LED Light Strips

Hi Santosh,
You can get them in Rudraksh Jhoomars (opposite Multilevel Car Park), J.P Lights or any of the several light shops in in BVK Iyengar Road. These range from ~Rs.300 to Rs.1000 per meter for the LED ones and ~Rs.100 for the incandescent ones. Don't go for the incandescent ones, they don't look that great and also consume more power. My suggestion is to opt for something around Rs.500 range as the LED quality is pretty decent. Bargain hard as these guys try to sell at a high price. You will also need an adapter to convert 220V to 12 volts. I think for every 5 meters you need 6amps....I can check this for you as I have 10 meters in my HT.

Hi Santosh,
You can get them in Rudraksh Jhoomars (opposite Multilevel Car Park), J.P Lights or any of the several light shops in in BVK Iyengar Road. These range from ~Rs.300 to Rs.1000 per meter for the LED ones and ~Rs.100 for the incandescent ones. Don't go for the incandescent ones, they don't look that great and also consume more power. My suggestion is to opt for something around Rs.500 range as the LED quality is pretty decent. Bargain hard as these guys try to sell at a high price. You will also need an adapter to convert 220V to 12 volts. I think for every 5 meters you need 6amps....I can check this for you as I have 10 meters in my HT.

Hi santhol, can you please post here a few pics of your HT room with these LEDs on?

I am not very good at photography and my camera is not a great one, but these WIP pics should give you an idea.

The blue light is from the LED strips and the red is from LED spot lights. The white lights are optic fiber powered by LED.

DSC06966.jpg

DSC06972.jpg

Great pictures, looks awesome, i can imagine what a feeling it would be watching a movie in this environment.

1000 for a metre? seems costly, leds r supposed to be cheap :(...anyone from kolkata tried/try the same in fancy mkt or mehta building or chandni!?
LEDs are cheap if you can make it yourself. Also there are different qualities of LEDs available at various pricepoints starting at Re.1 per LED.

Are there any dimmable LED strips available? The one which works directly on 220 - 240 Volts.
Manish, I have heard that the LEDs can be dimmed but are very expensive. Halogens can be dimmed, so can normal bulbs. I use 20 watt bulbs (frosted finish ?) for the dimmer operation. I control it with a remote meant to control a fan.

A year back I bought a 5 meter spool of these LED strip lights for Rs.250/- per meter here in Pune. The power source (1 ampere) cost another Rs.250. These strips can be cut after every 3 LEDs and so you can use it in whatever lengths you want. Very easy to install - simply peel of the self-adhesive backing and stick the strips to the desired surface. If you cut them up then you need to solder connecting wires to the strips to connect to the power source. These need to be connected in parallel.

Its been a year now and they continue to light up pretty good. I don't think you need to go for more expensive ones (unless of course you want to keep them ON for long periods of time everyday).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back