Legacy Audio Speakers

ckn

Hi,
Does anyone have experience or knowledge about Legacy Audio speakers? Any feedback will be appreciated as I am planning to buy the same. They cost a pretty penny so making sure that I have all bases covered.
Thanks in advance.
ckn

I have heard a model or two. Good speakers no doubt.
More importantly, the distributor is a great guy. Support wont be a problem. His pricing is also good.

Regards
SNV

Hi,
Thanks. I took a demo at LaKozy. Great stuff. Was wanting to have some independent views as it is not really a low-baller's speaker. So wanted some confirmation before I spent the bucks.

Was in Chennai recently and took a demo of Thiels at Audio People. Superb speakers. So now torn between Thiel and Legacy.
The PSB Platinum series is good too.
Problems, problems!

Any views that would help decide the speakers would help. More or less zooming in on the Thiel and Legacy but of course can wait for more confirmation.
Appreciate any help.
Tx

Speakers are a pretty personal choice-audition extensively with your fav Cds, spend as much time as is reqd to help you come to a clear decision & go with your ears & heart!

IMHO Thiel is far better than Legacy, but which models are you comparing. Do they have the CS3.7 on demo? Did you hear it? How is it? Did they use MF equipment?

Hi,

On the Thiel, I had a demo of the 2.4....the 3.7 was out of stock and new shipment was awaited. 3.7 is a full 3 way while the 2.4 is a two-way. Loved the way it sounded. Heard the 7.2 too....awesome but way out of budget (around 8 lacs!)

To answer another question....I am looking at the Focus and not the Whisper.... think the latter may be a bit too high on the budget for me for now and also, i think, would need a larger room than what I have right now.

Some presentation on Legacy speakers is scheduled for Tuesday 25th. Am going for that. Hopefully should get some more answers there. Think the press is going to be there too...so we should be soon reading about this brand in the next audio mags, perhaps!
ckn

At the risk of increasing your confusion, may I suggest you Focal Electra 1027 BE. IMHO, one of the best speakers I have heard in a long...very long time.

Had always been a ProAc fan; so with all due respect to Studio 140 (and not ignoring D28) I think, the 1027BE are simply awesome.

Just a thought. All the best with the Legacy and Thiel models- they are indeed very good speakers in that catogory.

Cheers.

Dear CKN,
ya there is a soft launch of the legacy speakers on tuesday at lakozy. Music, wine and cheese is on the menu. Should try and make it too.
Unleash me has suggested the focal electra. Lakozy has that too so u could do an A/B if its not too crowded or maybe on another day.
Regards

Hi CKN,

I'm interested to know what you finally bought. I've been tempted to buy the Thiel cs 3.7's. If you did finally pick those up, let me have your feedback.

Cheers,

Hi

I finally bought the Legacy. Superlative. Bot them pre-owned including Legacy amps as well as HT speakers.

Thanks. Its been a great experience ever since I bought them.
I recently upgraded the CDP to an ElectroCompaniet (again bot preowned from Bangalore). And man! what a difference from the Accurus! Mind, the Accurus was no laggard but the EC1 just blows it away. Currently having a blast!
Whats more, even the Wife likes it now:)

ckn,awesome!!can only begin to imagine what ur setup prob sounds like.am hoping one day(will take forever,sheesh!!:rolleyes:) to be able to acquire some serious equipment like urs.and to top it all havin the missus approve,now,..thats a round won!!enjoy the bliss!!cheers

I recently upgraded the CDP to an ElectroCompaniet (again bot preowned from Bangalore). And man! what a difference from the Accurus! Mind, the Accurus was no laggard but the EC1 just blows it away. Currently having a blast!

So its you who got that Electrocompaniet. I saw it at ARN and by the time I thought of putting money on it, the player was gone :lol:. Rather fast indeed. Congrats and happy listening.

Hi ckn,

how much did you pay for the ElectroCompaniet CDP

Info would be useful to me
regards suri

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back