Klipsch quintet 2

Silentpro

Hello, I have purchased klipsch quintet 2 , for my 5.0 setup ,
Avr is denon x1500h .
Center speaker voice is very crystal clear and loud.
But I'm unhappy with front and rears , they sound very loud rather than detailed bass ... should I use equalizer to tone bass for front and rears ?

Is this a 5.0 or a 5.1 ? ie if you do not have a sub you will not get a Bass and it may affect the mids as well .

Also folks here might be able to help you out with the settings on the denon ie the speaker setting of Small/Large and crossover

The satellite speakers have a frequency response 110-23,000 hz (±: 3db). If you run Audyssey, it will set all your speakers large as you don't have a sub. I would suggest that you set the speakers to small and crossover all speakers to 120 Hz. The clarity of the system might further improve. There is not much one can do with the bass though. You will need a subwoofer with this.

Is this a 5.0 or a 5.1 ? ie if you do not have a sub you will not get a Bass and it may affect the mids as well .

Also folks here might be able to help you out with the settings on the denon ie the speaker setting of Small/Large and crossover
Im having Sub - its Velodyne impact 12 , its on the way to reach me .. as of now its 5.0 klipsch without woofer . but rears seems very loud as compared with JBL speakers .. both have same 100watts , 8 ohms but im wondering why klipsch not giving that of JBL speaker did .

Im having Sub - its Velodyne impact 12 , its on the way to reach me .. as of now its 5.0 klipsch without woofer . but rears seems very loud as compared with JBL speakers .. both have same 100watts , 8 ohms but im wondering why klipsch not giving that of JBL speaker did .
I am having the same klipsch and denon combo. You need a subwoofer as klipsch are always harsh.
As ssf said you need to change the crossovers to 100 hz Small speakers and subwoofer to LFE+main with cut off at 100hz.
If you want I can share my settings

I am having the same klipsch and denon combo. You need a subwoofer as klipsch are always harsh.
As ssf said you need to change the crossovers to 100 hz Small speakers and subwoofer to LFE+main with cut off at 100hz.
Thanks for the help . Please share ur settings..
Which sub woofer ru using with quintet 2 ?

plz share them

My SW taken -8.5 from audessy setting

That would be the conservative settings of Audyssey. Use it for a while and try to manually change the settings and frequencies for the 5 speakers. Use these settings for a day and check if it has improved, then tweak settings to your liking and you will be done!

That would be the conservative settings of Audyssey. Use it for a while and try to manually change the settings and frequencies for the 5 speakers. Use these settings for a day and check if it has improved, then tweak settings to your liking and you will be done!
LPF what should be set as ?? knob back of the subwoofer ?? 50-200hz its showing

LPF what should be set as ?? knob back of the subwoofer ?? 50-200hz its showing

If you are using a subwoofer cable out from AVR to Sub then that knob does not apply , you need to keep it in the center..... as signal is LFE and set by the AVR....subwoofer volume on the sub should be at 50% ...

In the manual settings under Audio section of AVR, increase the levels of subwoofer if you feel the bass is less.....get it to -6 and see if it makes any difference....also remember that subwoofer placement also plays a role in the kind of bass output you get

If you are using a subwoofer cable out from AVR to Sub then that knob does not apply , you need to keep it in the center..... as signal is LFE and set by the AVR....subwoofer volume on the sub should be at 50% ...

In the manual settings under Audio section of AVR, increase the levels of subwoofer if you feel the bass is less.....get it to -6 and see if it makes any difference....also remember that subwoofer placement also plays a role in the kind of bass output you get
sure will do that ....thanks :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back