LG 42LH50 or Panasonic 42G10 or Panasonic 42LZ80?

hey guys,

could you please help me in selecting a tv for my new apartment. viewing distance-7/8 ft; usage 60% tatasky+ and 40% movies thru dvd and br rips thru wdtv. considering panny g10, lg 42lh50 and sony 42v550. heard from a lot of guys that panny g10 is wonderful tv. please help.

piyush.

Hi,

My conditions and usage are almost exactly the same as yours, including the tatasky+ and the wdtv.

I am VERY happy with the Panny G10. Can fully recommend it.

Just remember that a plasma TV needs to be broken in. That is, it will keep becoming better as you use it. After 50 hours you will see major improvement. After about 100-150 hours it really comes into its own.

If you want to break it in faster, use a breakin DVD which displays full screens of different colours in a repeating fashion, and let it run for 2 full days. Then watch. I did this recently for a Panny C10 I just bought, and one could see the PQ and colours improving every day.

Also, after u start using the WDTV as a HD source, it is hard to watch SD. I now download TV serials too and watch them, rather than watch regular SD tv. Well, I guess we will have HD tv transmission in India soon ...

Cheers

Hi,

Just remember that a plasma TV needs to be broken in. That is, it will keep becoming better as you use it. After 50 hours you will see major improvement. After about 100-150 hours it really comes into its own.

If you want to break it in faster, use a breakin DVD which displays full screens of different colours in a repeating fashion, and let it run for 2 full days. Then watch. I did this recently for a Panny C10 I just bought, and one could see the PQ and colours improving every day.

Cheers

Please could you tell me where could i get such breakin DVD?

Thanks.

Ok, I don't know how or why my thread got hijacked,:mad: but basically people are saying it's better to get a plasma (Panasonic 42G10) than a LCD (LG 42LH50) for my usage? Also, if the latest models of Panasonic are inferior, is the g10 also affected by this?

Ok, I don't know how or why my thread got hijacked,:mad: but basically people are saying it's better to get a plasma (Panasonic 42G10) than a LCD (LG 42LH50) for my usage? Also, if the latest models of Panasonic are inferior, is the g10 also affected by this?

IMHO the view that panny models are inferior is not true. Pls compare with samsung & Lg plasmas on picture quality, features, reviews etc, panny emerges out a winner.

Besides PQ & features should be of prime importance while buying any TV rather then anythigg else..... budget being taken care of.

G10 is a neoPDP panel, which si the 12th generation (latest) from panny. Its true that the SD performance of earlier mdoels such as PV8 or PV80 is better they being HD compatible.

If you are going to stick to watching SD, then PV8 will be a great buy in the 37.5k range.

Last edited:
IMHO the view that panny models are inferior is not true. Pls compare with samsung & Lg plasmas on picture quality, features, reviews etc, panny emerges out a winner.

Besides PQ & features should be of prime importance while buying any TV rather then anythigg else..... budget being taken care of.
What I was talking about was people talking on this thread about this year's Panasonic models being inferior to earlier Panasonic models. So my question was, is this true for g10 also, or should I go for this model? btw I was reading that the g10 is pretty terrible for SD stuff (DTH/CAS) - is that true?

What I was talking about was people talking on this thread about this year's Panasonic models being inferior to earlier Panasonic models. So my question was, is this true for g10 also, or should I go for this model? btw I was reading that the g10 is pretty terrible for SD stuff (DTH/CAS) - is that true?

The internet abounds with reviews on how the G10 is unable to deinterlate SD content properly - so 480p and 576p are excellent - however, 480i and 576i are supposed to be terrible.

I am using the TV with 576i from my TS+ and it is pretty good, IMHO.

That said, it could sure be that some of the other TVs out there have better deinterlacers than this one - so if you're buying it basically to watch interlaced SD transmission, maybe you should try it out in stores or at friends places, see some other sets, and then make a choice.
If you would be watching progressive DVD/HD material/games, I would recommend it highly without much doubts.

In your case its only 20%TV, so that is not too much of a problem I would think.

Last edited:
Any suggestions??

thanks in advance

Hi I am Balagopalan here I had in the recent past purchased LG 47 LH50 it is a good LCD TV with 200 HZ and 2 m secs. response time. I could even watch it from a distance of 5 feet with out any problem. Hence in your case 42 inches would be great to watch even at closer distance. I am not aware about Panasonic. THanks and enjoy with new tv

I wish there was some place in Delhi one could compare various models!
Try 'Sight & Sound' in 'M Block' Market, Greater Kailash I
Personally I think that unless you are going to be watching movies on Blu-Ray discs, the Panasonic 'TH-P42X10D' is the best value for your money and is a no brainer. Since, the only source for 1080p programming in the near future is Blu-ray discs or PS3 gaming, buying a 1920x1080 tv is not a major advantage unless you plan to watch movies on Blu-ray or do gaming. IN any case from a normal viewing distance of 8' to 12' you really cannot tell the difference between 720p & 1080p on a 42" tv. But, in case do want to get a 1920x1080 tv, then I suggest that the Panasonic 'TH-P42G10D' is your best bet.

Since, the only source for 1080p programming in the near future is Blu-ray discs or PS3 gaming, buying a 1920x1080 tv is not a major advantage unless you plan to watch movies on Blu-ray or do gaming. IN any case from a normal viewing distance of 8' to 12' you really cannot tell the difference between 720p & 1080p on a 42" tv. But, in case do want to get a 1920x1080 tv, then I suggest that the Panasonic 'TH-P42G10D' is your best bet.
I did mention that a large chunk (about 40%) of my viewing would be hi-def gaming. While it's true that even on the ps3 most games are still 720p, this is not an expense I want to repeat anytime soon, so I would want to go with a 1080p TV.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back