Legal Downloads of high resolution Music

sud98

I found this site to have a good collection of paid, high resolution music.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php

A blurb on the site

HDtracks is a music download store founded by David and Norman Chesky of Chesky Records, the label that has produced some of the finest analog audiophile recordings of the last 25 years. Now, through HDtracks, the brothers aim to bring the same integrity and fidelity to digital music. Compared to other websites, HDtracks offers dramatically higher quality music downloads. HDtracks' vast and growing selection, culled from some of the most interesting independent record labels around the world, is available as 320 kbps MP3, CD quality AIFF and FLAC, and/or ultra high-resolution DVD-Audio quality (96kHz/24 bit) downloads. Not only that, HDtracks downloads include full liner notes and art work in PDF format. HDtracks downloads are also DRM-free, so you can play your music anywhere.

wonder if we could get hires bollywood music with album art, idtags etc., right now i am bloody sitting and ripping them manually...its a pain unlike english albums where the ripping is fairly automated

can u guys make out the difference in 44.1 16bit flac and hires audio?

I am sure everyone can make out this difference if given a proper system to hear them on.

I can make out the difference clearly.
Difference between 24/96 and 24/192 is something that is hard to make out but is there.

can u guys make out the difference in 44.1 16bit flac and hires audio?

I recently sampled hi-res music which is loss less digital audio ripped from master tapes at Bangalore which was played side by side red book CD and it's digital rip.

Audio CD is better than ripped music but hi-res is on a different plane. Even a half deaf person would vouch for it.

Of course, it goes without saying that you need a matching system which is resolving enough.

I am sure everyone can make out this difference if given a proper system to hear them on.

I can make out the difference clearly.
Difference between 24/96 and 24/192 is something that is hard to make out but is there.

I second it. From CD (44) to SACD (96) its very apparent. From 16 to 26 bit, not so apparent. From 96 to 192 also not very apparent.

You can download sample high res files and check it.

I second it. From CD (44) to SACD (96) its very apparent. From 16 to 26 bit, not so apparent. From 96 to 192 also not very apparent.

You can download sample high res files and check it.

...........wip........... (since the LessLoss site has both of the same.)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back