LCD TV from China

Eddy

Guys,

A friend of mine is coming back from China in July end. Is it possible & worthwhile for me to get an LCD tv from him ? The following questions come to mind:

- Is there a significant price difference ?
- What about quality / warranty ?
- Import Duty / Taxes / Custom Problems ?
- Which brands ?

Any other thoughts / issues ? Apart from Pen Drives, any other things that can be got from China ?

Guys,

A friend of mine is coming back from China in July end. Is it possible & worthwhile for me to get an LCD tv from him ? The following questions come to mind:

- Which brands ?

Any other thoughts / issues ? Apart from Pen Drives, any other things that can be got from China ?

tube amplifier
cheap electronic watches, mp4 players, electronic stuff - as gifts for family.

And yes a panda for me :eek:hyeah:

Upto Rs 25k there are no taxes as such for electronics stuff.....jsut that dont carry 10 cameras, mp4 players, 20 watches etc. One or two items each is fine.

Last edited:
25k is the combined limit right ? If yes, that will be exhausted in an LCD itself.

Buttt... is it worth getting it from China... anyone has any experience of doing it ?

25k is the combined limit right ? If yes, that will be exhausted in an LCD itself.

Buttt... is it worth getting it from China... anyone has any experience of doing it ?

no not worth it - lcds are cheap here nowadays. what is your budget? There is plenty to choose from starting from a brilliant 28k for a 32" HD ready to 20 lakhs for a sony 70" FHD plasma.:licklips:

well some lcds like sony are cheaper in china,u can get a sony 32inch V5500 FHD with built in DVB-T tuner for as low as 28k online price in china compared to around 48k for v550a without DVB-t tuner in india showroom.

Last edited:
Guys,

- Which brands ?

If you are into serious audio, there are a number of choices that you could pick up. You bring 1 or 2 pieces of equipment for 50-60K and you will be set for a loooong time. That is only if you are into it.

I can't comment on pen drives and such though looking at it from outside, it does not seem worth the deal.

Guys,

- Which brands ?

Hi

Please read my previous post about my experience of bringing TV from overseas:

http://www.hifivision.com/television/3176-price-thread-4.html#post33693

Spiderman

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back