LG 48 inch CX OLED availability in India

Strider

I thought I might create a separate thread for this since this is a fairly unique product.

I have been seriously considering the 48 inch CX as a gaming monitor for my desk, but so far it seems this model isn't releasing in India.

It is not listed on the LG India website and dealers don't seem to know of it. Only the 55 inch CX and above are listed.

Has anyone heard any news of this model in India?

I too was excited to this model but later found out its not going to release in India.

I thought I might create a separate thread for this since this is a fairly unique product.

I have been seriously considering the 48 inch CX as a gaming monitor for my desk, but so far it seems this model isn't releasing in India.

It is not listed on the LG India website and dealers don't seem to know of it. Only the 55 inch CX and above are listed.

The 48 inches CX is been Cut from the same glass as the 77 inch oled.thats why the availability is so low.vincent has mentioned this in the video below

As per media reports, "LG is releasing the OLED 48CX in select European and Asian markets, and it will be available to North America soon." I am afraid they will release this model in India any time soon.

Such a shame. Was waiting for this.

Since when have any companies launched such products in India in sync with the world?

Pipe dreams.

BTW folks, I have bought the LG 55 CX as a gaming and WFH monitor. I was also interested in 48" but with no availability in sight took the plunge. 55" is not too big of a difference anyways

Last edited:
BTW folks, I have bought the LG 55 CX as a gaming and WFH monitor. I was also interested in 48" but with no availability in sight took the plunge. 55" is not too big of a difference anyways
Wow, great!

Post a picture of your desk if you can.

Below. Left is my gaming desktop. Right is my office laptop which is for WFH. The monitor on the right most is one of the 24" monitors in a previous eyefinity setup. The wall mount is really helpful to push it as close to the wall as possible and also provides a downward tilt which is useful for office work when sitting close

IMG_20201201_175236.jpg

IMG_20201201_175330.jpgIMG_20201201_175427.jpg

Below. Left is my gaming desktop. Right is my office laptop which is for WFH. The monitor on the right most is one of the 24" monitors in a previous eyefinity setup. The wall mount is really helpful to push it as close to the wall as possible and also provides a downward tilt which is useful for office work when sitting close

View attachment 52528

View attachment 52529View attachment 52530

Is it comfortable to use a 55 inch monitor?

Is it comfortable to use a 55 inch monitor?
Time will tell. It's just a day with this setup.

Initial impressions: Decently comfortable. I am able to cover ~70% of the height without tilting the head. At 4.5 feet away from my eyes I am able to cover 90% of width as well without moving my neck.

This topic has been debated on length in multiple forums by experts. Burn-in is an issue but there are very simple steps you can follow on both the PC and TV which can mitigate this. Unless you are really abusing and following no safety measures I don't think this is an issue

Last edited:
This topic has been debated on length in multiple forums by experts. Burn-in is an issue but there are very simple steps you can follow on both the PC and TV which can mitigate this. Unless you are really abusing and following no safety measures I don't think this is an issue
I am aware of methods to prevent that. I don't question the technology. I only doubt the usage of OLED as a PC screen. I would personally go for QLED instead if my primary goal PC usage. The difference is noticeable and yes OLED looks better but its not like day and night by any stretch.

I only doubt the usage of OLED as a PC screen.

Honest answer to this is, if it is PC ready, LG would have already made smaller screens for pc use. Whatever be the premium, people will lap up and get those. 27" LG ultrafine 4k monitor is 40k. A 32" OLED at even 60-80k will have the market internationally. Even the 48" OLED is in high demand for pc use. With all this if LG is not making smaller pc monitors, it should be attributed to their lack of confidence only.

On the flip side, CRTs were phospor based self emissive displays with very few if any IR complaints. The gazillion amoled mobile phones with lot of static components from OS (keyboard, control panel etc) and various apps still produce very less if any IR to talk off. So it is not unthinkable to have self emissive displays for pc use. Maybe in near future.

Honest answer to this is, if it is PC ready, LG would have already made smaller screens for pc use. Whatever be the premium, people will lap up and get those. 27" LG ultrafine 4k monitor is 40k. A 32" OLED at even 60-80k will have the market internationally. Even the 48" OLED is in high demand for pc use. With all this if LG is not making smaller pc monitors, it should be attributed to their lack of confidence only.

On the flip side, CRTs were phospor based self emissive displays with very few if any IR complaints. The gazillion amoled mobile phones with lot of static components from OS (keyboard, control panel etc) and various apps still produce very less if any IR to talk off. So it is not unthinkable to have self emissive displays for pc use. Maybe in near future.

LG has just begun. 48" is exactly that smaller screen from a TV perspective but comes under LFGD. for a monitor. They need to still appeal to TV users hence smaller ones like 42 inch or lower doesn't work atleast till they get a sizable gamers and PC users shifting towards their TVs. LG still supplies panels to a large number of monitor makers so they know the market. I imagine the opposite might happen where PC monitor manufacturers shift towards OLED/QLED and provide superior quality at the same or better price

LG has just begun. 48" is exactly that smaller screen from a TV perspective but comes under LFGD. for a monitor. They need to still appeal to TV users hence smaller ones like 42 inch or lower doesn't work atleast till they get a sizable gamers and PC users shifting towards their TVs. LG still supplies panels to a large number of monitor makers so they know the market. I imagine the opposite might happen where PC monitor manufacturers shift towards OLED/QLED and provide superior quality at the same or better pril

LG has just begun. 48" is exactly that smaller screen from a TV perspective but comes under LFGD. for a monitor. They need to still appeal to TV users hence smaller ones like 42 inch or lower doesn't work atleast till they get a sizable gamers and PC users shifting towards their TVs. LG still supplies panels to a large number of monitor makers so they know the market. I imagine the opposite might happen where PC monitor manufacturers shift towards OLED/QLED and provide superior quality at the same or better price
LG is not marketing this as a PC screen. The high native refresh rate and g-sync(hardware based) indicates that they are targeting new age consoles and PC gamers. Both the applications anyway refresh the pixel plenty so the risk is narrowed down tremendously. Further the tech which senses the on screen static content such as HUD or channel logo and dims that down and not the entire screen is marketted like gold ingots for sale.

LG 55 CX as a gaming and WFH monitor
Initial impressions: Decently comfortable. I am able to cover ~70% of the height without tilting the head. At 4.5 feet away from my eyes I am able to cover 90% of width as well without moving my neck.
Appreciate the detailed insights.
I was about to ask about your viewing distance, field of view and visual acuity.
Are you using 4K resolution at 100% or Scaling Windows to 150%?

Any additional computing / user experience/ productivity thoughts?

I am considering getting a 4K TV for Productivity - 40 to 50 to 55" - not sure of OLED, but hopefully IPS maybe VA with Croma 4:4:4 at 60Hz atleast.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back