Klipsch 5.1 or Wharfedale 5.1 setup?

jsmshaw

I am looking at a Home theatre system for my living room (20 x 11 ft).
I have shortlisted two 5.1 systems - one from Klipsch and one from Wharfedale specs as below:
Klipsch
Left Right speakers - Klipsch RP 140-D
Centre - Klipsch RP 240-D
Rear - In ceiling Klipsch CS 18C
Subwoofer - Klipsch Reference R100SW
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

Wharfedale
Left Right speakers - Wharfedale ML100
Centre - Wharfedale ML200
Rear - Wharfedale WCM 65 inceiling
Subwoofer - Wharfedale D10 woofer
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

Have demoed both and like both sound signatures. Above Klipsch speakers are ultra slim (about 3 inch depth) and Wharfedale are not far behind (about 5 inch depth). Wharfedales have a wooden enclosure and are warm speakers, Klipsch are bit brighter with ABS sort of enclosure. With Klipsch I am worried of hearing fatigue though I can modify treble through receiver settings.
Price wise, both above packages come in around 2.1-2.2 lakhs.
People any suggestions from users of above speakers? Thoughts / recommendations please..

If ur room has accoustic treatment then u may go for Klipsch otherwise i would prefer the warmer Wharfedale for long and loud listening.

If ur room has accoustic treatment then u may go for Klipsch otherwise i would prefer the warmer Wharfedale for long and loud listening.
This is not a dedicated den, its the living room. So no special acoustic treatment... Thanks for your input! I am also veering towards the more neutral Wharfedales.

Have been using Wharfedale diamond series in HT setup. They are warm sounding and easy to listen for longer duration without any fatigue.
It would also serve the purpose of Music listening.
Klipsch is generally considered to be brighter as you have already experienced in the demo.

I have shortlisted two 5.1 systems - one from Klipsch and one from Wharfedale specs as below:
Klipsch
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

Wharfedale
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

Have demoed both and like both sound signatures. Above Klipsch speakers are ultra slim (about 3 inch depth) and Wharfedale are not far behind (about 5 inch depth). Wharfedales have a wooden enclosure and are warm speakers, Klipsch are bit brighter with ABS sort of enclosure. With Klipsch I am worried of hearing fatigue though I can modify treble through receiver settings.
People any suggestions from users of above speakers? Thoughts / recommendations please..
Go ahead with the wharfedale if you have to choose between these two.
Make sure the subwoofer is placed at the correct spot for good frequency response.

Klipsch
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

Wharfedale
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

Initial impressions of Klipsch might be good but in long run it isn't a good choice.

And the wharfedale design philosophy is very good. They have focused on performance instead of just specs..

Klipsch
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

Wharfedale
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

How's your rear speaker in ceiling ?
Will in go in the ceiling ?

Klipsch
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

Wharfedale
Receiver - Denon X550 BT

Klipsch are brighter, so yes time to time you might experience fatigue but with wharfedale the experience will be more pleasant in a living room setup.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back