Last CDs You Bought

Rupam

Like a similar thread on Bluray, lets start a thread on CD collection. I doubt anybody buys CDs in these days. The popularity of DACs prove that in this forum. But there are some FM who said to prefer to own CDs than digital format. Please share the name of the CD (SACD) and mention the source of your purchase. Post your purchase regardless of the language of the song (Eng,Tamil, Telegu,Hindi, Bengali....)

Lets roll :)

Last edited:
koushikda, which album of Lopamudra? I think you got it from M. Biswas and Symphony.

Oh! I miss the opportunity of strolling at the crowded roads near METRO cinema and purchase Audio CDs, Bengali film DVDs from Symphony. Whenever I get opportunity to go to Kolkata, I hop in Symphony and purchase Audio CDs / Bengali film DVDs. I will be benefited if somebody identify few good Bengali Audio CD albums and good Bengali film DVDs, so that I can look for them online.

Last Audio CD I have purchased was online from Rhythm House - Dave Koz 'Hello Tomorrow'.

Thanks

Amit

Got a few CDs from Rythm house recently
(1) Rene Olstead - Rene Olstead
(2) Elvis Prestly - Gospel favourites
(3) Bhupen Hazarika hits - Mone Rekho
(4) Brikamjit Singh - Dancing Flute.

I also placed an order yesterday for a few of AR Rahman's tamil movie audio CDs (600024.com)
(1) Kadal
(2) Vinnaithandi varuvaya
(3) Sillinu oru sandhippu
(4) AR Rahman tamil hits - vol 1
(5) AR Rahman tamil hits - vol 2

Best,
APK

Got a few CDs from Rythm house recently
(1) Rene Olstead - Rene Olstead
(2) Elvis Prestly - Gospel favourites
(3) Bhupen Hazarika hits - Mone Rekho
(4) Brikamjit Singh - Dancing Flute.

Best,
APK

hi, Just curious, are you Bengali? ( because of Mone Rekho Album)

hi, Just curious, are you Bengali? ( because of Mone Rekho Album)

Nope. I am from Kerala, but I did spend a good number of my childhood years in Koltaka. So I can understand Bengali reasonably well.

I was looking for Bhupen Hazarika's Assamese songs and Mone Rekho was the closest that I could find!

Best,
APK

I've been buying CDs online from Landmark online.

Have picked up quite a few recently ...

1. Best of Bread
2. The Kenny Rogers Years - 20 Golden Hits
3. Queen - Greatest Hits
4. Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox
5. Swedish House Mafia - Until Now
6. Richard Marx - Hits and Ballads

Last edited:
Hi,

The last CD I bought was LAST WEEK, PARWAAZ : Jagjit Singh Live at the Esplanade,Singapore : 22 Sadabahar naghme...Ek Nayi Andaz.

I am listening to less and less MP3s every month, downloading FLACs.

Its true that CD buyers are an endangered species ; when I went to buy this CD at my local CD seller ( matches Symphony's prices ), he told me he was selling as mnay CDs per month as he used to do when he first started stocking CDs in the late 1990s.

Recently purchased CDs:
1) George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice Vol I (Epic Records UK) - used
2) Charles Lloyd - Voice in the Night (ECM Records, Germany) - NOS - never opened
3) Colbie Caillat - All of You (India Edition)
4) Brahms Piano Concerto No 1 & Schumann Introduction and Concert Allegro - Idil Biret with the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra (Naxos, EC)
5) Saint-Saens Cello Concertos Nos 1 and 2, Maria Kliegel (Naxos, Germany)
6) Willie Nelson - Heroes (Sony Music, EU)
7) John Coltrane - Soultrane
8) Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox
9) Tim McGraw - Two Lanes of Freedom

I've been buying CDs online from Landmark online.

Have picked up quite a few recently ...

1. Best of Bread
2. The Kenny Rogers Years - 20 Golden Hits
3. Queen - Greatest Hits
4. Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox
5. Swedish House Mafia - Until Now
6. Richard Marx - Hits and Ballads

Queen greatest hits is one that gets played over and over again by me.

Together by Jagjit Singh & pankaj Udhas from flipkart ( had some expiring voucher utilized buying few audio cd)

Last edited:
Like a similar thread on Bluray, lets start a thread on CD collection. I doubt anybody buys CDs in these days. The popularity of DACs prove that in this forum.

I would seriously love to buy all my old music on CD, whether I have the LP still or not. The question I see is: how long is this going to be possible?

It isn't a case of CDP or PC-Audio: I'm mostly playing the music from the PC anyway.

But I do not want to buy music with any less rights that the vinyl or CDs that I have bought in the past. Where downloads come without any sort of restriction, then I don't mind that, but I do mind DRM, or any sort of restriction on how, when, and on what I can play my music. Some of which, the companies have already had two profit bites (LP, CD) out of me.

Oh! So busy ranting, I nearly forgot to answer the question! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just ordered:

Stephen Stills, Manassas (have old, noisy but playable LP)

and

Stephen Stills, Just Roll Tape (new to me)

Last edited:
For Mumbai-ites, there is more bad news on the CD front - Landmark store at Infiniti Mall in Andheri W has stopped selling audio CDs (been more than a month now).

So the only remaining places in Mumbai that I know where one may buy audio CDs are:
1) Rhythm House at Kala Ghoda - the place rocks, as ever. Their vinyl collection is sometimes pleasantly surprising. And they have great jazz and blues collections (on CD) and a really great collection of western classical CDs.
2) Satyam Collection near Eros Cinema in Churchgate - they're more interested in selling greeting cards.
3) Planet M in Hiranandani Complex in Powai - refresh rate is rather low. Also, they've stopped stocking vinyl, but they have some really classy western classical titles, especially from Harmonia Mundi.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back