Kolkata Dealers of Marantz and Yamaha AV recievers

manas2mail

Hi Dears,

Please help me to get Kolkata dealers contacts of Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers. Is there any showroom for these brands.

Thanks in Advance
Manas Ghosh

AV Square - Lake Market (Exclusive for yamaha)
ProFX - Hindustan Park/ Triangular Park
SKS Traders - Opposite Poddopukur/ Near Motor Vehicles
Promises - Shakespeare Sarani & AJC bose Road crossing
Harmonie Audio - Alipore.
Watt Effects - Southern Avenue & Sarat Bose Road Crossing.

AV Square - Lake Market (Exclusive for yamaha)
ProFX - Hindustan Park/ Triangular Park
SKS Traders - Opposite Poddopukur/ Near Motor Vehicles
Promises - Shakespeare Sarani & AJC bose Road crossing
Harmonie Audio - Alipore.
Watt Effects - Southern Avenue & Sarat Bose Road Crossing.

All the mentioned Kolkata dealers are just useless with no knowledge of what they are selling and lacks a proper demo room . I have dealt with them and they are most of the time sub-dealers who source their equipment from dealers in Bangalore , Mumbai or Delhi.......If you are looking for Marantz you can try HiFi Mart , their service is good with commitment.....

All the mentioned Kolkata dealers are just useless with no knowledge of what they are selling and lacks a proper demo room . I have dealt with them and they are most of the time sub-dealers who source their equipment from dealers in Bangalore , Mumbai or Delhi.......If you are looking for Marantz you can try HiFi Mart , their service is good with commitment.....

------------------------------------------------
Solfege at Ballygaunge Circular Road has two listening rooms ( they are good) at their showroom and they undertake service for all Marantz products sold in India by MZ AUDIO DISTRIBUTION. But showroom is managed by few ill-mannered people who don't have ample knowledge about what they are supposed to do. At times, they quote unreasonable price for the product you want to buy from them, and most of the cases, that itself drives prospective customers out!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I beg to differ. I am not sure if they are 'sub-dealers', rather they are dealers and get their products from distributors, which is quote normal I think, and as far as demo room is concerned Harmonie Audio and Solfege have good listening rooms, SKS also has one though it is small. Harmonie Audio is ran by Mr. Jagwani who is very knowledgeable and more than helpful to suggest the right component and point you in the right direction.
I have not been to Watteffects but I hear good things about them, I have spoken to the owner over the phone and he seemed a nice person.

Promises has not been a good experience for me but apart from that I do not agree to that sweeping statement that all the dealers are useless. I have had pleasant experience with most of them and I hold experience provided by Harmonie Audio in very high regard. Even now I get messages from Mr. Jagwani about suggestions to improve my audio setup.

Plus 1 to Shibashis babu.

Jagwani sir runs a tight ship and he is a proper audiophile. He knows stuff.

Utsav is a bit hyper but is quite well versed with his products.

Shrikant has been in the circuit for a long, long time.

Chanchal da knows what he sells. Apart from his catalogue, all is "baaje" though :p

Hi,
I am looking for a Marantz pm6005 in kolkata. Can anybody help me with any info about the dealer and the price.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Solfege but you need to bargain hard. Hi-Fi mart is the best option
Marantz PM6005 Integrated Amplifier
They are offering 20% discount on MRP but generally they(rather, their courier companies) are not willing to deliver products in West Bengal. You please call them, if you can furnish some 'Form-C' and send it to them, only then they can deliver the product. I had gone through the same problem and finally bought my PM6004 from a Kolkata dealer for 30K when it was available at Hi-Fi Mart as low as 28.5K :sad: So, point is if you buy from Hi-Fi Mart, you need to pay 36K and if you buy from a Kolkata dealer, then you need to haggle for discount and even after that you need to presumably pay something between 38K and 40K

Last edited:
Can somebody please share the contact number of the owner or manager of MZ audio distribution Sollfege on Ballygunge circular road?
I had given a Marantz AVR for repair about 2.5 months back and they have been sitting on it.
The staff there is extremely unhelpful.
They took a month to get the service manual, that too after I called up their Mumbai office and requested them to send the service manual.

Now they claim that the HDMI changer IC has gone kaput and they are waiting for the part to come in. This was the status about a month and half back and till now they have not been able to even share the status of repair.

Extremely unprofessional I must say.

As regards the other places that have been mentioned, I have visited almost all of them to get a pair of floor-standers. finally picked up Polks from ProFX.
However, found people in Harmonie, SKS audio, Pro FX, Digital Audio to be very polite and helpful...calling them useless is a harsh statement.

I would use that adjective to describe the staff in Solfege though...:mad:

Plus 1 to Shibashis babu.

Jagwani sir runs a tight ship and he is a proper audiophile. He knows stuff.

Utsav is a bit hyper but is quite well versed with his products.

Shrikant has been in the circuit for a long, long time.

Chanchal da knows what he sells. Apart from his catalogue, all is "baaje" though :p

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Solfege but you need to bargain hard. Hi-Fi mart is the best option
Marantz PM6005 Integrated Amplifier
They are offering 20% discount on MRP but generally they(rather, their courier companies) are not willing to deliver products in West Bengal. You please call them, if you can furnish some 'Form-C' and send it to them, only then they can deliver the product. I had gone through the same problem and finally bought my PM6004 from a Kolkata dealer for 30K when it was available at Hi-Fi Mart as low as 28.5K :sad: So, point is if you buy from Hi-Fi Mart, you need to pay 36K and if you buy from a Kolkata dealer, then you need to haggle for discount and even after that you need to presumably pay something between 38K and 40K

Its Form 50 I think road tax form. Pay Tax at IT office and send the invoice for clearance. It's such a pain.

Hifimart refused to send some items to Kolkata when I was looking for stands. The weight and volume becomes a problem for large items and I can't really blame them.

Any experience in buying from watteffects (Utsav Bhiwaniwala)?
Percentage discounts offered?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I do not have any personal experience of buying from him but people generally say very good things about him, interacted a couple of times over the phone but never visited watteffects. Supposedly he offers good discounts as well. Perhaps you should just give him a call and talk directly, the number is there in facebook I think.

For Good stereo visit Harmonie Audio, Digital Acoustics and SKS Traders. SKS has great listening rooms now as they have shifted their showroom. Harmonie was always great and very very patient and offers the best service and advise,thats MR Vasudeo Jagwani for you. I think he is the best in business , a very few like him apart from Sid Trehan of Sound by Design ,Delhi. Then theres Digital Acoustics , Mr Pal,immensely knowledgeable , he started digital accoustice by renting an apartment in my house and was the firts one to bring in Onkyo or real hiend stuff in Kolkata,yes the grand daddy of what we see today,but the problem is youll have to bargain hard and he is hardly at the dealership and mostly look after projects.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back