lenco L75

It is available on Lancoheaven

OK, just got the template from lencoheaven mod. Strictly for DIY and not commercial purpose. Very detailed layer-wise template for 18 mm x 5 layers + top layer. Tomorrow let me go and try for a round saw bit.
Joshua

Attachments

• 311.Garrard.3.jpg
    311.Garrard.3.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 93
Ok, those are hole saw bits. Regd the jigsaw, you can try local
carpentry/furniture shops. For my speakers, I got the holes cut on their
big electric jig saws, for about Rs 10 per hole or so. Most of them
are quite good and accurate at cutting the patterns.

For smaller holes, I have found it easier to use flat, spade bits.

http://www.micro-machine-shop.com/speed_wood_bits.jpg

Adjustable hole cutters seem very versatile, but haven't found them locally.

http://www.micro-machine-shop.com/hole_cutter_1.jpg
http://image.made-in-china.com/4f0j...le-Hole-Cutter-With-Flute-for-Woodworking.jpg
http://www.tooled-up.com/Artwork/ProdZoom/ARMAHC40-200.jpg

These adjustable bits are really, really cool. This will be on my shopping list on the next trip to market.

OK, I ended up with a pile of stuff I set out for, and also quite a few bought on impulse:

1. Jig saw: real cheap. Comes with 3 blades. Need to learn to use it.
2. Router: real cheap too. I didn't really went out to buy this though. Need to learn to use it too. It looks like it will be quite a bit more complicated than using jig saw.
3. About 12-13 different router bits - 10 piece boxed set plus 3 loose.
4. Grinder: one rough, one smooth. Cheap too, just couldn't resist it:lol: Will use it mainly to sharpen kitchen knives. As of last night, my kitchen knives have found a new edge:) Bye Bye manual sharpening.
5. Tapping bits of M3, M4, M6 sizes with corresponding drill bits and two different tapping handles. This is for tapping screw holes in amp cab.
6. Two different center punches
7. A new chuck for my cheapo drilling machine as the old one refused to tighten/loosen.
8. Bought (and gifted) a new drilling machine for a neighbour who had lusted long after my cheap drill. It was a joy to see him beaming and smiling real wide.
9. a 10 cm long scale marked in cm and inch. It looked quite pro.
10. Four 120mm clamps to hold things together during glueing of layers.
11. Few other knicks and knacks:):)

These adjustable bits are really, really cool. This will be on my shopping list on the next trip to market.

OK, I ended up with a pile of stuff I set out for, and also quite a few bought on impulse:

2. Router: real cheap too. I didn't really went out to buy this though. Need to learn to use it too. It looks like it will be quite a bit more complicated than using jig saw.
4. Grinder: one rough, one smooth. Cheap too, just couldn't resist it:lol: Will use it mainly to sharpen kitchen knives. As of last night, my kitchen knives have found a new edge:) Bye Bye manual sharpening.
5. Tapping bits of M3, M4, M6 sizes with corresponding drill bits and two different tapping handles. This is for tapping screw holes in amp cab.
7. A new chuck for my cheapo drilling machine as the old one refused to tighten/loosen.
8. Bought (and gifted) a new drilling machine for a neighbour who had lusted long after my cheap drill. It was a joy to see him beaming and smiling real wide.

That is a nice shopping list and well executed. I always buy in bits and pieces and when I start doing something realize what I have missed. I wish that there was a an indian list of essential tools for us DIY - audio guys. The overseas one look good, but are exotic and our shops dont have it here.
Anyhow thanks for this list...

Most of the woodworking tools available here:
Hole cutter : Saws - Power | element14 India

Regards,
Sachin

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back