LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

My LG 65CX also makes the clicking noise when I turn it on. Is this something we need to be worried of? Or is this a common behaviour which is observed by all the owners?
Nothing to be worried about. It's been discussed before.

Does anyone get low speeds on 5 Ghz band? I get 5-6 mbps on 5 Ghz and 30-40 on 2.4 ghz. Connection speed is 100 mbps.

My LG 65CX also makes the clicking noise when I turn it on. Is this something we need to be worried of? Or is this a common behaviour which is observed by all the owners?
My Tv did not make any clicking sound when it turned on, that is when it was working fine. It only makes the clicking sound now and its dead. Also prior to the Tv get busted the UPS would switch to battery mode and kept beeping. I had to turn off everything and start again to make it stop.

Nothing to be worried about. It's been discussed before.

Does anyone get low speeds on 5 Ghz band? I get 5-6 mbps on 5 Ghz and 30-40 on 2.4 ghz. Connection speed is 100 mbps.
Looks like there is some issue coverage wise on 5ghz at your place. I used to get 90mbps checked via Netflix app. I on a mesh setup though.

My Tv did not make any clicking sound when it turned on, that is when it was working fine. It only makes the clicking sound now and its dead. Also prior to the Tv get busted the UPS would switch to battery mode and kept beeping. I had to turn off everything and start again to make it stop.
That UPS model is not suitable for using with TVs. It's designed for laptops/desktop setup. I also faced same issue with that UPS.
UPS power on/off button would blink with red colour and it emits beeping sound. I posted it earlier in this same thread. I called APC and complained. They said it's not suitable for TVs. Now, I directly attached TV to socket. If we cannot afford APC SUA 750I-IN UPS(which is the recommended model for TVs), better go with a Digi 200 stabilizer.

Looks like there is some issue coverage wise on 5ghz at your place. I used to get 90mbps checked via Netflix app. I on a mesh setup though.
There can't be a coverage issue since the router is less than 10 feet from the TV. I guess it could be a hardware defect. I'll raise a complaint.

There can't be a coverage issue since the router is less than 10 feet from the TV. I guess it could be a hardware defect. I'll raise a complaint.
I am assuming you have already checked that only the CX is getting low speeds on 5ghz and other devices are getting the proper speed?

Whats the stabiliser ampere rating required if I plan to run only my CX 65 on stabiliser and nothing else? 3 A would do?
3 amps * 220 volts in watts will be the total load capacity of the stabilizer of 3amps(660 watts). So I think 3 amps should be sufficient for 2 65" TVs theoretically. But for fixing aditionally a soundbar, a PS4 and maybe your cable settop box and maybe a DVD/blue ray player all together then you may need say 4 amps. Just a standalone 65" CX theoritically can be plugged to a 3 amp stabilizer. But ask your electrician please.

What's your UPS model? I have my C9 connected to a BX1100c and it has been running fine for 2 years now.

What's your UPS model? I have my C9 connected to a BX1100c and it has been running fine for 2 years now.
I use the same UPS for Pc and LG 43inch. It was due this experience I thought that a APC BX600C-IN UPS will be enough for LG CX.

Any Indian CX user got 3.21.09 update ?

There is an reduction in the 100 to 150 nits with HDR Game mode (Bug in the firmware)
more details here

Today in UK, They also started rolling a new 3.21.16 firmware update with Game mode fix, DV and earc issues

May be in India we will get straight rollout to 3.21.16

There is a pixel refresher cycle that runs after every 4 hours of tv usage. This happens right after you turn off the tv after accumulating 4 hours of use. Stay for a while and you can hear a click sound around 10 mins after switching off the tv.

Sometimes, you might switch it back on before the pixel refresher completes, it might take a few seconds more than usual and that's when you hear the clicking sound while switching on the tv. Nothing to be worried about.

I have CX 55" model and I'm using vguard voltino max digi stabilizer with it. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08JKCCH7P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share . But from the beginning I'm facing some problem with my stabilizer. The main problem with my stabilizer is that it auto cut for few mili sec whenever a small fluctuation in voltage which in results effect the tv viewing experience because whenever it auto cut for few mili second there is grainy noise effect/ analog distortion (like old crt TV's) in my tv, which I think drawback of this stabilizer. I think this stabilizer has some defect or it is not Fully compatible with my tv model. One more thing I want to ask that whenever there is electricity cut and stabilizer automatically connect to inverter power supply, then tv and stabilizer both auto cut and take 1 or 2 sec to restart. Is it normal?

I have CX 55" model and I'm using vguard voltino max digi stabilizer with it. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08JKCCH7P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share . But from the beginning I'm facing some problem with my stabilizer. The main problem with my stabilizer is that it auto cut for few mili sec whenever a small fluctuation in voltage which in results effect the tv viewing experience because whenever it auto cut for few mili second there is grainy noise effect/ analog distortion (like old crt TV's) in my tv, which I think drawback of this stabilizer. I think this stabilizer has some defect or it is not Fully compatible with my tv model. One more thing I want to ask that whenever there is electricity cut and stabilizer automatically connect to inverter power supply, then tv and stabilizer both auto cut and take 1 or 2 sec to restart. Is it normal?
Sorry for posting it here, as my tv is b9 65, but I'm having the same stabilizer that is voltino model.. In my case also the stabilizer (as well as tv since it is connected to it) gets turned off as soon as whenever there is electricity power cut and turns back on from inverter ( But I think this is normal maybe because of the square wave nature of the circuit and not the sine wave??) ... But in my case the thing here gets weird.. Whenever there is electricity cut and inverter starts, stabilizer starts but shows the HI indication due to which the tv also remains off... This remains for about 5min or so.. Then the stabilizer starts showing the input and output voltage and TV Powers ... and if tv is plugged directly into the wall socket it works like a charm ( I mean it gets turned off while there is power cut but immediately it starts again on inverter)...
Anyone have any ideas regarding this??
Again sorry if my post is in wrong thread/section.
Thanks..

@dsrsid bro, are you facing similar issue with digi 200 as well?
@aftabIN I think the inverter part is as expected.

Technician arrived today with new CX mother board which didn't solve the problem. Panel gone. I think I killed it by using it with APC 600VA UPS.
Waiting for my replacement now. Lets see how many more days does it take.

@dsrsid bro, are you facing similar issue with digi 200 as well?
@aftabIN I think the inverter part is as expected.
Digi 200 uses a 16 amp socket even if it is 6 amps in specs. So fixing it to a 2KVA inverter line, I straight off rejected that idea. As when the power goes off it cannot supply current to the load of 6 amps the stabilizer needs (upto 3.6 amps it is okay for 2kva inverter line but not 6 amps). But I fixed it in normal EB line's 16 amp socket, and in-between have a 1 KVA ups on the way to the TV which takes care of power cuts to properly switch off the TV. But disclaimer: I don't know if it is a right or wrong set up. Only if a problem occurs will I know. So far so good. But too early to tell. Load of electricity has to be calculated before indulging in any electrical power solution be it inverter or stabilizer. I calculated with an electrician and decided so. Coming back to your question 3 amps current (your stabilizer) should be supplied by a 2kva inverter line but I don't know your inverter capacity in KVA. If your inverter capacity is less then the stabilizer will trip. It is not a recommended circuit. Much the same way you try to connect an AC or water heater to an inverter line - it can't handle that current requirement.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back