LED Lights

Available LEDs units can do spotlight , color lights ,table light..
But i doubt if there is any LED light in india that can exactly replace a 60w bulb or mini tube(same light output) .. and last 5+years .

Market is filled with poor china LEDs(ready made lamps).

Hai kaushik,

If you want to save energy try T-5 Fittings, they give 10% more light compared to a 40W Flourescent tube, by just consuming only 28W. The life of these tubes are also more than Fl. tubes. Of course you should change the Fitting. A 28 W T-5 Fitting+tube costs just Rs.325/- in Chennai and it is really good value for money.

N.Murali

I contacted a company called Andslite, a Delhi Co.
They mfr LED torches, lanterns etc & also LED bulbs, which can go into a regular bulb holder.Cost for a unit with 100w incandescent light equivalent?
2000Rs!
They said rather lamely that costs would come down once demand picked up.to which I remarked that at this kind of price, did they expect any demand forthcoming?
E.g re CFL's, demand exploded when prices came down to 90 to 130 Rs for various wattages, also helped by Reliance forcing superfast running digital meters on Delhi citizens.

Available LEDs units can do spotlight , color lights ,table light..
But i doubt if there is any LED light in india that can exactly replace a 60w bulb or mini tube(same light output) .. and last 5+years .

Market is filled with poor china LEDs(ready made lamps).
If you are willing to pay the price you will get the Lumens for your requirement
Chinese lights available here are all rejects from their manufacturing line.
There are some manufacturers of very High end LED lights in Bangalore.
PM for their contact

Murali,
T-5 will it be profitable? life of atleast 3 years @daily 5hr use ..also replaces 40w tube..
i doubt.
china rejects have poor light emitting material , the leds degrade at a faster rate,Is the 325Rs tube good enough to comply all above ?

sound_advice
what is the use if i pay 2k for a LED bulb? as kamal told...

Any LED bulb is there that can save 20% (atleast) ...equivalent to 60w bulb.
lasts 3 years even 150/- i can give for white light .
ans :'NO'

Hai Kaushik,

I am using T-5 tubes for the past 6 years in my residence, they last more than 5 years @ 4-5 hours of usage/ day. Their average life is 18-20K hours. Their lumen output(@28W) is 10% more than a 40W Fl.Tube(which consumes 55W i/c the normal choke). So theoretically Power saving is 50% approx. Initial cost is Only Rs.325/- for Fiitting+Tube. They are very light in weight and sleek, aesthetically appealing.

So don't you think it is VFM.

N.Murali.

Murali,
T-5 will it be profitable? life of atleast 3 years @daily 5hr use ..also replaces 40w tube..
i doubt.
china rejects have poor light emitting material , the leds degrade at a faster rate,Is the 325Rs tube good enough to comply all above ?

sound_advice
what is the use if i pay 2k for a LED bulb? as kamal told...

Any LED bulb is there that can save 20% (atleast) ...equivalent to 60w bulb.
lasts 3 years even 150/- i can give for white light .
ans :'NO'
Have been using the same T5 fitting that runs for 6 Hours everyday and it is running for the last 5 years.
On LED , illumination has to do beyond the Diode ( Bulb for the noobs ).It involves driver modules, heat exchange and more. Also LED's are highly efficient as task lighting , design of the bulb varies with the angle and radius of illumination area.

Hello Everyone...

There are lot many LED Lights available all across, but 99% of them are either Chinese, or Taiwanese...

And most of the Indian Manufacturers are just putting in the outer circuits, but not manufacturing the diodes...they import the diodes from China or Taiwan...
Most of the LEDs available in the market are based on direct power or on just with RGB controller, but there is a lot that you can do with LED lights, specially when Automation is becoming quite a common thing...

Check out the below link ...

Abstract AVR

This company based in Great Britain, is one the finest manufacturers of LED lightings, and have there customers all over World, with quite high end names as Hiltons, Raddissons, JW Mariots, Sound of Music and a lot long list....

All there products are DMX-512 based...

Yes to agree they are a bit costlier compared to other Chinese products, but they come with 2-3 years warranty / guarantee...

Check out and get back...

Quite a awsome product...

I am looking for a wall mounted LED head-lamp for reading purpose. Can anybody suggest the good quality LED lamp at Delhi?

Hai Kaushik,

I am using T-5 tubes for the past 6 years in my residence, they last more than 5 years @ 4-5 hours of usage/ day. Their average life is 18-20K hours. Their lumen output(@28W) is 10% more than a 40W Fl.Tube(which consumes 55W i/c the normal choke). So theoretically Power saving is 50% approx. Initial cost is Only Rs.325/- for Fiitting+Tube. They are very light in weight and sleek, aesthetically appealing.

So don't you think it is VFM.

N.Murali.

do they give out warm light like milky bulb? I dislike flouroscent and CFL lights as the ydo not emit many wavelengths.

On that note, do not buy CFL ever - they will damage the environment more than save electricity.

Regards

any reliable T5 light brand recommendations?
can i get OSRAM etc

Osram is a brand that is sought after by aquarists in India, for its consistent long-term output in humid conditions. It will do well for normal household use also.

I am using halonix T-5 lamps for my new built home. Its price in Kerala is Rs.400 including fittings

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back