klipsch speakers???

manu4panjab

hello brothers

i want to know is anybody ever listen or have klipsch speakers

i'm asking this because here in hifivision thread 90% of guys have wharfadle speakers

what's your opinion on klipsch speakers i heard they have very high sensitivty like 98db or higher :licklips:

i just ask this question becuase today i have checked plenty of different companies speakers review and klipsch got higher reviews and it doesn't mean that not anyother brand having higher reviews they do but right now lets talk about klipsch guys :clapping:

Have you searched the forum - there are a number of threads on Klipsch. Jamo/Athena are also part of the Klipsch brand.

hello brothers

i want to know is anybody ever listen or have klipsch speakers

i'm asking this because here in hifivision thread 90% of guys have wharfadle speakers

what's your opinion on klipsch speakers i heard they have very high sensitivty like 98db or higher :licklips:

i just ask this question becuase today i have checked plenty of different companies speakers review and klipsch got higher reviews and it doesn't mean that not anyother brand having higher reviews they do but right now lets talk about klipsch guys :clapping:

Cannot say about non-powered speakers as I've not heard them, but I've used the ProMedia 2.1 and they are very good. Only they are powered, PC speakers, but very good for music.

Technically, the klipsch reference series is a better overall performer than the wharfedale diamond series. They are more expensive too.
But then again, both these speakers are voiced differently. Few years back, I used to have the diamond 8.4s and an audiophile friend, the reference series floorstander. They are different animals.
Klipsch especially the reference series has a huge following in the US especially among the rockers.

Last edited:
I have auditioned the older klipsch reference series (x-2 gen), I think it was an RF-35.
As you said, the horn makes them very efficient so they can achieve higher sound levels with less amplification.
regarding SQ, they are ok for HT. But I dont think they are very accurate when it comes to music reproduction. of course I'm talking abt the older generation. I read that there was a big improvement in their next two generation reference lines.
you will see mixed feedback abt these speakers in various forums, which hangs around the brightness of these speakers.
The biggest deal breaker for me was their centre speaker. I found the voices to be too chesty. but they've got some good Sub woofers for HT application.

Klipsch speakers are LOUD. Audition them, either you will love the sound, or you will hate it.

People say that you will like it if you like metal or rock. Well, I like metal and rock, but did not like the klipsch. What is missing is the clarity in the music, the seperation of the instruments.

Dont base your choice on loudness alone, there is a volume control button on the receivers/amps for that purpose:)

For HT, these might be good, but then as some one else pointed out, if the center channel is crappy, HT wont be good either.

Klipsch is a damm good brand. the tractrix horn tweeters employed on reference series is excellent. But yes, they are sensitive to equipment they are paired with. When wrongly paired they sound bright

But overall I would definitely rate them above average.

Klipsch like most horn loaded high sensitivity speakers need to be paired carefully with electronics. If done right they do not sound bright. If done right there is no problem with separation of instruments or any other such audiophile descriptions if you compare them to speakers around their price point. I knew one audiophile who tweaked his klipsch to such an extent with electronics and cables that they started sounding good with classical too :eek: Klipsch is often maligned as an HT speaker and people do not pay attention to equipment matching, hence they sound loud-chesty etc.
I personally do not like klipsch speakers. Nor do I like wharfedele. But Ill take the Klipsch anyday over the wharfedales if I am a hard core rocker. Check it out and see if it floats your boat.
Pairing it with a budget AV receiver with some 5k dvd player and some random cables is asking for trouble :D

Last edited:
tube amps are supposed to be good match to klipsch as they need lesser power to sound loud and some of the harshness is harnessed.

regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back