LED - SD Set Top Box - AV vs HDMI connection any advantage. ?

Hiten

hi all,
Is there any advantage of having HDMI wire connection against standard old school AV connction from SD Set Top box to LED tv having 1366x768 max. resolution ? OR for that matter Even HD Set top box feeding signal to HD ready 1366x768 resolution TV ?
thanks and regards.

HDMI offers better picture/sound quality due to its digital nature. Besides, it can auto-detect the screen resolution/refresh rate for an optimal viewing experience. Last, HDMI supports CEC for simplified TV/Set-top box control via TV/Set-box remote.

hi all,
Is there any advantage of having HDMI wire connection against standard old school AV connction from SD Set Top box to LED tv having 1366x768 max. resolution ? OR for that matter Even HD Set top box feeding signal to HD ready 1366x768 resolution TV ?
thanks and regards.
Certainly yes as AV is analog and it will convert to digital again by LED tv. Where as HDMI is digital signal, even STB is digital, so no conversion and better PQ than AV.

Thanks gentlemen,
so basically advantage being no additional digital conversion and various resolutions/aspect ratios . Need to change my SD set top box. will update.
regards

update :
changed the set top box to HD. There is good improvement in picture quality. Cant hear much difference in sound quality of small speakers. There are more options to adjust aspect ration and screen size. Totally confused. Have tried all the combinations of Box and TV. Tired finally have set it to 16:9 and Auto mode. Movies, infotainment channels size look perfect I think. Have settled for compromised two vertical half inch width for News and others with minor stretch of the picture. I guess this is unavoidable issue as movies, news , infotainment all have different screen ratio.
Cant record programmes to USB is another problem. Though I don't need it but its good to keep things working. TV serviceman said for recording change from HDMI to AV cables and change date location settings in TV. But it has not helped.
any solutions ?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back