LG B7 OLED 55inch for 1.5L, is that a good price?

Image retention is common with said models,almost every legit review of C7 mentioned it from the beginning. It's just that people can't resist it's chic design being an OLED and steal deals on offer,others opted for Sony x93.

Not only the design, even the picture quality will blow away the x93 in comparison.

First time the email Logo of Tata Sky, and now the Z of Zee channel plus two more spots.

Something fundamentally wrong with LG OLED panels. visible only in single color dark backgrounds but very apparent.

honestly, tata sky & indian tv channels would have their pants sued off if they operated like this in EU. such bright, large, unnecessary logos :mad:

star world/sports & like occupy half of the screen with their damned logos & movie titles. i dont understand in this age of digital cable/dth where stb gives all info of movie name etc why they feel the need for the title to be permanently there during the show/movie. ridiculous.

sorry for OT

The LG guy visited, took some 2 hours tweaking and finally took some pictures himself. He changed many settings wishing the spots would go away but they did not bulge ! Dunno how are the settings now. I will take some pics and post here. Will check current settings too.

Its funny about affinity of burn spots. It was "Email" icon earlier, now its "Z" of Zee channel, may MTV next or who knows FTV !!!!
You got the B6 or E6 oled?

Cheers.

They are in the process of doing it. Last time they promised to replace entire unit but had none so replaced the screen after two months wait. It’s been 10 days. Will it be screen replacement or the unit is not clear as for now. Even availablity of screen could be an issue too. Within this week I may know what’s happening next. The problem has been identified and accepted as screen burn spots.
wow, so they are taking screen burn in as warranty claim? thats nice.

I have a B7 and it is working fine for last 3 mths or so.. extremely happy as I use it only to watch Netflix. I would recommend it highly.

1. this tv has problems keeping in direct sunlight . The pixels loose response and become dull or red after some days. Do not keep oled in sunlight. otherwise oled is the best.
2. another problem is unnatural movement compared to same price sony. it is jerky or super smooth, the options to adjust is there, still unnatural ..but colourwise lg is better.
3. screen is glossy.
4. bands in grey

But at the price best picture quality (still image) quality is the goal? Lg oled.
Best movie (motion) experience ? sony

Last edited:
Just for first two years and after that you can witness it die slow death or spend your own money for replacement. So much for OLED pleasures !
Did you purchase additional warranty.. I also have B6 and it is 1 year and 3 months old and I m seeing some image retention.. I tried everything, but it does not go.. even the LG service guy came and tried things with service remote.. but still the image retention did not go... I checked my warranty card and see it mention 1 year warranty.. so did you purchase additional warranty??

Did you purchase additional warranty.. I also have B6 and it is 1 year and 3 months old and I m seeing some image retention.. I tried everything, but it does not go.. even the LG service guy came and tried things with service remote.. but still the image retention did not go... I checked my warranty card and see it mention 1 year warranty.. so did you purchase additional warranty??
could you tell us what's the image retention? which logo etc?

Cheers.

could you tell us what's the image retention? which logo etc?

Cheers.
I see part of sony logo on the top right, then bottom left I see part of tata sky logo and then top left a box with text recommeded, which is from the youtube app. The things are visible on red bg

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-07-09-19-13-22.png
    Capture+_2018-07-09-19-13-22.png
    334.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture+_2018-07-09-19-12-13.png
    Capture+_2018-07-09-19-12-13.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 26
That’s unfortunate. I got 1 year comprehensive and 1 year screen warranty. So a total of 2 years. Additional warranty was expensive at Rs 50k for 3 additional years if IIRC.

Do keep a check on the spots, they must not increase in size and darken. Their OLED screen seems to be done in haste without extended field trials. So much for making quick money.

Mine has failed twice in just 14 months of usage. They changed the screen just after first 3 months of useage and I am waging a war with them already now, after second failure in 14 months.

Their service guys are helpless and can never rectify the defect. It’s a product of immature research.

If you need any help in waging your war with them, PM me. Even after expiry of the warranty, you can start giving them sleepless nights for their substandard product with a very short mileage.

But did the warranty card say 1 year comprehensive and 1 year screen warranty.. I mean do you have this in writing. My warranty card says only 1 year warranty..

Yes, I do have second year warranty card. Your dealer must have sold it separately and made money out of it.
Can you send a photo of the second year warranty card.. is this 2nd year warranty mentioned somewhere on official LG website??

I see part of sony logo on the top right, then bottom left I see part of tata sky logo and then top left a box with text recommeded, which is from the youtube app. The things are visible on red bg

Thats terrible, just a thought, do you guys leave you tv on standby or switch it off the main plug immediately after watching tv?

Cheers.

OLED is the best screen currently available in the market and it is very sad to know that it has the screen burn issue like Plasma. I am still using a relatively old Samsung plasma TV which is nothing less than outstanding after i calibrated it to match my room. But I don't use it to watch either TV or any content that couldn't not be zoomed to full screen. It's a pain but the benefit outweighs the inconvenience by a big margin for me. I thought OLED screen would address this issue but it doesn't lool like so. Frustrating....

At night I switch it off.. sometimes during day it is in standby

I asked cause, every 4 hrs(cumulative) the tv goes to compensation cycles, this clears the panel from image retention extra.

So its necessary to leave this tv on standby. Wonder if yogibear left his?

Cheers.

I asked cause, every 4 hrs(cumulative) the tv goes to compensation cycles, this clears the panel from image retention extra.

So its necessary to leave this tv on standby. Wonder if yogibear left his?

Cheers.

During day time it was on standby...

For b7 it is MANDATORY to Leave the TV on after usage. Because for about 30 minutes right after it is turned of the pixel refresher will be running. Burn is expected if this is not done. But even with that, it's obvious that the screen changes it's colour after some days of use. My both screens turned yellow after some months.

Worst thing: my screen has cinema scope regions blacker than rest due to non use. I use it only for Netflix and blu ray because I was afraid of logos getting stuck

Hifitoaster- The cinemascope black level mismatch issue that you mentioned falls into the same image-retention category. That is why I don't watch any movie in 16:9 ratio on my Plasma TV. I alaways zoom all 16:9 movies to cover the entire screen and I didn"t have any issue so far. It looks like OLED screen needs to be treated in the same or similar way and the pain continues....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back