LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

Did you try the Jungle Cruise movie on the Hotstar app of FireTV 4k stick?
No I tried out a few minutes of the movies Star Wars-Empire Strikes Back and Shang Chi as somebody had posted that movies were not playing properly on fire stick.

Well I have experienced the issue in firestick of media playback error in hotstar let's see how this gets resolved.

Tried out various combinations and found that for the titles 4k encoded with Dolby vision, this error appears. The content plays OK in 4k HDR or 4k and 1080p. This issue is not appearing in Netflix for 4k and DV. This is most probably why the movies were not playing back for @Donivlapog and @manniraj

Would urge members to tweet to hotstar or raise a complaint as this appears to be an hotstar specific issue. Further though the LG is now playing 4k but it seems that the app does not support 5.1 audio through webOS. Let's see how much time hotstar takes to resolve this issue.

Is there any update on the Hotstar app on CX. Saw my friend's C1 today n the Disney plus content was showing DV n 4K.
No update but it is now playing 4k and DV but unfortunately 5.1 audio is not supported. I had already mentioned this in previous post

Firestick was supporting all movie formats in the past. Now it is not able to map Dolby vision into a readable format through its codecs, that too from the past few days only is a big question mark as what is going on... Lg's local app continues to play it as it has DV inbuilt from the beginning.

Last edited:
Firestick was supporting all movie formats in the past. Now it is not able to map Dolby vision into a readable format through its codecs, that too from the past few days only is a big question mark as what is going on... Lg's local app continues to play it as it has DV inbuilt from the beginning.
But this is only for hotstar. In case of Netflix the Dolby vision content plays fine.
Can u tell me the version. My CX still doesn't support 4K DV
Will update tomorrow.

Yes and hotstar on firestick started doing this only since the past week or so even if DV content was available before. How then would tizen Samsung read DV content?

Checked different formats with hotstar on firestick. DV + movie does not clearly work. But special ops series 1.5 which lists as a DV 4uhd 5.1 plays. Maybe movies have different codecs to play which in DV is not playable by hotstar on firestick.

Can u tell me the version. My CX still doesn't support 4K DV
The hotstar version installed in the CX is 1.0.2 and the TV is running 04.30.10 software. The app plays 4k video on the CX, however it seems that 5.1 audio is not available.

As I am in car detailing business, I am certain that you could use the branded 3 m company micro fibre towel. Use the lcd or led panel spray, (but caution, it should be on a mist, and should not drip) that is available on Amazon INDIA or the one marketed by 3m

I don't think the native hotstar app has Disney IMAX support. The android version shows Shang chi as imax enhanced

Hey guys, just curious which picture mode do u use to view the TV ? My friend got a C1 n he uses the APS mode to watch it. The expert1 n expert 2 settings seem wildly off. I use expert 1 n expert 2 mostly in my CX n they look the best.

Hey guys, just curious which picture mode do u use to view the TV ? My friend got a C1 n he uses the APS mode to watch it. The expert1 n expert 2 settings seem wildly off. I use expert 1 n expert 2 mostly in my CX n they look the best.
This is like beauty. To the beholdr's eyes. I use cinema, home cinema and filmmaker mode.

Forum mates, you gotta watch Breakthrough(Disney hotstar) in expert dark room mode. Great photography and your lg CX will just enhance it multifold times.

I have an LG table mount spare which I may sell if i get the right offer.
We 65 OLED TV future buyers would love to hear the running grey market price for this free bee and stylish table mount, in an effort to bring down our in-hand price, while we opt it against their wall mount, at the time of our purchase ;):D

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back