LG 32PG6000 - 100Hz won't work ... why !?

scarymover

Hi everyone,

First of all sorry for my poor english :p

My display brand and type:

- Brand: LG (life's good ....)
- Model : 32PG6000
- Type : Plasma

Direct link for all specifications:

- LG 32PG6000 Television - 32" 720p Plasma HD TV - LG Electronics UK

My Problem (if it's a problem):

I'm not using the tuner because i've a Digital TV decoder. But how is it possible that this TV won't work on 100Hz ....

If i'm not stupid, the TV is emulating the 100Hz technology hardwarely so if the source is working at 50Hz the rest must be done by the TV itself; by doing the necessary to set the refresh rate to 100Hz.... Tell me if i'm wrong ...

I'm using a classic HDMI cable to do the link between the digital decoder and TV.

With the computer it remains the same ... I'm using a HDMI connection to do the link but the situation stills the same.

If I press on "OK" on the remote controle the TV is showing that i'm using 720p at 50Hz .... and I think, if the TV is really using 100Hz, se must show 720p / 100Hz ....

I've already tried to ask this to LG's support but the answer was simply that the device connected to the TV isn't generating the signal at 100Hz ! a stupid answer !

I hope that my quesiton is clear enough and i hope to get a constuctive answer :)

I believe in you all ....

PS: I know that the 100Hz technology is simply a marketing technology but i've already seen some others television using this and the stability of the image was simply perfect !

rest will not be done by the tv itself.. 100hz means that its capable of taking and playing input of 100hz if the input you give is 50hz i guess it will go for 50hz and thats what it shows.

rest will not be done by the tv itself.. 100hz means that its capable of taking and playing input of 100hz if the input you give is 50hz i guess it will go for 50hz and thats what it shows.

second that.....

And btw LG derived from the merger of Lucky (Korean company in the business of whitegoods) + Goldstar (another Korean company which had tvs in India too in the early late 80s/90s).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back