Klipsch v Marantz

dnero

Hi to everyone and I am new here.

A quick question -
Can Marantz SR5012 drive Klipsch RP280F fronts and 450c center along with lover spec and different brand surround? Also, .2 Atmos in ceiling set?
This will be for a 14x16 living room.

SR5012 is accurately rated at 100 WPC at 8 ohms and it's quite sufficient to drive most of the speakers. Since rp20f u mentioned is 8 ohms impedance, there should not be a concern at all.

A quick question -
Can Marantz SR5012 drive Klipsch RP280F fronts and 450c center along with lover spec and different brand surround? Also, .2 Atmos in ceiling set?

Absolutely!........if you feel it needs more.....you can manually tweak the speaker levels and check....

A quick question -
The klipsch are very efficient speakers. The 5012 is more then enough.

Hi ,

So , unfortunately I cant go for 280f due to their size , they are quite big in terms of width and due to my existing setup they cant fit in my living room. I liked how they sounded and would been a great upgrade.

Now, I am looking at 260f (they are smaller in width as compared to 280f) but wondering whther it is worth to go through upgrade hassle. Right now I have 6 yr old Wharfedale Obsidien 600 and i would say they sound ok+ . I am sure 260f would be better but i am just not too sure and keen to take them , maybe because i liked 280s and going for 260 would mean a compromise etc.

So the question is , what should be my right question i.e. should i upgrade to 260? Or should I add a sub and then see?

Evaluate the costs and placement of sub or the 260s.....see which is cost effective to go ahead with....

Most importantly...audition and ensure that the sub or the 260s are able to deliver the output and frequencies you are looking out for.....almost or same experience as the 280f

Evaluate the costs and placement of sub or the 260s.....see which is cost effective to go ahead with....

Most importantly...audition and ensure that the sub or the 260s are able to deliver the output and frequencies you are looking out for.....almost or same experience as the 280f

Thanks, any recommendation on sub that is suitable for marantz and wharfedale setup?

sub it depends on budget...based on the front speakers being used and what low frequency they are capable to deliver....you need to ensure you get a sub which can deliver minimum 10-15 hz lower....the more closer you are to 20hz..the better....

Secondly it also depends on how big is the hall / room where the system is place, if you like a lot of bass then go for a 10 inch or 12 inch sub.......ported subs work well for music and movies..........some used sealed subs for music only.......I use a ported BIC America PL 200 which performs well for music and movies....

sub it depends on budget...based on the front speakers being used and what low frequency they are capable to deliver....you need to ensure you get a sub which can deliver minimum 10-15 hz lower....the more closer you are to 20hz..the better....

Secondly it also depends on how big is the hall / room where the system is place, if you like a lot of bass then go for a 10 inch or 12 inch sub.......ported subs work well for music and movies..........some used sealed subs for music only.......I use a ported BIC America PL 200 which performs well for music and movies....

Can I know how much does PL 200 costs? and from where ?

My floor stander's frequency response is 30Hz-20khz . I see that PL 200 range is 20HZ -20khz. I am sure sub would make a diff but would that be noticeable? I have a placement issue as in when the screen is lowered I will have to keep the subwoofer on the floor and in front of the TV unit but near to Left speaker. If used while watching TV,then no problem, i can keep it on very and very solid wood unit.

My floor stander's frequency response is 30Hz-20khz . I see that PL 200 range is 20HZ -20khz. I am sure sub would make a diff but would that be noticeable? I have a placement issue as in when the screen is lowered I will have to keep the subwoofer on the floor and in front of the TV unit but near to Left speaker. If used while watching TV,then no problem, i can keep it on very and very solid wood unit.
Check the below link
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...oofers-owners-thread.68324/page-4#post-760036

proaudiohome.com.bic-america-acoustech-pl-200-subwoofer-front-firing-powered-12-inch-1000-watt

Back