaha rx 1020 itself is sufficient
[6] oppo 105 for audio cds
thanking you all
naik

Last edited:
If you are looking only for a CD player with DAC i/p, you have NAD C565BEE CD player. There are good reviews for that player and it should cost around 50k. The only problem is it has only SPDIF digital input and not USB based digital input. One of our forum membeers (I think it is "shivam") has that and you can ask for a specific feedback from him.

In case if you are in search for a blu-ray player, then Oppo 105 is excellent for both HT and stereo purpose.

Regarding your Yamaha RX-A1020 with in-built DAC (or any other receiver), I am sure most of us in the forum will dismiss it as unfit for stereo purpose. Certainly I cannot make that claim unless I personally test 1020's DAC with other DACs.

You have asked another question on Marantz 5004/6004 pairing with m1dac. There should be no problem doing that since 5004/6004 is going to feed only the digital signals to m1dac. of course the master clock (on the 5004/5004 or any other CD transport) is very important to drive the DAC, but I am sure you won't hear any visible difference with your setup.

dear spirovious, greetings

can you please tell me where audiolab 8200 is available in mumbai

any fm who can give their ownership reviews will be nice

thanks
naik

Last edited:
What about Audiolab CD8200?
Its is award winner with Ess DAc chip.

I was going to post that, except I couldn't remember the name! :eek:

This is the one that I wanted to buy, but could not justify the spending by the usage. Actually, given the cost of some "high-end" stuff, it is probably actually good value for money.

I don't remember, now, the number/type of digital inputs, but, if they suit the OP's requirements, this is the one I would buy.

From my researches at that time, I remember that, as one moves up the Cambridge Audio range, digital in makes an appearance. Might suit the budget better than Audiolab?

(In the end, I realised that I had no need at all for anything other than a fairly basic CD player so I settled for a second-hand Music Hall. That's why I don't have specific experience to add to this thread.)

dear members
i am offered musical fidelity m3 cd player at a reasonable price [for a demo piece] i am in dilemma should i go for it
kindly guide me
thanking you all

naik

dear members
i am offered musical fidelity m3 cd player at a reasonable price [for a demo piece] i am in dilemma should i go for it
kindly guide me
thanking you all

naik

It is a very good cd player. It has good mid-range performance. The bass is not as hard hitting as NAD but very deep.

Depending on the condition and the price offered you can go for it. If possible try to hear it in your system. Sometimes the system synergy and room acoustics can change the sound totally.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back