[Personal Experience] Panasonic TH-L50DT60D & SONY BDP-S4100

Hey Buddy..!
I am planning to buy SONY BDV E-3100 , from India..
Since my budget is 24 K , I shortlisted this model...
MY expectations from the system are :
1:5.1 surround sound.
2:internet video streaming.
3:Wifi Feature.
4:Bluetooth Streaming.
5:should cope-up with my Videocon D2H HD STB and Panasocni L39EV6D ( 39" FHD LED).
6: SHould play all type of media , ac3 , .mkv , .flv . .vob , and All version of DVD , and VCD and BD.

Request you to please suggest , if this would be a best choice , or I can look around on other models too.
thank you in advance.

It's really bad going on here. They don't have ET60 / DT60 in stock and not sure if they'll get them ever. I didn't get ST60 and not getting DT60, they said they can get me 42ET5. If they provide ET5, I would rather stay with my XT50 with 3-years warranty and get it's mainboard changed.

I have asked ur city info only for this.. Yesterday my pana guy received one DT.
So wanted to check with u...thought ur from Bangalore.

Last edited:
Hey Buddy..!
I am planning to buy SONY BDV E-3100 , from India..
Since my budget is 24 K , I shortlisted this model...
MY expectations from the system are :
1:5.1 surround sound.
2:internet video streaming.
3:Wifi Feature.
4:Bluetooth Streaming.
5:should cope-up with my Videocon D2H HD STB and Panasocni L39EV6D ( 39" FHD LED).
6: SHould play all type of media , ac3 , .mkv , .flv . .vob , and All version of DVD , and VCD and BD.

Request you to please suggest , if this would be a best choice , or I can look around on other models too.
thank you in advance.

hey... if you post this question "what should i buy" section you will get better response.
just for thought, you are expecting too much form a single device. you might get all those above mentioned features in a single consumer grade device similar to you mention above, but you wont get quality.

as Dirac mentioned couple of post earlier about Yamaha 196, check that out.
You already have HD STB & TV, get an BD-player separately.
Yamaha 196 HTIB wil cost ~ 20-21 & entry level blu ray player another ~4k .
but trust me the quality will be way above consumer grade home theater systems.

Yeah, city of joy they say but to tell you the truth it's the city of no avail :'(

i know, the city really lost its charm in last 20 years and continuing in same direction :(

(Wb is my native)

45KKsw7.jpg

as asked be some member about S-4100 connectivity

I have an update today regarding the sound of DT60.
just for experiment i poped up an audio cd (Together by Jagjit Singh & pankaj Udhas) in the BDP which is connected to DT60 and played few track.
The sound output of DT60 just surprised me. i never expected this clarity of sound from this TV. Track3 & Track9 were exceptionally clear.
also i learn one thing Taka sky sound is very poor, even in the HD channels, its more short of mudded sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
@netant: Very nice review of the BDPlayer and the TV both.
I am surprised to hear that your experience with Tata Sky HD is disappointing in both video and audio department.
Overall, there is some consensus that TS is the best DTH in India and perhaps Airtel comes best (mainly due to the audio which is better).
I myself have Dish TV HD (poor man's DTH) and I find it good enough on my ST60 plasma.

It is quite good to hear that DT60 can match the quality of plasma's (though I do not know which plasma's you have seen so far).

Have fun with your TV and BD player.

just got this player today, yet to setup...

btw have u tried any wifi dongles we use for pc with this??? I'll buy one if it does work, or else will go the wireless bridge route!!!

I am surprised to hear that your experience with Tata Sky HD is disappointing in both video and audio department.
TS transmission is very much fluctuating sometime it surprise me with the PQ sometime disappointing ( like pixelation is HD channels).
Audio never surprised me but some of the transmissions have very bloated/muddy audio.
it wont be ideal to say it is a disappointment. I think its not only TS but something to do with broadcasters as im not at all happy with HD transmission of startHD channels, my personal rating on PQ for them are from "average" to "pathetic".
and overall for TS is "average" to "very good"

rating scale: 0 = pathetic, 1 = poor, 2 = average, 3 = good, 4 = very good, 5 = excellent

@netant, after using the TV for a while, what's your verdict about DT60 ?
almost the same as i have mention earlier.
The home screen (which was advertised a selling point and main feature) is failed to impress me & my family. we don't use the home function at all.
Similarly for the smart remote. i have packed it & kept aside.

streaming YouTube is a amazing experience, it automatically set the video to highest resolution possible which i liked very much.
1080p & 720P videos looks stunning, 480p is decent but below that resolution is not enjoyable.

browsing internet is little tedious in terms of user experience, but the browser can open any website including SSL sites. Other app in viera market is not of my interest. i wish they make a gmail app and some push mail stuffs :)

just got this player today, yet to setup...

btw have u tried any wifi dongles we use for pc with this??? I'll buy one if it does work, or else will go the wireless bridge route!!!

Congratulation Raghav !!
i haven't tried with any Wifi-Dongle, as i think that wont give me price-vs-performance and stability. and will always have higher chances of compatibility issue.
rather i have used wireless repeater (56mbps old one, only G channel) for testing purpose for 2-3 days. and my experience was good and above my expectation. it easily streamed 1080p videos from DLNA.

if you thinking to buy something, personally, i would suggest to go for wireless bridge, you can connect multiple devices and less congestion to your wireless network. if possible get you 300mbps N or better.

For me i have selected to get myself one TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR841N) and dd-wrt it to make pure wireless bridge in some time, as i'm searching even cheapest bridge.

9900 odd reliance digital chennai... Got an hdmi cable, and five blurays with the player...

And for 400 extra got a 50 movies in 5 dvd and 3 bluray movies in 1 bluray dvd... Out of stock everywhere else and sony world quoted 13990 for the same!

Already have d same wireless router 150mbps version with ddwrt installed... Gonna use that only! :)

Last edited:
9900 odd reliance digital chennai... Got an hdmi cable, and five blurays with the player...

And for 400 extra got a 50 movies in 5 dvd and 3 bluray movies in 1 bluray dvd... Out of stock everywhere else and sony world quoted 13990 for the same!

Already have d same wireless router 150mbps version with ddwrt installed... Gonna use that only! :)

wow 5-bluray free :) great offer you got bro.
HDMI was anyways bundled with this player. SONY world .. they are in trance after weeds :D

Last edited:
^ lol yeah, never understood their policy of quoting mrp without discount, when every other store gives anywhere between 5-30% off!

Hi,

I am also planning for Panasonic TH-L50DT60D.

However I want it for Movies and Gaming only.

I would like to know opinion on gaming, for playing game like Call of Duty, BF4, Unreal. More of FPS. Want some comment on Input lag.

Hi ,

I also wanted to have an Opinion on gaming experience.

I have a SONY HTIB , planning to buy a PS4, and an Awesome TV , which is I am sure this TV , but still wanted to have an opinion.

Thanks in advance

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back