LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

A good picture processor can upscale to a certain extent and LG CX has a good one. I think the X1 ultimate in Sony not withstanding this is pretty decent. SD and 1080 fhd content will not look 4K no matter what even if it is the best of the best of the best in TVs.
SD certainly won't but even a bit starved FHD content won't look 4k per say but halfway as close as 4k on a very good upscaling TV. Regarding CX Processors I would politely disagree with you.

You see at the time when I brought my CX I was so firmly entrenched on the LG OLED bandwagon n so convinced by all the OLED hype that I refused to even check out the competition, what a big mistake that was.

Couple of months later when I visited a friend to check his Samsung Q95T I was in for a big surprise, the same bit starved FHD looked noticeably sharper n cleaner on his set n HDR was the biggest difference, when I watched a few clips from Aquaman n Madmax I was like wow so this is how HDR is supposed to look like.

SD certainly won't but even a bit starved FHD content won't look 4k per say but halfway as close as 4k on a very good upscaling TV. Regarding CX Processors I would politely disagree with you.

You see at the time when I brought my CX I was so firmly entrenched on the LG OLED bandwagon n so convinced by all the OLED hype that I refused to even check out the competition, what a big mistake that was.

Couple of months later when I visited a friend to check his Samsung Q95T I was in for a big surprise, the same bit starved FHD looked noticeably sharper n cleaner on his set n HDR was the biggest difference, when I watched a few clips from Aquaman n Madmax I was like wow so this is how HDR is supposed to look like.
Sony new XR n Samsung Neo Quantam are supposed to be couple of notches above from X1 Ultimate generation. Even LG have upped there game with C1 n G1.

LG historically have been poor upscalers, forget Sony, Samsung, Panasonic even Phillips,Hisense,TCL are considered better than LG.

LG enjoys tremendous goodwill among the gaming community, if you take a look at YouTube n Reddit they are teeming with overzealous LG OLED fans who passionately defend it n thrashtalk there rivals particularly Samsung.

Well this is after all a thread of lg cx tvs so better to stay away from comparison or the persons concerned can start a new thread. This isn't the place.

Reading the comments of many persons reminds me of the tv reporter asking about the state of roads and getting an response that these were at par with the us. When questioned further about where he had been in the us the guy responded that havent been there but have seen on tv

Yeah every one who got the LG Oled are blind and didn’t check side by side with Samsung or Sony tv on how it performs for both HDR and SDR. Man Tv discussions have become a Joke in this forum with so many misinformation and fanboy comments.
Hmm Sarcasm n the implication that I am a Samsung fanboy spreading misinformation, I point out the fact that LG CX dose not upscale as good as the rivals is my valid observation based on direct comparison n having the TV since last August.It is not a question of whether I am right or all those people who did CX vs Sony vs Samsung were wrong . It's the matter of having an opinion n a perspective.

Hmm Sarcasm n the implication that I am a Samsung fanboy spreading misinformation, I point out the fact that LG CX dose not upscale as good as the rivals is my valid observation based on direct comparison n having the TV since last August.It is not a question of whether I am right or all those people who did CX vs Sony vs Samsung were wrong . It's the matter of having an opinion n a perspective.
If my memory serves me correctly at the time I was contemplating my TV purchase decision I recall you on these forums going on n on for days how Sony TV was so much sharper n better with a 1080p Torrent file while LG C9 was only doing an okay job .You ended up purchasing an Nvidia Shield to upscale movies on your C9.

I don't recall any of the members then calling you a Sony fanboy n spreading misinformation.

It does not. But we are ok with the fact that SD is SD and HD is HD. It gives great clarity wrt HD and 4k content. So in other words we must be content with the content. I am also not satisfied with the black crushing however every TV has its own drawbacks. The Sony 9300D I just sold was just brilliant display of colours and not so black crushing but was injurious to my eyes with a strainy viewing that makes me think OLED is the right choice. Plus gaming is excellent - the children like it.

Well this is after all a thread of lg cx tvs so better to stay away from comparison or the persons concerned can start a new thread. This isn't the place.

Reading the comments of many persons reminds me of the tv reporter asking about the state of roads and getting an response that these were at par with the us. When questioned further about where he had been in the us the guy responded that havent been there but have seen on tv
Maybe I ought to start a new thread but this is a CX owners thread n I am unlike most of you unhappy with my CX n regret buying it . My only aim apart from expressing my displeasure n guide prospective buyers , maybe yes I partially deviated from essence of the thread.

Regarding your TV reporter analogy I did take a good look at Sony A8H n Samsung Q95T while yes I have not seen the 2021 models but I trust the words of people far more wiser than me.

I get it as people try to defend there purchase but I don't feel obligated to the same.

From now on I desist from making any further posts as I will be deviating from the thread.

If my memory serves me correctly at the time I was contemplating my TV purchase decision I recall you on these forums going on n on for days how Sony TV was so much sharper n better with a 1080p Torrent file while LG C9 was only doing an okay job .You ended up purchasing an Nvidia Shield to upscale movies on your C9.

I don't recall any of the members then calling you a Sony fanboy n spreading misinformation.
Look at ur post on how u generalise lg fan boys. No body is defending their purchase and just cause u don’t see what others see doesn’t mean u get to be the deciding factor on what is better. Sharing opinion is different to acting as the deciding factor. No don’t do that in a general forum. U say lg is shit I don’t care and I won’t be arguing or replying to you. But urs was not an opinion but a generalised comment accusing all LG owners as compromised fan boys. Apart from you no one feels this way which means ur at the wrong side. Talk what ever u want but don’t generalise. You happily get a Sony or Samsung or what ever tv u feel best and enjoy tata sky.

Hi Guys this is probably my first or 2nd post here. So I have had CX 55 with me since August 2020 n my overall experience has been disappointing to say the least.My main Gripes.

1) Poor Upscaling of lower bit rate1080i, Tata Sky HD Channels.

2) Underwhelming HDR n average Specular highlights.

3) Super aggressive ABL n the accompanying dirty whites.

4) Less color volume n the set just does not pop.

Compared to Sony A8H the Sony obviously upscaled better but it also had better whites n doing a much better job with HDR as well. Now I realize that maybe I am not an OLED person afterall . I am eagerly waiting for the flagship Samsung QN90A/95A to launch here in India. IMO a good Mini LED offers the best of both worlds which Oleds with the exception of Sony A90J, Panasonic JZ 2000 just can't .

Attachments

• 20210404_222239.jpg
    20210404_222239.jpg
    870.9 KB · Views: 41
There might be some over here who will be doubting whether I am a LG Oled owner in the first place or just a motivated LG hater/Samsung fanboy or a troll.So I have posted a pic of my CX with a hand-written note spelling my username Jayaesh1.

Doesn’t matter if u are a owner of cx. That doesn’t make u the deciding factor. U don’t like it and it’s bad for u fine feel free to give ur opinion on the tv. Don’t be calling every one fanboys who are defending

Rofl standard mode and Oled light 90? Please don’t tell me that’s ur settings?
Most common folks who are not image accuracy sticklers have to necessarily prefer the movie mode with Warm colour tone n dynamic contrast off. I like my standard mode with a neutral colour tone , image bright n juiced up nothing wrong or hilarious about it.

I never called CX owners here fanboys, I have far more respect for people here including urself.

I called out The TV Tech related subscribers in YouTube n Reddit pages as OLED fanatics, might sound like a generalisation but it is a fact.

Look at ur post on how u generalise lg fan boys. No body is defending their purchase and just cause u don’t see what others see doesn’t mean u get to be the deciding factor on what is better. Sharing opinion is different to acting as the deciding factor. No don’t do that in a general forum. U say lg is shit I don’t care and I won’t be arguing or replying to you. But urs was not an opinion but a generalised comment accusing all LG owners as compromised fan boys. Apart from you no one feels this way which means ur at the wrong side. Talk what ever u want but don’t generalise. You happily get a Sony or Samsung or what ever tv u feel best and enjoy tata sky.
I will enjoy Tata Sky far more with my QN95A Look Cord Cutting is fine but I watch a lot of Cricket n Football n Tata Sky HD channels PQ are much superior to Hotstar n Sony Liv, so unless that changes I am not severing my Tata Sky umbilical cord.

Most common folks who are not image accuracy sticklers have to necessarily prefer the movie mode with Warm colour tone n dynamic contrast off. I like my standard mode with a neutral colour tone , image bright n juiced up nothing wrong or hilarious about it.
No wonder u like Samsung.

No wonder u like Samsung.
True that wink wink , yes I admit I really liked the Samsung Q95T both the upscaling n HDR but one con was super aggressive local dimming to nullify blooming.

Coming back to CX since I watch my SDR content juiced up the panel gets incredibly hot 47 degrees to be precise.

Is this heating normal or does it have any implications on longetivety of the panel...

True that wink wink , yes I admit I really liked the Samsung Q95T both the upscaling n HDR but one con was super aggressive local dimming to nullify blooming.

Coming back to CX since I watch my SDR content juiced up the panel gets incredibly hot 47 degrees to be precise.

Is this heating normal or does it have any implications on longetivety of the panel...
I have never experienced such heat in my c9 Even in HDR where all settings are maxed and my c9 doesn’t get that hot. Ur settings are way off for an Oled. U need to calibrate to accurate modes and watch SDR. In ur current settings it will look cartoonish and over exposed image.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back