LCD/Plasma TV Sales

It is all a result of manufacturers forcing the CRT to be obsolete and pushing LCD's and so-called LED's in the market. So even people who don't have much knowledge about them go for LCD's just because they are promoted so aggressively.

I am not against them per se, and also agree that there is almost no research happening in CRT TV's, but if the major chunk of TV watching is going to be cable, then CRT is the best technology. Cable Channels appear so bad on a LCD that I don't understand how people watch it continuously. Just yesterday, I had been to a friend's house; he had a Samsung 32" Full HD TV, and was watching Zee TV using a Dish TV STB. And the picture quality totally sucked. Even my smaller 21" Panasonic CRT gives a better picture.

Just my 2 cents, and open to comment...

well crt used to be good but for todays standard it is indeed obsolete in many area poor ansi contrast,flickering,eye strain,power consumption,size limitations,glare HD content isn't as good as plasma or lcds in HD.

what HD ready lcd show is how poor quality of video broadcasts are,which CRTS fail to show due to their huge pixel sizes,inferior image processing,poor ansi contrat even compared to the best of crts like the HR or XBR series.

they are good in some areas like show high speed motion ,viewing angles.good ON/OFF contrast.

Global LCD TV shipments to reach 170 million units in 2010

I was reading this article^ where it said that LCD sales in India are going to be approx. 18 million. This seems pretty far-fetched. I was under the assumption that it was a few million (4-5'ish) at most.

Does anyone have info on this ?

Do not trust these numbers .These are based on many assumptions ,especilaly by international "experts".

And many times these are based on some "imagination" by seniors!

Global LCD TV shipments to reach 170 million units in 2010

I was reading this article^ where it said that LCD sales in India are going to be approx. 18 million. This seems pretty far-fetched. I was under the assumption that it was a few million (4-5'ish) at most.

Does anyone have info on this ?

Read this
Interview of sony senior

Interview: Takakiyo Fujita elaborates on Sony products and growing Indian market - TechShout

News FRom ET

Samsung to launch 3D televisions by June- Electronics-Cons. Products-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

"According to industry experts, the flat screen TV market is growing at over 50 per cent and is expected to become 1.5 million units this year. "

18 Millions :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
That is every 1 person out of 7 of ENTIRE population is buying LCD ,again many indian FAMILYs comprise of 6-7 people sharing TV!!

Such numbers must be coming from a doped mind!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Read this
Interview of sony senior

Interview: Takakiyo Fujita elaborates on Sony products and growing Indian market - TechShout

News FRom ET

Samsung to launch 3D televisions by June- Electronics-Cons. Products-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

"According to industry experts, the flat screen TV market is growing at over 50 per cent and is expected to become 1.5 million units this year. "

18 Millions :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
That is every 1 person out of 7 of ENTIRE population is buying LCD ,again many indian FAMILYs comprise of 6-7 people sharing TV!!

Such numbers must be coming from a doped mind!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

18 mn (or 1.8 crores) out of our total population (arnd 113 crores) is 1 in 63 and not 1 in 7.. even so, the projections look high..

Ooooook...so the market is 1.5 million units a year. Whoever wrote that (18mil market thing) must have been out of his mind !

*sigh* Here I hoped that 18 mil/year would bring HD programmes/broadcasts a little faster. :sos:

18 mn (or 1.8 crores) out of our total population (arnd 113 crores) is 1 in 63 and not 1 in 7.. even so, the projections look high..

1 in 63?
Considering an average of 4 people in a family, the count becomes 1 in 15 families..

Considering poverty line calculation, I would assume only as many CRT users in india.

So if everyone ditch their CRTs for LCDs (Or in other words, LCDs cost only as much as CRTs and everyone upgrades), then this is a possibility. Even then it is remote to the extent to say 'impossible'.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back