LCR Meter in Bangalore

baswamin

Hello all,

I am in middle of finishing my preamplifier and one of the module needs me to match inductors. The inductors are for JG filter buffer for Subbu DAC.

JG Buffer:
Joachim Gerhard Filter Buffer for ES9022 - diyAudio
Subbu DAC:
"Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy - diyAudio

I wanted to know if anyone in Bangalore has LCR meter that they can lend? I enquired in shops on SP road and it seems the price of LCR meter is in range of Rs. 1500/-. I felt for measuring only once it is too much to pay. Even if someone can point me to shops where I can use it once for some amount will also be useful. Please advise.

Thanks

i have built a LC meter half way , will be happy to lend .. but need to get the time slot for finishing

Kaushik,

Thank you for the response and help. I was thinking of coming up with some circuit like the one in the link to measure inductor but I also dont have scope. So was kinda stuck.
Inductors I want to measure are 18mH value. Let me see if I can construct that jig. Once built, I will let you know and we can go from there.

Thanks

Why not :

1. Playback a 1,000 Hz ( or 100 Hz depending on inductor value and quality of multimeter) signal ovia yr Computer sound card.

2. Output of sound card fed to a Know resistor of 1K ohms or 10 K ohms or any other appropriate value, in series with the inductor
Measure the AC Voltage across the Inductor, using a Multimeter.

Calculate using Ohms law.

baswamin , i have a bunch of 555s ,bench PSU and parts library ,I will try to do the jig tomrrow if I can
i have some standard inductors to calibrate too .. please PM me if you are planning to come ..scope access is total free :D

Kaushik,

Thanks a lot for making the jig for me to match the inductors. I could not believe you built something so quickly over weekend and it works, really very helpful. It looks like it can be made into good meter with small tweaks. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

It was my pleasure to do the matching for you..any one want to make lc meter for normal dmm also can ping me.. I will post schematic soon here for people to make it.. this jig is independent no oscilloscope needed

is it possible to change this rig to go lower (or higher) for the inductors. Say to measure 0.5uH (for thiele networks, or other hand wound small air core inductors) or 20H (for psu chokes).... would it be possible for you to share the pdf for the pcb.

I am sure 10-100uH easily can be done...yes it will go till 20mH..we tried 15mH but beyons that may ne my arduino meter will do
I will post pdf ro scale once i reach home..and also instructions to run on many ranges

Download the PDFHERE _--> lcmeter-1.pdf - PdfSR.com
-print in 600dpi on a glossy paper , make pcb , drill

use box capacitors if you can for better accuracy

Component placement -->

in place of meter you can put a 1K resistor and take readings with digital multimeter :rolleyes:

Adding a series resistor in the line to the meter allows us to change the range .

default is 600uH range

Add 4.7K in series you can go in 10-50 mH range

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back