LG C8 OLED Burn-in & other issues Discussion

Quick question: Is "nits" important for an OLED TV? How much nits is the C8?
It’s important on paper, but believe me HDR and Dolby Vision are literally blinding in some movies. They get that bright in a mildly lit room.

Ok guys bit the bullet and got the 55" C9 today from Girias near the Cauvery theatre, Sadashivnagar. Negotiated and final price came to 1.40 lacs - 7900 cash back using HDFC CC + Debit card partially. So the landed price is around 1.33 lacs with the free wall mounting from LG and I have given up the LG soundbar and exchanged my old bedroom TV of Sony 32" LCD 11 yrs old :)

Checked the box with the manufacturing date as September 10th, 2019 and the installation is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. These guys did not have any display piece so I checked the 65" and purchased the 55". I did the demo of the 55" at the Reliance digital, Mantri mall guys and after negotiation these guys came down only to 1.73 lacs after regular discount and without the LG soundbar.

I hope this is a good deal and could not find any good deal or price for C9 anywhere else in Bangalore. Also these guys said like its 2+1 warranty from LG itself from this year on the 2019 models.

Last edited:
Ok guys bit the bullet and got the 55" C9 today from Girias near the Cauvery theatre, Sadashivnagar. Negotiated and final price came to 1.40 lacs - 7900 cash back using HDFC CC + Debit card partially. So the landed price is around 1.33 lacs with the free wall mounting from LG and I have given up the LG soundbar and exchanged my old bedroom TV of Sony 32" LCD 11 yrs old :)

Checked the box with the manufacturing date as September 10th, 2019 and the installation is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. These guys did not have any display piece so I checked the 65" and purchased the 55". I did the demo of the 55" at the Reliance digital, Mantri mall guys and after negotiation these guys came down only to 1.73 lacs after regular discount and without the LG soundbar.

I hope this is a good deal and could not find any good deal or price for C9 anywhere else in Bangalore. Also these guys said like its 2+1 warranty from LG itself from this year on the 2019 models.
how much exchange discount you get from your old sony tv

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back