LA6910 HDMI Audio pass through to optical & device control using magic remote

windy_rider

Last edited:
Hey Buddy,

Thanks for bringing up interesting topics for this model..

Though i haven't tried but i assume that its possible to get Sound thru Optical Output when HDMI is connected..
Coz you can get headphone audio output whether its HDMI or anything..

Last edited:
Hey Shrey , I meant to ask about 5.1 audio . Edited OP

windy_rider

If you have 5.1 HT with optical input then connect it directly to your BD player or STB or any other source.

I don't expect 5.1 output from T.V when HDMI is connected unless source audio is 5.1 (im not sure)

Go to a showroom and ask sales man to connect 5.1 to this T.V for testing purposes :eek:hyeah:

Can you tell me from which INPUT SOURCE are trying to get 5.1 audio?

Last edited:
Actually I have may 2/3 devices connected thru HDMI (including laptop ) . So I want to in a sense re- route audio . I feel that there is some secret setting which LG has disabled .And its only a matter of enabling it using service remote (check the link in OP) . And it want to hook it up to this device Decoder ..
Does any one know of a hack to enable the service console ? Actually with a TV of this capability we really dont need a HT system just to manage audio as along as it can also re-route 5.1 audio

One of the members suggested connecting component Input directly to 5.1 amp .But comp has only 4 leads .Hence of not much use

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back