LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

Well finally got my tv installed on a table top stand. The lg guy was telling that today was the last day for punching the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year.

My question is whether I should go for the extended warranty plan ?
Yes you should. 31st Jan is the last day for 3+2 warranty offer. From installation date you have 10 days to buy the 2 year AMC. For CX55 its 18640, I purchased it yesterday.

Do we have anybody who has got their TV calibrated by a professional or by DIY using a colorimeter

Could not get the TV to output multichannel sound through optical though arc works fine. Maybe I am missing something.

Last edited:
Seeking inputs from the LG TV users on this thread - Can you please check and share - in the linked thread?

Lets not mix and get the info lost in LG CX Thread. Thanks.

LG WebOS TVs: Picture in Picture PIP, Multi View, Split Screen functionality? Specific Details & Reality?

The feature called 'Tv on with mobile' is not working on my cx 55" tv. Although it works with Alexa but not with Google assistant or its mobile thinq app and lg tv plus remote app. Is anybody also facing the same issue.

today my cx is installed, everything is working properly including Dolby atmos over arc but when I change the volume with tv remote avr volume is not changing, anyone has any idea on this, how to fix it?

I see some kind of pixels moving on the screen when 4k content is played on Netflix(Please check attached image), HD content looks ok and also same is not observed on Amazon Prime, Youtube 4k content. Is this something known issue on Netflix?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-20 at 2.28.21 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-20 at 2.28.21 AM.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 32
today my cx is installed, everything is working properly including Dolby atmos over arc but when I change the volume with tv remote avr volume is not changing, anyone has any idea on this, how to fix it?
Are you connected through hdmi cable or Optical Audio Toslink Cable.
Operate from one remote is only possible through hdmi cable or bluetooth connection.
If you connected through hdmi then check your settings. In all settings go to connection then go to device connection settings and enable auto device detection and SIMPLINK (hdmi-cec). And also check option of univesal control settings and check your device model is available or not.

Are you connected through hdmi cable or Optical Audio Toslink Cable.
Operate from one remote is only possible through hdmi cable or bluetooth connection.
If you connected through hdmi then check your settings. In all settings go to connection then go to device connection settings and enable auto device detection and SIMPLINK (hdmi-cec). And also check option of univesal control settings and check your device model is available or not.
it is connected through hdmi and I have set receiver model even then also not working properly

How can i pair my LG CX with alexa so that i can control my TV with speaking to alexa device like "play something on Netflix"?

I see some kind of pixels moving on the screen when 4k content is played on Netflix(Please check attached image), HD content looks ok and also same is not observed on Amazon Prime, Youtube 4k content. Is this something known issue on Netflix?
Do you still experience this?

Yes, Looks like it is specific to series/movie observed in Punisher and Peaky Blinders
Netflix lately have been super clear on LCD/LED TVs as well. With OLED TVs, the brilliance of individual pixel emission may have something to do with this phenomenon. Is this image retention otherwise? Don't ignore little things. Check with LG.

Yes, Looks like it is specific to series/movie observed in Punisher and Peaky Blinders
Peaky Blinders season 1-4 are shot in 1080p SDR. Only Season 5 is in 4k HDR10/Dolby Vision. So if you're watching Season 1-4, expect some artefacts at least. Also, there's some film grain and colour grading done here which will look like this. It's supposed to look old and not modern, so they gave it a look of non-digital film cameras.

For Punisher, it's an artistic choice from them to add a lot of film grain which adds chromatic aberrations. It's supposed to look like that.

Peaky Blinders season 1-4 are shot in 1080p SDR. Only Season 5 is in 4k HDR10/Dolby Vision. So if you're watching Season 1-4, expect some artefacts at least. Also, there's some film grain and colour grading done here which will look like this. It's supposed to look old and not modern, so they gave it a look of non-digital film cameras.

For Punisher, it's an artistic choice from them to add a lot of film grain which adds chromatic aberrations. It's supposed to look like that.
Got it, thanks for info

Hi Guys this is probably my first or 2nd post here. So I have had CX 55 with me since August 2020 n my overall experience has been disappointing to say the least.My main Gripes.

1) Poor Upscaling of lower bit rate1080i, Tata Sky HD Channels.

2) Underwhelming HDR n average Specular highlights.

3) Super aggressive ABL n the accompanying dirty whites.

4) Less color volume n the set just does not pop.

Compared to Sony A8H the Sony obviously upscaled better but it also had better whites n doing a much better job with HDR as well. Now I realize that maybe I am not an OLED person afterall . I am eagerly waiting for the flagship Samsung QN90A/95A to launch here in India. IMO a good Mini LED offers the best of both worlds which Oleds with the exception of Sony A90J, Panasonic JZ 2000 just can't .

Hi Guys this is probably my first or 2nd post here. So I have had CX 55 with me since August 2020 n my overall experience has been disappointing to say the least.My main Gripes.

1) Poor Upscaling of lower bit rate1080i, Tata Sky HD Channels.

2) Underwhelming HDR n average Specular highlights.

3) Super aggressive ABL n the accompanying dirty whites.

4) Less color volume n the set just does not pop.

Compared to Sony A8H the Sony obviously upscaled better but it also had better whites n doing a much better job with HDR as well. Now I realize that maybe I am not an OLED person afterall . I am eagerly waiting for the flagship Samsung QN90A/95A to launch here in India. IMO a good Mini LED offers the best of both worlds which Oleds with the exception of Sony A90J, Panasonic JZ 2000 just can't .
Very interesting feedback on oled. Does oled works great only if one is confined to Netflix/prime and for sd channels?

Very interesting feedback on oled. Does oled works great only if one is confined to Netflix/prime and for sd channels?
It's not exactly an OLED thing but more to do with CX sub par upscaling. SD channels will always look poor on a 4K TV with screen sizes bigger than 43 inches.

Prime n Netflix in general n there originals in particular are streamed in good bitrates n should look good even on most flagships or midrange TVs.

Problems come with 1080p/ FHD content like Tata Sky, Hotstar, SonyLiv which on screen sizes 55, 65 n bigger need good upscaling. I have heard from multiple sources that this year's Sony XR n Samsung Neo Quantam processors are very good at this almost making them appear 1440p

A good picture processor can upscale to a certain extent and LG CX has a good one. I think the X1 ultimate in Sony not withstanding this is pretty decent. SD and 1080 fhd content will not look 4K no matter what even if it is the best of the best of the best in TVs.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back