LG B7 OLED 55inch for 1.5L, is that a good price?

For b7 it is MANDATORY to Leave the TV on after usage. Because for about 30 minutes right after it is turned of the pixel refresher will be running. Burn is expected if this is not done. But even with that, it's obvious that the screen changes it's colour after some days of use. My both screens turned yellow after some months.

Worst thing: my screen has cinema scope regions blacker than rest due to non use. I use it only for Netflix and blu ray because I was afraid of logos getting stuck
u contacted LG regarding this? if yes what did they say? yes the blacker cinema scope regions showing also means you got image retention.

You watch only netflix on the B7? this thread is becoming an eye opener for both potential oled owners & current owners.

Cheers.

Does the Sony's A1 series suffering from the same burn in issues. ? Atleast not that I'm aware of. I think it's something gotta do with their implementation of ABL(auto brightness limiter).

Initially i was on the frontline on picking up oled. But now I'm not. These issues are buyers wost nightmare. Personally, I'll better off with a FALD LCD, until they ironed out these issues.

Does the Sony's A1 series suffering from the same burn in issues. ? Atleast not that I'm aware of. I think it's something gotta do with their implementation of ABL(auto brightness limiter).

Initially i was on the frontline on picking up oled. But now I'm not. These issues are buyers wost nightmare. Personally, I'll better off with a FALD LCD, until they ironed out these issues.
Sony's A1 uses LG panel so yes its the same when it comes to burn in.

Cheers.

u contacted LG regarding this? if yes what did they say? yes the blacker cinema scope regions showing also means you got image retention.

You watch only netflix on the B7? this thread is becoming an eye opener for both potential oled owners & current owners.

Cheers.

Yes, I was aware of the burn in before I got. So I only watched quality stuff on it to enjoy the colours. After 2-3months, the cinema scope regions were darker. its the opposite of retention in a way! The pixels in the cinemascope regions didnt get brighter over time, because they were off most of the time. Again it means another thing, if you manage to play the reverse colours on retention area for some time, they might get it back. They replaced the panel. I will see if I have the pics I took back then.

Yes, I was aware of the burn in before I got. So I only watched quality stuff on it to enjoy the colours. After 2-3months, the cinema scope regions were darker. its the opposite of retention in a way! The pixels in the cinemascope regions didnt get brighter over time, because they were off most of the time. Again it means another thing, if you manage to play the reverse colours on retention area for some time, they might get it back. They replaced the panel. I will see if I have the pics I took back then.
so u only watched movies with black bars on the B7? you always turn your tv from the mains switch or leave it on standby?

Cheers.

so u only watched movies with black bars on the B7? you always turn your tv from the mains switch or leave it on standby?

Cheers.
In the beginning months of usage I was only watching series on end with black bars. That's how it happened. My TV stays stand by all the time. Rarely unplugged or powered off. Anyway, that screen was replaced. now the new one started getting yellow. I think I am getting used to it. Like everybody I like my equipment, that doesn't mean I must be soft about speaking the truth about it. It may warn, who is looking forward to get the same. I won't be selling it for the next 5 years, so I am not worrried about writing the truth out which may affect it sales or resale value.

In the beginning months of usage I was only watching series on end with black bars. That's how it happened. My TV stays stand by all the time. Rarely unplugged or powered off. Anyway, that screen was replaced. now the new one started getting yellow. I think I am getting used to it. Like everybody I like my equipment, that doesn't mean I must be soft about speaking the truth about it. It may warn, who is looking forward to get the same. I won't be selling it for the next 5 years, so I am not worrried about writing the truth out which may affect it sales or resale value.

what you mean by screen turning yellow? also what is the picture setting on ur tv? what have you set the OLED light on?

Cheers.

what you mean by screen turning yellow? also what is the picture setting on ur tv? what have you set the OLED light on?

Cheers.
I took the reference settings from rings.com. on to two presets. But, made minor tweaks based on our own room lighting. My room is warm white lighted. One of the preset has OLED light set to 17 and the other for 40. Both are identical -one for day and the other for night. Whatever you do the pure white screen is slightly yellow. Some parts of the screen can show real white, while some other part is yellowish. It's not colour temp or any othersettings.. It wasn't like that when I bought it. Over time it slowly lost ability to display white as whites, instead it turned yellowish.you can google this, its due to early dying of blue pixels. Its a known issue.It's kept in a place where some afternoon sunlight falls on the screen. I suspect that's the reason. I cannot alter my house or my living room orientation for the sake of electronics unfortunately.

Another thing is I don't think anyone would wildly buy an OLED being expensive. I did my research well and got this. Most people who are OLED owners will be videophiles. It's very unlikely it would be settings if someone comes up with a complaint. I am sorry, I am not being rude.. It's just a thought. The only issue is what happens after the warranty.

OLEDs like plasmas loose their brightness over time also - told by a tech guy who work in LG service. But, it will be good for the first 5 years which is what we all will be needing.

Last edited:
I took the reference settings from rings.com. on to two presets. But, made minor tweaks based on our own room lighting. My room is warm white lighted. One of the preset has OLED light set to 17 and the other for 40. Both are identical -one for day and the other for night. Whatever you do the pure white screen is slightly yellow. Some parts of the screen can show real white, while some other part is yellowish. It's not colour temp or any othersettings.. It wasn't like that when I bought it. Over time it slowly lost ability to display white as whites, instead it turned yellowish.you can google this, its due to early dying of blue pixels. Its a known issue.It's kept in a place where some afternoon sunlight falls on the screen. I suspect that's the reason. I cannot alter my house or my living room orientation for the sake of electronics unfortunately.

Another thing is I don't think anyone would wildly buy an OLED being expensive. I did my research well and got this. Most people who are OLED owners will be videophiles. It's very unlikely it would be settings if someone comes up with a complaint. I am sorry, I am not being rude.. It's just a thought. The only issue is what happens after the warranty.

OLEDs like plasmas loose their brightness over time also - told by a tech guy who work in LG service. But, it will be good for the first 5 years which is what we all will be needing.

hey you are not rude at all, was just curious about your settings. I have by 55B6 for more then a year now. I watch netflix, d2h & game on it(xbox) every single day & got zero burn in. So i guess i m lucky or just giving enough variation to my tv to avoid the burn in? Well, i keep my oled light on 40. Find it enough for my room as its not very bright like a showroom. I will now keep an eye on my tv with the screen test since abit paranoid now :eek: We should open a separate thread for this so owners can all chime in their experience with their oled panels.

Cheeers.

hey you are not rude at all, was just curious about your settings. I have by 55B6 for more then a year now. I watch netflix, d2h & game on it(xbox) every single day & got zero burn in. So i guess i m lucky or just giving enough variation to my tv to avoid the burn in? Well, i keep my oled light on 40. Find it enough for my room as its not very bright like a showroom. I will now keep an eye on my tv with the screen test since abit paranoid now :eek: We should open a separate thread for this so owners can all chime in their experience with their oled panels.

Cheeers.
Unless you go to a a perfect white screen, some imperfections are part of every panel. I am 100% convinced about it. I went to a showroom and played perfect white video from youtube and the display piece also did not have uniform white. The lg technician said my expectation is too high and he had never seen a display which was perfectly uniform. Seems its true. It's not retention, but uneven aging of pixels. So some part of it would have different coloration. If it was uniform, it could have been saved by some reverse colour temp adjustment. Play perfect grey, and white and decrease the OLED light and try increasing. At some point you MAY notice some parts of the screen whiter and darker.

Don't do it, if it would eat your peace of mind. I am sure, every other panel will have some imperfection. Mine was a panel lottery in the beginning. But slowly it changed.

Bottom line is we cannot wait forever for a tech to get better, who knows how long do we have good eyesight. ;) there will always be something better coming.

Folks,
It seems that OLED screen behavior matches Plasma very closely. In Plasma universe it was very common to have a set of folks who would watch all sorts of programmes including TV shows with logo, 16:9 movies, etc w/o any screen burn issue and there would be folks who would complain of screen burn issues even after being relatively careful. The unpredictability which was the biggest inconvenience/risk factor for Plasma screens seems to be very much alive in the OLED universe. Unfortunate....

Unless you go to a a perfect white screen, some imperfections are part of every panel. I am 100% convinced about it. I went to a showroom and played perfect white video from youtube and the display piece also did not have uniform white. The lg technician said my expectation is too high and he had never seen a display which was perfectly uniform. Seems its true. It's not retention, but uneven aging of pixels. So some part of it would have different coloration. If it was uniform, it could have been saved by some reverse colour temp adjustment. Play perfect grey, and white and decrease the OLED light and try increasing. At some point you MAY notice some parts of the screen whiter and darker.

Don't do it, if it would eat your peace of mind. I am sure, every other panel will have some imperfection. Mine was a panel lottery in the beginning. But slowly it changed.
Folks,
It seems that OLED screen behavior matches Plasma very closely. In Plasma universe it was very common to have a set of folks who would watch all sorts of programmes including TV shows with logo, 16:9 movies, etc w/o any screen burn issue and there would be folks who would complain of screen burn issues even after being relatively careful. The unpredictability which was the biggest inconvenience/risk factor for Plasma screens seems to be very much alive in the OLED universe. Unfortunate....
oled is the new plasma, but a lot better with the same limitations.

Cheeers.

to those who have faced burn-in were you sticking to one type of media/channel, like only dth or only letterbox movies, or were you'll switching it up like @insane79 ?

i think some channels logos are more dangerous than others. i was verrry careful with my plasma tv which was among the last gens of plasma tvs (hence it was mature tech & which was said to be very burn-in resistant), was so anal with it in the first few months that i bugged other family members about it but despite that & despite mixing my sources/zooming in etc i yet ended up with faint burn-in

to those who have faced burn-in were you sticking to one type of media/channel, like only dth or only letterbox movies, or were you'll switching it up like @insane79 ?

i think some channels logos are more dangerous than others. i was verrry careful with my plasma tv which was among the last gens of plasma tvs (hence it was mature tech & which was said to be very burn-in resistant), was so anal with it in the first few months that i bugged other family members about it but despite that & despite mixing my sources/zooming in etc i yet ended up with faint burn-in

Whatever be it, I am constantly worried about every logo appearing even in youtube channels. Despite the picture quality it is literally killing the fun.

Whatever be it, I am constantly worried about every logo appearing even in youtube channels. Despite the picture quality it is literally killing the fun.

You have an awesome TV with awesome picture clarity. Enjoy the most. Don't worry much about what's going to happen later. You've paid for the journey, not for the destination.

So far I have not noticed any burn in or IR in my B7. It has been 4 mths or so. I really like the PQ and black levels, specially all those 4K videos of Netflix.

So far I have not noticed any burn in or IR in my B7. It has been 4 mths or so. I really like the PQ and black levels, specially all those 4K videos of Netflix.
I never had any 'burn in' as such, but colour is not uniform on the panel, I won't believe it someone says that they have a perfectly uniform panel which can display white like a tube light! its not so noticeble with other colours. I changed my panel the new panel also had issue but relatively minor. Then I went to 2 stores and tested this
. its slightly reddish at some places on 3 other screens I tested. The problem is once you see it you cannot unsee it. Before getting my tv home , I was prepared with all the tests. When I got it, it was quite uniform. but over a period it slowly started getting reddish. It is a common problem I had seen with some older LED monitors. The blue pixels in the RGB unit looses brightness over time, resulting in making the picture in those areas relatively reddish. Its mostly annoying when you see a skies, clouds or anything with uniform colours.

To test this, you can connect a pc, to your tv, move a window with title bar having the applications name around the screen. At some places the title will be white, and some others it will be slightly reddish. LG will replace it if you have this issue,

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back