LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

My neighbor just bought a c1 65" and a 77" presentation lg screen with touch control . Comes with 2 pens but fingers can be used too.
65 for bedroom and the 77 for his drawing room.
Has a wifi receiver attached to the side. Pretty neat looking screen.
Excellent for watching sports and news with no fear of burn in as it's a led.
Didnt like the c1 interface as compared to the cx which I have. Nor did the screen look any better.

My neighbor just bought a c1 65" and a 77" presentation lg screen with touch control . Comes with 2 pens but fingers can be used too.
65 for bedroom and the 77 for his drawing room.
Has a wifi receiver attached to the side. Pretty neat looking screen.
Excellent for watching sports and news with no fear of burn in as it's a led.
Didnt like the c1 interface as compared to the cx which I have. Nor did the screen look any better.
That's a commercial TV screen right? The lg 77"? How much he got it for? I bet he got GST refund declaring his GST number if bought as a for business purpose.

That's a commercial TV screen right? The lg 77"? How much he got it for? I bet he got GST refund declaring his GST number if bought as a for business purpose.
Will ask him the price but he has claimed gst rebate on both tv's and a suv he bought this month.
The 77" looks very solidly built. Great presence in the drawing room. He was planning a projector initially but was shot down by the ladies of the house. Turning the house into a film theater was the sentiment.
The c1 was for 2.15.

just for information, i bought LG CX 65 last year Deepavali , first year no problem , then suddenly Black screen appeared, no display.
Mine was in 1+2 year LG warranty plus 2 year additional AMC scheme.
Made a complaint with LG and they replaced power board free of cost.it took 10 days.
now i observed when ever i switch on the TV , red light blinks 3 times , then the display appears.
the service guy said it is normal, i read in LG forums also people say it is normal.
friends please update your experience.
i put this information just for information only.

I unplug from the socket when I go to work. Can somebody tell me the correct way to completely shutdown the CX before unplug.
no need to unplug. the power consumption is minimal when switched off by remote.
it's a tv not a PC.

I unplug from the socket when I go to work. Can somebody tell me the correct way to completely shutdown the CX before unplug.
Once you turn off an OLED, please give it 10 mins, if possible 15 mins, before you turn off the main powers.
The TV does a lot of things once it is powered off, especially after an extended viewing session. (This doesn't include software updates you have authorised.)

(My (EDIT: sony - the two companies have different ways of refreshing pixels, but the larger point holds) OLED gets switched on around 11ish, and is on till around 3ish. That's the only time it is watched. When I switch it off, the first thing I hear in the room is the TV noise -- it does its normal pixel refresh. I generally leave it on for at least 15-30 mins. My AVR goes to standby at 30 mins; and I consider it safe to turn off the mains)
So, as a general rule of thumb, leave your OLED on standby at least for 15 mins to be safe.
It's not about power consumption. Get paranoid leaving it connected as rain and thunder is frequent occurrence here.
Better to get a stabiliser and not operate the unit in the hours you know this could happen.
Or even an UPS (please check with other FMs, since I have not used one for TV; but may in the future)
If power goes off while in the middle of a viewing session, please unplug mains, and wait for power to come back to the house and wait for a bit before operating the TV.
What is a good time to unlug/switch off power after switch off by remote?
either until all the clicking noises are done, or 15 minutes, whichever is later.

I, personally, wait for all the clicking noises when I go about my nightly routines, and leave all my equipment on standby.

Last edited:
a new update now - 04.30.55
no description of the changes .
Google has no idea.
Just updated. let's see.

Getting nice deal for brand new cx55 here at Kolkata.. But I'm too paranoid regarding possibility of getting a previously used demo piece from the dealer. How can i confirm if it's one among last few pieces of cx from their warehouse as claimed by the dealer? Usage time can be easily reset by service menu afaik. Somewhere I read there is another option to check the on off history log in service menu also. Can someone kindly point me to some logical direction.? .

Shucks! That is major.
Was that an authorised dealer?
I have seen a few cases on this same thread (especially one Satya Electronics in Pondy?) and have also read all the replies.
Taking this up with the official LG India people is the best route to go.
What the vendor did was obviously devious, but I personally wouldn't pursue the legal route - on an average, consumer cases will take about 4 years for resolution.
If I were you, my steps would be:
1. First of all, a higher model replacement with full free installation. In your case, that would be a 2020 GX, or the 2021 C1 or G1. (Already having seen your set up, ask those cheats to give you a replacement G1 at no cost)
2. Ask for LG to take punitive action against the vendor and show proof to you - of course, this will bring the vendor into the picture and they will try to apologise, grovel, and maska maro you. How you deal with them will be up to you and your judgment.
3. All said, a clear proof of a strong reprimand to the vendor and a G1 as a replacement with full installation and calibration is the proper penance I personally would have demanded with LG.

It is, of course, sad you had to go through this, but a strong deterrent to the vendor without having their dealership cancelled and a satisfactory replacement for you would be the best solution, IMO.

PS: With the number of such experiences I am seeing online, I have a feeling that vendors are just shipping out demo pieces left right and centre and hoping they will get caught in at best one or two out of 10 cases. Very poor ethics and professionalism.
Finally, after several dozen emails, escalations to LG's Head of C-Sat and CEO, and a bit of social media activism, the issue is resolved today, close to 6 months after I raised the issue.
LG has replaced the OLED. I had pushed for a model upgrade (from GX-65 to G1-65), and I have received the same today. Will be receiving the invoice etc in a few days. Thanks to all those who supported us!

Finally, after several dozen emails, escalations to LG's Head of C-Sat and CEO, and a bit of social media activism, the issue is resolved today, close to 6 months after I raised the issue.
LG has replaced the OLED. I had pushed for a model upgrade (from GX-65 to G1-65), and I have received the same today. Will be receiving the invoice etc in a few days. Thanks to all those who supported us!
Glad to hear it worked out, bro.
All the best going forward. Enjoy the TV.

Followed your line of advice to T.
Though it required time, it finally worked out!
Thanks, buddy!
Anytime, bro.
Time! That's what they all think we don't have (which is true, in fact) and hope to get away with such behaviour.
But really happy to see that you followed this to its logical conclusion. And hope the dealer learnt their lesson.

my cx seems to have developed a new characteristic. The screen becomes totally black while changing videos on YouTube sometimes.
Pressing the back button and reselecting the video works fine.
Either tv has slowed down or a internet issue ?
Just a very minor behavioral change nothing major.

my cx seems to have developed a new characteristic. The screen becomes totally black while changing videos on YouTube sometimes.
Pressing the back button and reselecting the video works fine.
Either tv has slowed down or a internet issue ?
Just a very minor behavioral change nothing major.
Do you see that in ott platforms?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back