LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

HDD played fine few times directly connected to CX, now does not recognize, asks to format.

plays fine on computer and another media player.

anyone faced this?

That link may not have been updated. Need to check if it plays the format or not.
I think that is latest I could and it is dated 08/22/2020. I heard LG supports more formats than normal TV
you can also try Handbrake to convert formats.
It can also support Dolby Vision files if done correct :D

Can we playback ".webm" file format on LG CX?
Webm is just a container, not really a codec. It's a part of the MKV container format, but just used for web content and can have VP8 or VP9 codec, both of which the CX supports. Nobody lists the support of webm files because they are not used for playback other than web.

Even if it doesn't work, you can easily remux it into MKV with handbrake or staxrip.

Have you cut down on the number of hours of TV watching due to burn-in fear? Sonyliv has a big logo, Sunnxt has logos of channels, all the news channels have big logos plus news ticker, live sports events like cricket, tennis all have big score tickers.

Last edited:
Check the current HDD File format, If it is NTFS format or Fat 32 It will work

Try to reconnect again if it is NTFS, it also happened for me just be patient.

NTFS has native support in CX. Only ExFat is not supported.

Hi, My main consumption on CX is netflix,prime,youtube. I found sound to be okay on CX for my needs but dialogues are not clear. I tried connecting my old Swans M10 desktop speakers on audio out, which did improve dialogues but felt it was missing on the other parts of the sound. Also volume cannot be controlled due to no remote for these Swans. Will a 10k soundbar show significant difference or is it better to stick with the current setup for this budget. Also can the soundbar be placed a feet below the CX as shown in my pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20201217_011202_compress48.jpg
    IMG_20201217_011202_compress48.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi, My main consumption on CX is netflix,prime,youtube. I found sound to be okay on CX for my needs but dialogues are not clear. I tried connecting my old Swans M10 desktop speakers on audio out, which did improve dialogues but felt it was missing on the other parts of the sound. Also volume cannot be controlled due to no remote for these Swans. Will a 10k soundbar show significant difference or is it better to stick with the current setup for this budget. Also can the soundbar be placed a feet below the CX as shown in my pic.

Firstly, use the headphone out. You can control volume using tv remote itself that way. (Keep volume at max in the speaker)

I have observed that all content with 2.0/2.1 sound output sounds good with proper dialog clarity in external speakers.

But content with 5.1 audio does not have dialog clarity since it is down converted to 2.1 and centre channel is affected due to that.

Try selecting 2.1 audio instead of 5.1 from the content if you are watching, that improves. If you are still left wanting, 2.1 sound bars will have the same problem. Get a minimum of 3.1 channel sound bar in that case so that the center channel is preserved.

In short, connect to the headphone out and use volume control and use 2.0 channel sound where available. If still voice clarity is missing, get 3.1 or above soundbar.

I purchased CAT 7 cable to connect the 55CX to the router to have stable connection and utilise available 200Mbps broadband connectivity.

After connecting the cable, I leaned that the LAN port on 55CX is 100Mbps port and not gigabyte port. Hence, the connection was capped at 100Mbps.

Now, I. am connecting via Wifi and new cable was rendered useless.

Firstly, use the headphone out. You can control volume using tv remote itself that way. (Keep volume at max in the speaker)

I have observed that all content with 2.0/2.1 sound output sounds good with proper dialog clarity in external speakers.

But content with 5.1 audio does not have dialog clarity since it is down converted to 2.1 and centre channel is affected due to that.

Try selecting 2.1 audio instead of 5.1 from the content if you are watching, that improves. If you are still left wanting, 2.1 sound bars will have the same problem. Get a minimum of 3.1 channel sound bar in that case so that the center channel is preserved.

In short, connect to the headphone out and use volume control and use 2.0 channel sound where available. If still voice clarity is missing, get 3.1 or above soundbar.
Thanks for the info. As you suggested jacked up volume and tested with Headphone out, noticed improvement but unfortunately all the content i was watching mostly- the tv shows were already 2.0/2.1. Maybe these speakers are meant for near field, they distort with higher volume and dont sound a lot better when compared to inbuilt TV speakers. An entry level 3.1 soundbar with center channel seems to be starting at 17k i.e. LG S6LY, not sure how much better it is. Guess will have to adust with this or spend hefty for a decent upgrade for dialogue clarity.
If we forget about dialogues, is there a budget soundbar worth it which can do good stereo channel separation with clean bass and better clarity.

Last edited:
I purchased CAT 7 cable to connect the 55CX to the router to have stable connection and utilise available 200Mbps broadband connectivity.

After connecting the cable, I leaned that the LAN port on 55CX is 100Mbps port and not gigabyte port. Hence, the connection was capped at 100Mbps.

Now, I. am connecting via Wifi and new cable was rendered useless.
This was news to me. I had happily connected the router directly to TV using LAN CAT 6E cable. Now I removed it and set the connectivity to wireless

This was news to me. I had happily connected the router directly to TV using LAN CAT 6E cable. Now I removed it and set the connectivity to wireless
Most TVs only have 100 Mbps, not just LG CX. However, if you don't need higher than 100 Mbps, it's still better to connect to wired than wireless. You get lower latencies and fewer packet drops compared to wireless even if you only get 100 Mbps v/s higher bandwidth for WiFi.

Even if you're streaming a full REMUXed blu-ray on the network, generally 50-60 Mbps is enough. A 50 GB file for a 2-hour movie will be 55 Mbps.

I bought a LG C9 55 last year. And am now thinking of upgrading the audio. Though I find the sound fairly satisfactory but miss the "boom" for the movies. Can you please recommend home theatre/soundbar setups? My budget is close to 1L for a 5.1/7.1 with Dolby Atmos preferably.
I have listened to Bose (over my budget), JBL & Sony but suggestions would be very helpful.

(My current audio/hifi setup is CA Amp + MS908i speakers but like I said, looking for a decent cinema sorround experience)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back