LG 48 inch CX OLED availability in India

Appreciate the detailed insights.
I was about to ask about your viewing distance, field of view and visual acuity.
Are you using 4K resolution at 100% or Scaling Windows to 150%?

Any additional computing / user experience/ productivity thoughts?

I am considering getting a 4K TV for Productivity - 40 to 50 to 55" - not sure of OLED, but hopefully IPS maybe VA with Croma 4:4:4 at 60Hz atleast.

4K @ 125% at 4.5 feet from screen. Wall mount is best for PC usage as I am able to tilt it downwards for better viewing angle towards the top which is the farthest from eyes. If your space allows it may be better to align your eye to 70% of the height of the monitor. This will allow a more comfortable viewing experience. In my setup my eyes are at 50% of the height and looking at top of the screen continuously is difficult

4K @ 125% at 4.5 feet from screen.
Based on a few online calculators fo 4K it was 31-32 for 40" and 38-39" for 50/55" as a starting point (maybe minimum distance).
Wall mount is best for PC usage as I am able to tilt it downwards for better viewing angle towards the top which is the farthest from eyes.

If your space allows it may be better to align your eye to 70% of the height of the monitor. This will allow a more comfortable viewing experience.

In my setup my eyes are at 50% of the height and looking at top of the screen continuously is difficult
I thought as much that a reclined position with a tilted down might work better.

I know you chose this OLED, and While I am currently saving the big spend for
a High end Monitor (maybe Thunderbolt/ USB-C) from the US next year..

For now, I am thinking a budget 40-43 / 50-55" TV for now.

Can you share any thoughts/ insights.. on the following?

What parameters / factors should be key to check on TVs for use as Monitors?

.Of what I read so far, Croma 4:4:4 @60Hz is key
I read the Nits being higher also helps with daylight
Also, Anti-Glare / less reflective glossy is a factor
IPS for viewing angles

How about the following that I havent checked?
Contrast Ratio?
Read that HDR10 / HDR+ etc for better color range?

Any other factors?

Based on a few online calculators fo 4K it was 31-32 for 40" and 38-39" for 50/55" as a starting point (maybe minimum distance).

I thought as much that a reclined position with a tilted down might work better.

I know you chose this OLED, and While I am currently saving the big spend for
a High end Monitor (maybe Thunderbolt/ USB-C) from the US next year..

For now, I am thinking a budget 40-43 / 50-55" TV for now.

Can you share any thoughts/ insights.. on the following?

What parameters / factors should be key to check on TVs for use as Monitors?

.Of what I read so far, Croma 4:4:4 @60Hz is key
I read the Nits being higher also helps with daylight
Also, Anti-Glare / less reflective glossy is a factor
IPS for viewing angles

How about the following that I havent checked?
Contrast Ratio?
Read that HDR10 / HDR+ etc for better color range?

Any other factors?
Response time maybe.

Other than RTings.com which sites do you guys use to pull such specs for specific models?
Response time is a generic measurement across a particular model but input lags can vary according to each set. (Like screen uniformity, each monitor has a variation in same model and manufacturing). So you will get the specs for RT but not IL.

32" LG OLED monitor coming this year. Indian availability is anybody's guess at this point.

32" LG OLED monitor coming this year. Indian availability is anybody's guess at this point.
This will likely cost more than their 77" OLED.

Guys have you heard anything new on this model?

I saw a 48 inch CX OLED listing on Amazon India, marked as unavailable. I don't know if it means anything. Maybe it was created by mistake, or a sign that it will be released this year?

LG India website shows as coming soon with a 2l mrp (55 inch mrp is 2.5l for reference)
Guys have you heard anything new on this model?

I saw a 48 inch CX OLED listing on Amazon India, marked as unavailable. I don't know if it means anything. Maybe it was created by mistake, or a sign that it will be released this year?

Brilliant! So it's definitely coming then, but will take a while.
I spoke with Croma Chennai Annanagar salesperson today. He said it is 2 lakhs MRP which would retail at 1.7 lakhs. In Chennai it will be out for consumer sale by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

I spoke with Croma Chennai Annanagar salesperson today. He said it is 2 lakhs MRP which would retail at 1.7 lakhs. In Chennai it will be out for consumer sale by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
I'm hoping it will eventually at least match or be lower than the 55 inch real world price. 1 lakh would be ideal.

With LG announcing a 42 inch, I think I may end up holding out for another year or so. Hopefully the 42 inch will release in 2022.

Till you try. Once experienced you cannot go back
Whenever I play fps on my CX 55 I feel a headache, this at considerable distance. Playing with a gamepad like a couch potato is a different experience. Maybe tolerance varies from person to person and some genres are more suitable than others.

yes, I guess comfort varies from person to person. I sit at ~4 feet from the 55CX with keyboard/mouse for gaming and experience is surreal. 48 will not make a lot of difference but 40 inch would make a lot of difference from a smaller screen requirement

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back