LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

So you have argued with others in other forums and discussion boards regarding the same. You will realise some day. Just a matter of time.
Nope. I have 55 and 75 both and I know the difference. You don't own 75. Now don't quote me anymore. You be happy sticking your face to a tiny tv. Spare me your small is same as bigger. Don't wanna interact with you anymore. You go your away and I go my way. OLED fanboy be like 25 inch OLED better than 100 inch qled. Because picture quality vroooooo.

Nope. I have 55 and 75 both and I know the difference. You don't own 75. Now don't quote me anymore. You be happy sticking your face to a tiny tv. Spare me your small is same as bigger. Don't wanna interact with you anymore. You go your away and I go my way. OLED fanboy be like 25 inch OLED better than 100 inch qled. Because picture quality vroooooo.
I have a 75" hall TV, Sony 8000 H. And a room 65" LG CX OLED. My viewing angle at hall varies between 8-9 feet at couch to even 18-20 feet in my dining table.

I have had a VA panel 65" Sony 9300D for five years as a hall TV before this 75" Sony 8000H , one of the brightest TVs you can get with colour accuracy so precise and that TV was a segment leader flagship brilliant display of triluminous quantum that sometimes people used to ask if I made the right choice going for a 75" TV - a marginal increase in size for a hell lot if difference in PQ. The only time the 75" made a difference was when I viewed the 75" sitting from the dining table.

At the couch facing the TV, instead of 6-7 feet now I (actually 'we' - I have septuagenerian mom and dad, my wife who is in late 30s and my 12 year old twin sons) view it at 8-9 feet. This 75" TV is 7 months old and so I have had the experience of watching it for a long enough time to tell you.
My room TV, I watch at 6-7 feet and it looks just like 75" at 7-8 feet distance.

Bigger is better only in some cases - as in watching it from the dining table in my house which is 18-20 feet away. But in nearer viewing angles 75" to 65" makes marginal difference.

My ps4 starts by itself everytime i switch on the tv . I had switched off the hdmi auto link from the ps4 menu and it stopped but then the shortcuts on the remote stopped working. And ps4 stopped working with lg remote.

My ps4 starts by itself everytime i switch on the tv . I had switched off the hdmi auto link from the ps4 menu and it stopped but then the shortcuts on the remote stopped working. And ps4 stopped working with lg remote.
Google knowledge- dont use the power button to switch on the tv. Use a shortcut key like Netflix or prime or a mapped number key. Working fine with this work around.

I am considering between CX and GX and will be pairing it with Bose Lifestyle 35 system.

From what I understand the key differences include flush wallmounting and 4.2 audio in GX over CX. Is there any other feature that gives GX edge over CX?

Also, will appreciate reviews for the GX soundbar that is now being offered with LG GX TV.

I am wondering if GX Soundbar and the HT can be used together such that the soundbar is used as the Centre speaker and the other (L&R rear and the Subwoofer) are the Bose Lifestyle.

Thanks!

I am considering between CX and GX and will be pairing it with Bose Lifestyle 35 system.

From what I understand the key differences include flush wallmounting and 4.2 audio in GX over CX. Is there any other feature that gives GX edge over CX?

Also, will appreciate reviews for the GX soundbar that is now being offered with LG GX TV.

I am wondering if GX Soundbar and the HT can be used together such that the soundbar is used as the Centre speaker and the other (L&R rear and the Subwoofer) are the Bose Lifestyle.

Thanks!
In CX you need to use remote control to navigate through voice command but in GX it is possible to voice command to navigate through TV alone. But in some forums I have seen people complaining about its non- functioning. So I do not know for sure.

Guys on day 1 i removed the plastic film in the front of the screen but today I noticed the rear of the screen also has a plastic film in multiple parts. Does the rear plastic films too need to be removed to prevent heating ?
Edit- removed the rear plastic film as its recommended by lg as per the net.

Last edited:
A few observations on picture modes selection -
For sports watch in std or hdr or power saving modes. I have reduced the brightness to 40 in std mode.
For ott and cable everyday watching - expert modes dark or bright .
For extra sharpness hdr mode for YouTube and Netflix (if u have the 4k subscription) .
I have taken the Disney channel last week and its sharpness and colors are also very good. Netflix, apple and Disney top in pq while prime videos and zee5 bring up the rear.
The color and picture variation is so much from mode to mode that makes you question what the real unadulterated picture is ?

The color and picture variation is so much from mode to mode that makes you question what the real unadulterated picture is ?
The real image which the content creator intended for us to view will be totally opposite to the image you see in standard or vivid mode which most of the viewers like. Normally most go for the standard mode for the vibrant image . In my c9 I prefer the cinema mode which is now filmmaker mode in cx I guess. This mode calibrated well should get you close the the accurate image. But is that the image you or most prefer? It comes down to personal taste.

The real image which the content creator intended for us to view will be totally opposite to the image you see in standard or vivid mode which most of the viewers like. Normally most go for the standard mode for the vibrant image . In my c9 I prefer the cinema mode which is now filmmaker mode in cx I guess. This mode calibrated well should get you close the the accurate image. But is that the image you or most prefer? It comes down to personal taste.
Cx has both filmmaker and movie modes. I find them both dull.

Cx has both filmmaker and movie modes. I find them both dull.
Then you should stick with the standard or vivid mode as the image is bright and punchy in both the modes. It’s not necessary for every one to like the accurate image. But since you where wondering what the real image should look like I explained in the previous post.

Then you should stick with the standard or vivid mode as the image is bright and punchy in both the modes. It’s not necessary for every one to like the accurate image. But since you where wondering what the real image should look like I explained in the previous post.
Vivid is horrible. Standard can be edited to personal likes and i use it for watching sports.
My personal choice is hdr for YouTube and netflix , apple , Disney, alternating it with the 2 expert modes.
And not really convinced that the filmmaker mode is "accurate ". Seems like elitist bs to me.

Vivid is horrible. Standard can be edited to personal likes and i use it for watching sports.
My personal choice is hdr for YouTube and netflix , apple , Disney, alternating it with the 2 expert modes.
And not really convinced that the filmmaker mode is "accurate ". Seems like elitist bs to me.
Ok no clue about filmmaker mode as my tv doesn’t have that mode. Accurate we can never know unless we compare it with a reference monitor.

Ok no clue about filmmaker mode as my tv doesn’t have that mode. Accurate we can never know unless we compare it with a reference monitor.
Navin, film maker mode has OLED light as energy saving, contrast as 85, brightness as 50, sharpness as 10, colour 50, tint 0 in CX. In advanced it is like dynamic contrast off, super resolution off, colour gamut auto, gamma BT 1886, peak brightness off.

Maybe you can manually set these for a good movie and tell us how you perceive the visuals.

Navin, film maker mode has OLED light as energy saving, contrast as 85, brightness as 50, sharpness as 10, colour 50, tint 0 in CX. In advanced it is like dynamic contrast off, super resolution off, colour gamut auto, gamma BT 1886, peak brightness off.

Maybe you can manually set these for a good movie and tell us how you perceive the visuals.
Ok but in c9 you don’t have FileMaker mode so I use cinema mode for both HDR and SDR. I normally don’t prefer dynamic contrast and leave it disabled. And in fact I don’t thing it will be available in cinema mode. Colour gamut I leave it as auto and peak brightness mostly I set it off but for some movies I keep it at medium.

Wasted money on cheap bluetooth earbuds from edifier which had great ratings and now cant return them. Can only be replaced. The sound is tiny with zero bass and the sound keeps dropping intermittently when connected to the cx. My 2 old bluetooth speakers have zero dropping issues and sound so much better. Thought the aptx would mean a good sound experience.
I tried with the apple buds 2.0 and zero sound drop in them . The sound quality is also so much better.
Above is with the lg tv though .
With my phone their are no drops. Though the sound is still tiny like from a old laptop with no bass.

Wasted money on cheap bluetooth earbuds from edifier which had great ratings and now cant return them. Can only be replaced. The sound is tiny with zero bass and the sound keeps dropping intermittently when connected to the cx. My 2 old bluetooth speakers have zero dropping issues and sound so much better. Thought the aptx would mean a good sound experience.
I tried with the apple buds 2.0 and zero sound drop in them . The sound quality is also so much better.
Above is with the lg tv though .
With my phone their are no drops. Though the sound is still tiny like from a old laptop with no bass.
Switching the wifi connection off on the LG eliminates the dropping issues. Issues with 2.4 ghz interference. If the replacement pair also have similar issues then i will have to use a intermediate router on 5 ghz for the LG.
Now i am stuck with these buds.

Anyone here has a LG GX? Is the table stand feet available over here? if you decide not to wall mount it?

Thanks.

Getting a weird green tinge on white Jerseys of players when watching the cricket match on Tata sky star sports HD but no such things when I watch it on hotstar.
Is there any issue in HDMI wire?

I have been watching the mandalorian on the cx through the inbuilt disney app and its bitrate hovers around 5 mbps. The quality is borderline full hd . It seems lg has not updated the Disney hotstar app in India to 4k , while as usual the rest of the world has 4k.
I am planning to raise a stink through their customer care and would encourage others to join in.
We pay a premium for their TV's as compared to the west and cant even use our screens to their capacity . I am not happy.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back