LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

Do you see that in ott platforms?
will have to check but had a issue of the tv changing to the tatasky input from otto like apple tv , without any input from me the user.
Maybe if the tv detects internet disconnection , it changes to cable . Proper would be a message that their is no internet connection.
Very infrequent though.

Requesting all forum members help. This won’t even take 1 minute of your time. Please click the link and watch for 30-40 seconds and comment very poor by LG. These brands should learn to take every customer serious. If American they replace and if Indian they talk rules for their poorly manufactured product. Not asking likes and comments for viewers as I am no YouTube. Just to teach Lg a lesson. I mean a panel that couldn’t even last for 1000 hours used with all precautions taken

cleaned the screen for the first time in 9 months.
See the attached photo , the corner when I had just started cleaning.

Attachments

• 20220308_162233.jpg
    20220308_162233.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 46
How do you clean the panel. Through a lnt free cloth or vacuuming ?
cleaned for the first time since buying in may last year.
Used the cloth that comes in a spectacle case.
Dry , don't wet it.
Disconnected the tv from power source.
Circular motion while cleaning and shook the cloth a lot of times after wiping the screen a bit , to prevent any dirt on the cloth from scratching the screen.

cleaned for the first time since buying in may last year.
Used the cloth that comes in a spectacle case.
Dry , don't wet it.
Disconnected the tv from power source.
Circular motion while cleaning and shook the cloth a lot of times after wiping the screen a bit , to prevent any dirt on the cloth from scratching the screen.
+1

Additionally, if you are cleaning a display after a while, stay a few feet away, and just swirl and flick a used+washed banyan cloth from a few feet away like you would dust any other delicate surface in the house, like glass.

The microfibre @Maint1234 mentions should be the second step.

Third step, lay screen on flat surface, and spray eye glass solution after everything is unplugged (hazard: never do this step on a vertical screen!)

That should do it.

If you don't mind, never leave screen surfaces undusted for any considerable period of time. Once stuff starts collecting, it becomes a task to remove them safely.

Regards

Hello, got my 55cx yesterday from lg brand shop here in Kolkata.It came in properly factory sealed looking packaging, the screen protector was in place too. After installation checked the setting and its showing usage hour as 2650. Obviously they had sent me some store demo piece, I promptly went to store and made some real arguments with the store manager and SA and they readily agreed that there is some misunderstanding with their warehouse and also agreed to replace the piece with new one within 3 days or refund full amount, I have made all these in written on paper also including the serial number of delivered piece etc.They asked me to use the existing set as of now, they will exchange it with the new one. Now I am wondering if they will send some other old piece with usage hour reset or anything. Is there anything else I need to check to confirm other than service menu to check if it's really new piece. Is there anything LG customer care or the installation guys can check to tell me the previous history of the particular set? Thanks in advance. Really pissed off with the purchase experience.

Hello, got my 55cx yesterday from lg brand shop here in Kolkata.It came in properly factory sealed looking packaging, the screen protector was in place too. After installation checked the setting and its showing usage hour as 2650. Obviously they had sent me some store demo piece, I promptly went to store and made some real arguments with the store manager and SA and they readily agreed that there is some misunderstanding with their warehouse and also agreed to replace the piece with new one within 3 days or refund full amount, I have made all these in written on paper also including the serial number of delivered piece etc.They asked me to use the existing set as of now, they will exchange it with the new one. Now I am wondering if they will send some other old piece with usage hour reset or anything. Is there anything else I need to check to confirm other than service menu to check if it's really new piece. Is there anything LG customer care or the installation guys can check to tell me the previous history of the particular set? Thanks in advance. Really pissed off with the purchase experience.
I have seen many such happenings before. When the inventory is at near finish, you should be suspicious at the onset that you would even get a 0 hours usage piece. 500-1000 is the minimum you must expect. They usually will agree to a post sale discount or they may offer to give 2 years additional extended warranty. But the problem is you won't have a seamless purchase experience. A lot of follow ups and tensions will happen. But one thing is for sure. You might get a refund after a few months of struggle. C1 itself might fade away in a few days. My usage hour and mind you I have bought it 11 months ago is just 950 hours. That's like 2.5 times that time of display. They would have repeated contents like static images over and over again with some extremely colorful content and so your TV's pixels on specific areas might be in almost near burn in levels. I suspect they have run the tv for 8-10 hours a day for months now. Your call. I don't think this tv will last many years. Stores have a tendency of rough usage.

I have seen many such happenings before. When the inventory is at near finish, you should be suspicious at the onset that you would even get a 0 hours usage piece. 500-1000 is the minimum you must expect. They usually will agree to a post sale discount or they may offer to give 2 years additional extended warranty. But the problem is you won't have a seamless purchase experience. A lot of follow ups and tensions will happen. But one thing is for sure. You might get a refund after a few months of struggle. C1 itself might fade away in a few days. My usage hour and mind you I have bought it 11 months ago is just 950 hours. That's like 2.5 times that time of display. They would have repeated contents like static images over and over again with some extremely colorful content and so your TV's pixels on specific areas might be in almost near burn in levels. I suspect they have run the tv for 8-10 hours a day for months now. Your call. I don't think this tv will last many years. Stores have a tendency of rough usage.
Thanks for the heads up buddy. I've made absolutely clear to them I won't take anything less than new piece for exchange of the delivered piece or full refund has to be issued after 4 days. All these i have taken in written on stores letterhead with manager's signature and stamps. At this point I'm almost certain that they will just grab another demo piece and try to pass it to me resetting the timer. Warned them about this probability too. Let's see what happens next. Personally don't think escalating the issue to LG's higher authority via Mail/Social media would be of much help either.

Thanks for the heads up buddy. I've made absolutely clear to them I won't take anything less than new piece for exchange of the delivered piece or full refund has to be issued after 4 days. All these i have taken in written on stores letterhead with manager's signature and stamps. At this point I'm almost certain that they will just grab another demo piece and try to pass it to me resetting the timer. Warned them about this probability too. Let's see what happens next. Personally don't think escalating the issue to LG's higher authority via Mail/Social media would be of much help either.
There is no way they can change usage hours. Also what is the manufacture month you pls note in the TV that's exchanged and replaced by them. If it was close to end of last year then it would be ok. As production stopped and C1 was only manufactured. But if it was of 2020 or first half of 2021, then it may be tampered.

Anyway to make bluetooth the default sound out everytime you switch on the tv ?
I have to select my bluetooth speaker from the settings everytime I switch the tv on.

Joystick on my remote which controls pointer and click is not working. Can someone suggest where I can purchase a genuine/ third party remote with all functions.

+1

Additionally, if you are cleaning a display after a while, stay a few feet away, and just swirl and flick a used+washed banyan cloth from a few feet away like you would dust any other delicate surface in the house, like glass.

The microfibre @Maint1234 mentions should be the second step.

Third step, lay screen on flat surface, and spray eye glass solution after everything is unplugged (hazard: never do this step on a vertical screen!)

That should do it.

If you don't mind, never leave screen surfaces undusted for any considerable period of time. Once stuff starts collecting, it becomes a task to remove them safely.

Regards
Hi

I had some doubts on cleaning screen of my CX. I clean the dust with a cotton cloth but there are some spots on the screen which are not going away.
I tried cleaning them with specs cloth but still unable to get rid of them. Though it does not affect viewing but once I've seen them, I can always see them when the screen is switched off.

Any ideas about what can be done?

Hi

I had some doubts on cleaning screen of my CX. I clean the dust with a cotton cloth but there are some spots on the screen which are not going away.
I tried cleaning them with specs cloth but still unable to get rid of them. Though it does not affect viewing but once I've seen them, I can always see them when the screen is switched off.

Any ideas about what can be done?
Hi,
First try can be dabbing them with a wet cloth and try gently wiping with microfiber after two minutes. the grime should have dissolved by then. If still stubborn, spray specs solution like nova and wait for two minutes and wipe. If using any liquid - be it water or solution - please, please ensure it doesn't run down to the edges of the panel.

Hi,
First try can be dabbing them with a wet cloth and try gently wiping with microfiber after two minutes. the grime should have dissolved by then. If still stubborn, spray specs solution like nova and wait for two minutes and wipe. If using any liquid - be it water or solution - please, please ensure it doesn't run down to the edges of the panel.
Will try this. Thanks

Tip - Watch prime video on hdr mode.
I used to use expert bright mode for all inputs but in hdr mode, the pic quality really jumps.

Purchased a C2 a week ago and I’m confused on the warranty period, is it 1 year or 3 years. The invoice I have has the model number only , no warranty details.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back