LG 42PJ350: How to check hours used?

skoka123

Hi,

I bought the LG 42PJ350R for 37K yesterday in Hyderabad. I want to break it in for 100 hours or so with full screen non static videos. How do I check the number of hours used?

I tried pressing the menu button on both the TV & Remote simultaneously but nothing happens.

Please help.

Thanks,
Srikanth

congrats yaar. is this the same as 42PJ560R mentioned in LG website? and hows the performance

No. It is different. They seemed to have added the this model yesterday to the website. (http://www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=395&pid=10476&subcat=PJ350&parent=Plasma TV)

I am sure most of you would be keen to know the prices.

42PJ350R MRP ~47K on the box. I was told it is 42K. It was offered at 37.5K. Finally I got it for 36.9K.
42PJ650R - It was offered at 39.5K. It would have probably gone down by another Rs. 600.
42PJ560R - It was offered at 42.2K. It would have probably gone down by another 1K.

I couldn't make out much difference in PQ among these TVs. The difference b/w the 42PJ350R and 42PJ650R is that the later has side speakers which in my opinion makes the TV look bigger than a 42" though it kinda looked ugly to me. The 42PJ560R has no frame. It is full glass TV Screen with no plastic frame. I was told that there is no technical difference between the three.

I could get Rs. 1,000 as exchange for my old non working Philips 29" CRT HDTV. The good thing was that I told them about this TV after I paid the bill. I just wanted them to get rid of the TV for me instead I was offered 1K for it as it was not in working condition, else I could have got 3K.

As far as satisfaction is concerned, I am a firm believer that one would get a value for money if one chooses to go with one model lesser than the latest. For 37K for a 42" 720P plasma I am more than happy. Seriously, I could not find much difference in PQ in 720P and 1080P in a 42" set. Most of these comparisons are good only at the store and on the forums. Once you get it installed in your home, there is really nothing to compare against and if you made a judicious decision you will be happy with your choice. Same with me with this set.

I had my HTPC connected to the component inputs on my 29" Philips (I am using an AMD Maui based HTPC motherboard) and I could see all the news scrollers with a lot of motion blur. All that is gone with this TV in both Component and HDMI. I saw Avatar BDRip at 720P yesterday for a little while through HDMI output and I should say that the TV has lived up to my expectations. I am currently running at 50% contrast and 50% brightness in ISM mode "Orbiter". Once I complete the 100 hours, I will adjust the contrast using the Avia calibration disc.

Now, if only someone can tell me how to know the hours used that would be of great help.

Thanks,
Srikanth

Congrats on your new 42PJ350 plasma Skoka! LG plasmas are generally good all rounders. I have 42PQ70 plasma purchased last July and installed at my parents' place. Both SD and HD performance are very good. I am sure this year's models would be improved.

Do let us know your views regarding the colour reproduction, black levels etc.

---Venkat

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back