LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

I bought a LG C9 55 last year. And am now thinking of upgrading the audio. Though I find the sound fairly satisfactory but miss the "boom" for the movies. Can you please recommend home theatre/soundbar setups? My budget is close to 1L for a 5.1/7.1 with Dolby Atmos preferably.
I have listened to Bose (over my budget), JBL & Sony but suggestions would be very helpful.

(My current audio/hifi setup is CA Amp + MS908i speakers but like I said, looking for a decent cinema sorround experience)
You can get a pretty decent DIY setup for 1 lac. Will be way better than any soundbar.

But if you have to have a soundbar, can't go wrong with Q950T.

You can get a pretty decent DIY setup for 1 lac. Will be way better than any soundbar.

But if you have to have a soundbar, can't go wrong with Q950T.
Thanks for the advice. For a DIY Amp+5/7/9.1, can you kindly suggest some options within 1L? My preference for soundbar is more due to less wiring. Difficult in my current room setup to have wires going all around, unless there are wireless options.

Thanks for the advice. For a DIY Amp+5/7/9.1, can you kindly suggest some options within 1L? My preference for soundbar is more due to less wiring. Difficult in my current room setup to have wires going all around, unless there are wireless options.
I'd highly suggest posting on the Home Theatre section to get better options than me. You can start from Yamaha 3072 5.1 HTiB which will cost you 42k for the entire system and will sound way better than most soundbars.

For receivers, a lot of folks are selling their non-atmos 7.2/9.2 Denon/Yamaha receivers for less than half the cost on the classified section. You can easily get an excellent 7.2 receiver for 25k used. Then for 75k you can go easily with the Polk 5.0 system and add a subwoofer to that, or go with their 5.1 setup. The benefit for this approach is that you can add a second subwoofer or rear speakers in a couple of years.

Alternatively, you can do what I'm planning to do. Just spend the 1 lakh on a great receiver with excellent 3.0/3.1 system, and then upgrade it little by little in the next few years. You won't get the urge to upgrade and at the end, you'll get an amazing system. For wiring, you hire a professional with the wire tubing/piping kit and get it done in a day. Or learn how to do it and do it DIY.

If you want to go with soundbars, here is a decent deal: Buy LG SL8YG 3.1.2 Channel 440W Sound bar at Reliance Digital

Q800T goes for as low as 40k at times, LG SL10YG went to 47-50k on sales, JBL bar 9.1 can be had for 70k if you bargain and if you really really want a high-quality soundbar, Samsung Q950T.

I'd highly suggest posting on the Home Theatre section to get better options than me. You can start from Yamaha 3072 5.1 HTiB which will cost you 42k for the entire system and will sound way better than most soundbars.

For receivers, a lot of folks are selling their non-atmos 7.2/9.2 Denon/Yamaha receivers for less than half the cost on the classified section. You can easily get an excellent 7.2 receiver for 25k used. Then for 75k you can go easily with the Polk 5.0 system and add a subwoofer to that, or go with their 5.1 setup. The benefit for this approach is that you can add a second subwoofer or rear speakers in a couple of years.

Alternatively, you can do what I'm planning to do. Just spend the 1 lakh on a great receiver with excellent 3.0/3.1 system, and then upgrade it little by little in the next few years. You won't get the urge to upgrade and at the end, you'll get an amazing system. For wiring, you hire a professional with the wire tubing/piping kit and get it done in a day. Or learn how to do it and do it DIY.

If you want to go with soundbars, here is a decent deal: Buy LG SL8YG 3.1.2 Channel 440W Sound bar at Reliance Digital

Q800T goes for as low as 40k at times, LG SL10YG went to 47-50k on sales, JBL bar 9.1 can be had for 70k if you bargain and if you really really want a high-quality soundbar, Samsung Q950T.
Thanks! for the detailed response. Helps. Will look into these and also check out/post in the Home Theatre section.

Check if LG ' SN11RG' Sound bar launched in India. compatible with your LG C9 .
Read lot of good reviews.
Samsung sound bar Q950T which i am using now is very good.

Just go with Sony IV 300, 5.1 channel (1000 pmpo) with dts support for ₹24000 if you are looking for a budget friendly solution. Although disclaimer: I am not willing to suggest Sony products these days after seeing my 75" 8000h get busted in a month of its purchase. Well, we win some, we lose some. Some rave reviews I am seeing about this non soundbar budget HTIB.

Hi,
Does anyone here does TV calibration for CX 55 ?
I am from Chennai and i have kind of an OCD towards setting the right picture :) And all these calibration equipment cost a bomb.
Is there a way to rent equipment in Chennai?

Hi,
Does anyone here does TV calibration for CX 55 ?
I am from Chennai and i have kind of an OCD towards setting the right picture :) And all these calibration equipment cost a bomb.
Is there a way to rent equipment in Chennai?
Warm Colours are more counterintuitive at the start from people using Vivid colours with blue++.
in SDR I have heard ISF Bright Picture setting is more closer to correct colours and watchable, Film maker mode in SDR is very DIM
In HDR mode Cinema Home with (True Motion set to Cinema Clear) or use Cinema Mode if your room is dark enough
Just my Suggestion :D

I have connected Roku, Fire Stick 4K and Mi Box 3 to LG CX. When I enable HDMI UHD colours, only Fire Stick 4K works but Roku and Mi Box 3 doesn't work. They show no Signal.

In Mi Box 3, when I enabled UHD color settings on CX, I get an option to enable Deep Color settings on Mi Box 3. When I enable deep color settings, CX says no signal. Only way to come out of it is to disable UDH color settings on CX

On Roku I always get so signal when deep color settings is enabled on CX.

Initially I saw screen flickering on Fire Stick 4k but it is not flickering anymore.

What could be the problem?
I am also facing similar problems. My set up includes LG CX 65 and connected to my Onkyo TX NR3030 AVR. I have my Blu-ray player, Tata Sky and Fire-stick 4K connected to Onkyo. Firestick is in HDCP 2.2 input of Onkyo. When I enable UHD Deep Colour in LG CX, Blu ray and Tata sky play fine but Firestick 4K doesn't play. It says "No Signal". Finally I have no option but to disable UHD Deep Colour in LG CX.
I also want to seek advise on how to send audio from LG CX to my Onkyo AVR. Since Firestick 4K does not play Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision on Netflix while the LG CX plays I wish to use my AVR only for sound. I tried connecting eARC of LG and also enabled SIMPLINK & selected sound output to external devise but still there is no sound?
Can somebody help on these issue?

After waiting for a long time, installed LG CX65 yesterday. As per suggestion by many people I attached it to APC Back-UPS 600VA. Suddenly, the UPS power off/on button turned red and blinking. I switched off TV as a precaution. Should I continues to use the UPS? Does any of you have any idea why it's happening?

Hi guys got two cx 65 inches yesterday. Yet to be delivered. What are the checklists for potential damages and panel issues? Also i'd like to see the usage hour, just don't know how.

These are one of Calibrated settings who want real colours
credits to the D-NICE Calibrator
I know every panel is different, but this settings are better than out of the box for any LG CX 55/65
Picture Mode Settings
FILMMAKER MODE
OLED LIGHT: DEPENDING UP ON THE ROOM
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: 0

Advance Controls
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Auto
Gamma: 2.2
Peak Brightness: Off

White Balance]
Color Temperature: Warm2

2 Point
Red High: 0
Green High: 0
Blue High: -12
Red Low: 0
Green Low: 0
Blue Low: 0

22 Point:
IRE 2.5
Adjusting Luminance: 0
Red: 1
Green: 3
Blue: 7

IRE 5
Red: 3
Green: -2
Blue: 4

IRE 7.5
Red: 9
Blue: 9

IRE 10
Red: 10
Green: 7

IRE 15
Green: 8
Blue: 12

IRE 20
Red: 7
Green: 4
Blue: 8

IRE 25

IRE 30
Red: 6
IRE 35
Red: 4
Blue: 5

IRE 40
Green: 2
Blue: 6

IRE 45
Red: 2
Green: -1
Blue: 2

IRE 50

IRE 55
Blue: 3

IRE 60
Red: -1
Blue: -4

IRE 65
Green: 0
Blue: -2

IRE 70

IRE 75
Blue: -1

IRE 80
Green: 1

IRE 85
Red: -7
Green: -4
Blue: -11

IRE 90

IRE 95
Blue: 0

IRE 100
Red: 0
Blue: 1

Color Management
Red
Saturation: 0
Luminance: 0

Green
Luminance: 1

Blue
Luminance: -1

Cyan

Magenta

Yellow
Tint: 1

Picture Options
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Smooth Gradation: Off
Black Level: Auto
Real Cinema: Off
Motion Eye Care: Off
TruMotion: Off

Hi guys got two cx 65 inches yesterday. Yet to be delivered. What are the checklists for potential damages and panel issues? Also i'd like to see the usage hour, just don't know how.
  1. Check the Plastic screen wrapper on the screen with no air bubbles
  2. Run White Screen in Youtube Tv App check for dark pixels, dark lines....
  3. Check Total Power on time it should be zero -Long press settings icon>Support>TV Information

I am also facing similar problems. My set up includes LG CX 65 and connected to my Onkyo TX NR3030 AVR. I have my Blu-ray player, Tata Sky and Fire-stick 4K connected to Onkyo. Firestick is in HDCP 2.2 input of Onkyo. When I enable UHD Deep Colour in LG CX, Blu ray and Tata sky play fine but Firestick 4K doesn't play. It says "No Signal". Finally I have no option but to disable UHD Deep Colour in LG CX.
I also want to seek advise on how to send audio from LG CX to my Onkyo AVR. Since Firestick 4K does not play Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision on Netflix while the LG CX plays I wish to use my AVR only for sound. I tried connecting eARC of LG and also enabled SIMPLINK & selected sound output to external devise but still there is no sound?
Can somebody help on these issue?
Connect HDMI 2 from TV to AVR, Select HDMI ARC in sound settings and Passthrough option, It will work and pass through Dolby Atmos (DD+)

These are one of Calibrated settings who want real colours
credits to the D-NICE Calibrator
I know every panel is different, but this settings are better than out of the box for any LG CX 55/65
Picture Mode Settings
FILMMAKER MODE
OLED LIGHT: DEPENDING UP ON THE ROOM
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50

Advance Controls
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Auto
Gamma: 2.2
Peak Brightness: Off

White Balance]
Color Temperature: Warm2

2 Point
Red High: 0
Green High: 0
Blue High: -12
Red Low: 0
Green Low: 0
Blue Low: 0

22 Point:
IRE 2.5

IRE 5

IRE 7.5
Red: 9

IRE 10
Green: 7

IRE 15
Green: 8
Blue: 12

IRE 20
Blue: 8

IRE 25

IRE 30
Red: 6
IRE 35
Blue: 5

IRE 40
Blue: 6

IRE 45
Red: 2
Green: -1

IRE 50

IRE 55
Blue: 3

IRE 60

IRE 65
Green: 0

IRE 70

IRE 75
Blue: -1

IRE 80

IRE 85
Red: -7
Green: -4
Blue: -11

IRE 90

IRE 95
Blue: 0

IRE 100
Red: 0
Blue: 1

Color Management
Red

Green
Luminance: 1

Blue
Luminance: -1

Cyan

Magenta

Yellow
Tint: 1

Picture Options
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Smooth Gradation: Off
Black Level: Auto
Real Cinema: Off
Motion Eye Care: Off
TruMotion: Off
I used his settings for C7. It does improve skin tones and evens out colours in general.
Made a few minor changes to 2 pt and 20 pt WB by looking at solid colour slides (black to white) to remove any colour bias/tinge. Looked fantastic.

Real Cinema to On for movies.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back