Kodi on Shield Pro after Android 11

RaaR

Hi

I upgraded Nvidia Shield Pro to Android 11 yesterday. Since then, Kodi hangs in 2-5 minutes maximum and I'm unable to play any video via Kodi.

Has anyone else facing similar issue?! I am unable to find a solution to fix this

Hi

I upgraded Nvidia Shield Pro to Android 11 yesterday. Since then, Kodi hangs in 2-5 minutes maximum and I'm unable to play any video via Kodi.

Has anyone else facing similar issue?! I am unable to find a solution to fix this
I' was facing same problem since few days even before this update.i did try reinstalling after uninstallation.
But same result
Try to clear cache .it solved my problem on many occasions but will recur when you play it subsequenly

Last edited:
Yes. I did the same on yesterday and facing the same issue. Kodi is always struggling to play the atmos audio files especially in multi audio files which is containing 4-5 mbps bitrate truehd audios even before update. VLC is playing smoothly.

Not sure what version of Kodi you are running. Trying upgrading to latest. It may help.
I did and I'm on the most recent version now. Still nothing.

Not only issue with Kodi, VLC and MX players are unable to scan pendrive videos too. Also unable to access internal storage via file explorer.

After complete power off the total system and reboot several times, it recognized the videos in file explorer.

So for those who haven’t upgraded,its best not to and continue using the old version till it’s fixed. I haven’t upgraded but auto update is enabled. Need to disconnect from internet and disable it

I did and I'm on the most recent version now. Still nothing.

Not only issue with Kodi, VLC and MX players are unable to scan pendrive videos too. Also unable to access internal storage via file explorer.
It looks like a permissions issue, may be some advanced security in Android new version that needs to fixed by nvidia. But this doesn’t answer why it started working after a complete power cycle :) it may be bug.

It looks like a permissions issue, may be some advanced security in Android new version that needs to fixed by nvidia. But this doesn’t answer why it started working after a complete power cycle :) it may be bug.
For me storage access didn't work after power cycle. But I believe I figured out this issue alone.

Under device preferences - > Storage, one need to enable storage scan option which is disabled by default. This may be a part of post update changes. Now MX & VLC players are able to list videos from internal & external storage devices.

Also I enabled file access permission to X-plore (file explorer) application which changed to don't allow after update.

The Kodi issue remains the same yet though.

Don't update your shield to the latest version who are using external storage especially. It's really irritating.

Just bought my Shield TV pro and on 1st setup it went straight to the update.Had to reboot once before VLC could ' see ' and play files on a WD HDD.But seems to be working perfectly now.

I had a word with two FM’s I know personally who have updated to the latest version. They didn’t face any issues so far.

I had upgraded to Shield experience 9 last weekend on my shield pro and after seeing this thread, did some spot testing with Kodi playing different movie formats for 5 to 10 minutes each and did not have any issues so far.

I had a word with two FM’s I know personally who have updated to the latest version. They didn’t face any issues so far.
For me, so far having two issues. Unable to move files from internal storage to external drive (using X-plore as file explorer), the process keep on getting failed.

Second, live streaming Jio, Hotstar and playing movies via pendrive works with Kodi. But I've setup gdrive access to play movies from shared folders, before upgrade it flawlessly streamed those files. But post upgrade, all it takes for Kodi is a maximum of 15 seconds to freeze up. Next thing, I have to force close and reopen again.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back