LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

I had panel issue when we just unboxed the new set, there is a permanenet vertical strip at edge of screen.
I just want you guys check the screen by running full white and 5% grey and make sure there are no pannel issues

1606038495522.png
7cd584fa-0806-409c-8f42-b5961f157d9f.jpeg

I had panel issue when we just unboxed the new set, there is a permanenet vertical strip at edge of screen.
I just want you guys check the screen by running full white and 5% grey and make sure there are no pannel issues

1606038495522.png
7cd584fa-0806-409c-8f42-b5961f157d9f.jpeg
That’s a defective panel. It will just get worse with multiple lines showing up.

Can any one guys share your HDR Settings ??

which one you prefer Cool or Warm tones ?

I got this playlist

Last edited:
I was planning to get 55CX as my desktop replacement monitor for work and gaming. But with the gamma issues being acknowledged by LG and no solution yet I have put on hold. Any gamers here who has purchased it - Looking for some feedbacks

I was planning to get 55CX as my desktop replacement monitor for work and gaming. But with the gamma issues being acknowledged by LG and no solution yet I have put on hold. Any gamers here who has purchased it - Looking for some feedbacks
VRR issues and G-SYNC Stuttering are resolved with new firmware update 3.11.30 last week.
Well Ideally it is the best Monitor for gaming if you have good gpu like 3080/3090 for 4k/120 fps

My list of content to stretch your Video Fidelity (to get best video experience on your TV)

1. Mulan 2020 4K UHD (Real HDR, Color are so good to watch)
2. Gemini Man 4K/60FPS UHD (Real HDR with 60Fps most movies are ~24fps, Color are good )
3. Blue Planet II 4K UHD ( Real HDR, no black bars, one of the best 4K nature documentry )
4. Passengers 4K UHD ( Real HDR, 4K DI)

maybe this movies are not so good in storywise but visually they are my best watchlist,

guys also share your best watch in your TV

I agree with Mulan (2020). Amazing colours.

Interstellar for the IMAX scenes. Velvety blacks when Cooper is falling in to the black hole, approaching event horizon.

Dunkirk for the crisp pictures.

1917 for Roger Deakins cinematography. Each minute detail stands out.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 looks great too.

Avoid Skyfall in 4K HDR. Utter waste. The SDR disc is much better.

VRR issues and G-SYNC Stuttering are resolved with new firmware update 3.11.30 last week.
Well Ideally it is the best Monitor for gaming if you have good gpu like 3080/3090 for 4k/120 fps
I was asking about the gamma issue in VRR

My list of content to stretch your Video Fidelity (to get best video experience on your TV)

1. Mulan 2020 4K UHD (Real HDR, Color are so good to watch)
2. Gemini Man 4K/60FPS UHD (Real HDR with 60Fps most movies are ~24fps, Color are good )
3. Blue Planet II 4K UHD ( Real HDR, no black bars, one of the best 4K nature documentry )
4. Passengers 4K UHD ( Real HDR, 4K DI)

maybe this movies are not so good in storywise but visually they are my best watchlist,

guys also share your best watch in your TV
Mulan is a turd of a movie. No amount of HDR can fix it (As someone who's seen both the original and its sequal, i would advice people not to waste time on the live action. Its my worst movie of 2020.

Mulan is a turd of a movie. No amount of HDR can fix it (As someone who's seen both the original and its sequal, i would advice people not to waste time on the live action. Its my worst movie of 2020.
my Dear Friend
I already mentioned
*Video Fidelity*
maybe this movies are not so good in storywise but visually they are my best watchlist
I really liked how the colours are. do you have LG CX ? run a sample video on it
you can understand what is my intention
btw This film got best color grading in HDR.

I have a C9.
My point is there are many movies to enjoy HDR. Why waste your time checking this piece of Crap movie where you have many others to choose from?
And stop being defensive. This suggestion was to forum members who would prefer checking out the color grading in HDR and also enjoy the movie at the same time. Geez!
I am not defensive bro, I am just saying liking is subjective, I felt it is good to watch just a suggestion.

*many movies to enjoy HDR*
they are very few movies that are real HDR and are 4K DI and movies that are graded well
Every 4k movie with HDR tag doesnt mean it is real HDR.
instead of replying me I hate that. you can you say list of movies they you enjoyed simple. If you want. Peace

No, it doesn't. As I said I am talking about gamma issues while using VRR and not stuttering or anything else
Bro that issued is already fixed, I was worried that it is hardware limitation and only next gen will fix it he was wrong. But LG are so fast they came with update and fixed that issue. you can check with 3.11.30 firmware.

Hi, Got my CX 55 installed today. Checked for dead pixels using some YouTube video with plain colors. Please inform me of any other things to be checked.
Also would like to know what would be good picture settings for OTT, YouTube and PC gaming.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back