Klipsh R15 as surround

paimpozhil

Hi All,

I have a Yamaha 581 receiver paired with Mission Mx3 floor standers currently.

I used to have a boston A225C center channel which I found was a bit lacking.
Replaced it with Klipsh Center RF 250C and now looks like a noticable upgrade.

I was using Yamaha Satellite speakers from NSP-20 package as my surrounds and they wre doing okay,

I replaced surrounds with Klipsh R15M bookshelves, Now I expected the performance to be 100% better as it is replacing a speaker worth 3-4x less cost.

I didnt feel the upgrade yet.. should I wait for speakers to break in or is it a waste of money to keep good bookshelves as surround?

I am also considering to move Klipsh bookshelves to Front if they are better than Mx3 so I am planning to swap them for fronts and do a long listening session.

I would love to add a tower from Klipsh for the fronts but that is out of question as it is too much money

Any ideas are appreciated.

Hi All,

I have a Yamaha 581 receiver paired with Mission Mx3 floor standers currently.

I used to have a boston A225C center channel which I found was a bit lacking.
Replaced it with Klipsh Center RF 250C and now looks like a noticable upgrade.

Great..

I was using Yamaha Satellite speakers from NSP-20 package as my surrounds and they wre doing okay,

I replaced surrounds with Klipsh R15M bookshelves, Now I expected the performance to be 100% better as it is replacing a speaker worth 3-4x less cost.

I didnt feel the upgrade yet.. should I wait for speakers to break in or is it a waste of money to keep good bookshelves as surround?

Klipsch are great speakers and should do excellent for surround duties.. You not being able to differentiate the upgrade is strange..

Did you re calibrate your AVR with the newer speakers ? Share your speaker settings, level, crossover..

I am also considering to move Klipsh bookshelves to Front if they are better than Mx3 so I am planning to swap them for fronts and do a long listening session.

They should better the MX3 as fronts, but may be limited on bass..But, if you have a sub, nothing to worry..

I would love to add a tower from Klipsh for the fronts but that is out of question as it is too much money

For that money, you can get a heck of an AVR..:)

Also I was worried if my receiver is too basic for it to power the surround channels with enough watts to bring these speakers to life.

Your AVR, speakers are all good.. You just have to tweak them in the form of settings to extract optimum performance..

Hi Man

Thanks for helping.,

I did calibrate it after adding new speakers using YPAO

I have a BIC America PL200 as sub

I setup all my speakers as small and have crossover setup at 110,

levels are +1 for fronts, +3.5 for center and 0 for surrounds

+3 for presense speakers ( yamaha satellites that I rarely use ).

Great..

Klipsch are great speakers and should do excellent for surround duties.. You not being able to differentiate the upgrade is strange..

Did you re calibrate your AVR with the newer speakers ? Share your speaker settings, level, crossover..

They should better the MX3 as fronts, but may be limited on bass..But, if you have a sub, nothing to worry..

For that money, you can get a heck of an AVR..:)

Your AVR, speakers are all good.. You just have to tweak them in the form of settings to extract optimum performance..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back